January 26, 2015 | 1652 users online

Treatments (Face) - Philosophy - Resurface Kit - The Microdelivery In-Home Vitamin C Peptide Peel

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2014 10:08:00 AM More reviews by detailswithin23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This stuff is incredible. I just started using Philosophy skincare products this past week, and am wondering WHY it took so long for me to find out about their amazingness. My skin is already clearer and smoother, and feels SO HEALTHY. Sure, the price is a little steep, but I have spent tons of money on many new products that ended up not being worthwhile... this stuff is worthwhile and therefore worth the price.

Add some Philosophy to your life!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2014 8:22:00 PM More reviews by mrobi71

This is a great exfoliator. It smells like oranges and my face feels so soft after using it. I use it twice a week and the immediate results are softness and a plumpness to my skin. My foundation and blush go on so smooth. It has also helped my acne scarred skin look better. I have sensitive skin and I have had no breakouts and no reactions. The only con is that step one is in a jar. I use an orange stick or q tip to scoop out to avoid sticking my fingers in it. It is also a little pricey. However, I'm likely to buy it again because I have loved the results.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2014 12:18:00 AM More reviews by KaiteKins

this stuff makes skin feel like a babies butt. I don't see anything long term but after I put this on may skin is softer and looks better.It is pricey though which lost it one lippie. If this is to strong for you I would recommend the purifying peel with enzymes, but if you want something more heavy duty this is it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2014 7:33:00 PM More reviews by DylHayd

I love this stuff! I have super sensitive skin, so I was cautious... My face always feels "hot" after using this, but I have never had any negative reactions. It makes my skin, which never seemed bad-just dull, feel so smooth and made makeup application a dream. It helps with flakes, should you have any. I cant tell if it helps my pore size... I think it has shrunk them somewhat but that may just be in my head. Still, I would totally recommend. It is very pricey (in my opinion) but if you can splurge-go for it!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2013 11:39:00 AM More reviews by SophMcD

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My all time favorite exfoliate I have ever used! I have oily/combo skin and I can't get enough. It leaves my skin brighter and faded my acne scars from the past. Leaves me skin feeling like a DOLPHIN! The vitamin c crystals are abrasive enough to remove black heads and dead skin cells. My skin will feel like a dolphin for two weeks. After putting the glycolic it warms up the vitamin c crystals and turns it into a creamy white foam and exfoliates the skin from the inside out. I recommend this to everyone! Of your skin is sensitive I recommend damping your face first and for everyone DO NOT scrub with it. It is abrasive enough you can gently run it over your skin and let the crystals do all the work!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2013 4:05:00 PM More reviews by KarsenLynn

My favorite treatment. Makes my skin so glowy! It clears/shrinks pores without drying out my skin, and it leaves my skin visibly smoother and brighter.
You only need to use it maybe 1x a week, this stuff is potent so it lasts a really long time, which is why I'm okay with the price.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2013 1:23:00 AM More reviews by domokun_nyc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is an effective 2-step scrub that provides short-term results of smoother, brighter skin. However, it is very expensive for what it does and also, for me, a bit messy and time-consuming. Great if you enjoy a pampering spa-like treatment at home, not so great if you want a quick scrub in the shower and be done. I enjoy the results and the warming sensation, but rarely use it because it does take that extra time to apply the crystals, then apply the serum, wait for it to work, then rinse off with a flannel. Will stick to cheap St. Ives scrubs in the shower for now.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/2/2013 11:51:00 PM More reviews by yunniex

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Pros:
1. This treatment thoroughly exfoliates your skin better than any other product out there. Basicaly, this kit comes with vitamin C crystals (step one) and a bottle of gel (step two). You apply the vitamin C crystals gently over your face, leave it for a minute and then apply the gel over it. I didn't need to use much scrubbing motions when applying this product because I could literally feel the product working on my skin - cleansing, exfoliating my skin inside out!

2. It helps to remove my blackheads. After washing off the treatment, I will usually apply a mask on my face (either anti-blemish control mask by Clinique or clear improvement by Origins) to sort of give that additional clean feeling that I want. After that, I'll place a pore strip over my nose to remove those pesky blackheads.

Cons:
1. I have sensitive skin, hence, the tingling feeling when applying the vitamin C crystals and gel can tend to be quite uncomfortable. It also tends to make my skin a bit redder than usual but this fades after one night.

2. I can't use this weekly as it proves to be too much for my skin. I tried to used it weekly before but ended up with a breakout.

3. No improvements on my acne scars - perhaps my scars are too severe beyond repair?

4. Unhygienic packaging of the vitamin C crystals. I have to stick my fingers into the jar every time i want to use it.. I would much prefer it if it came in a squeeze tube.

Verdict : Despite the longer list of cons, the cleansing/exfoliating benefits of this treatment is too good to pass up! I always had trouble finding a really good exfoliater until I found this peel! It is also one of my go-to routines if I have any special events coming up to give my skin that extra boost it needs (I use it approx 2 days before).

5 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2013 8:59:00 PM More reviews by CarbonaNotGlue

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Wow, this stuff is actually amazing! I got a sample of it and just tried it for the first time. Takes less than five minutes and leaves your skin ridiculously soft. I have sensitive skin, so lots of exfoliating cleansers are too much for me, but this one doesn't irritate my face at all.

It smells very citrusy, which I love. After I washed it off I cleansed my face with Olay Foaming Facial Cleanser (which is the best cleanser I've ever found for sensitive skin, btw) and moisturized with Peter Thomas Roth Oilless Oil. I was amazed at how it sank into my skin! I hadn't loved that product until now. This exfoliator is worth the money!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2013 4:28:00 PM More reviews by vivcheung

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I would compare this to using baking soda and vinegar when you clean your kitchen/bath that leaves everything sparkling clean.... After using this treatment on my face, I immediately noticed how it brightened my complexion by several shades. It also left my skin feeling so baby soft and smooth. I loved how it fizzed and warmed up as the peel is activated.