November 27, 2014 | 1491 users online

Treatments (Face) - Philosophy - Resurface Kit - The Microdelivery In-Home Vitamin C Peptide Peel

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2014 7:33:00 PM More reviews by DylHayd

I love this stuff! I have super sensitive skin, so I was cautious... My face always feels "hot" after using this, but I have never had any negative reactions. It makes my skin, which never seemed bad-just dull, feel so smooth and made makeup application a dream. It helps with flakes, should you have any. I cant tell if it helps my pore size... I think it has shrunk them somewhat but that may just be in my head. Still, I would totally recommend. It is very pricey (in my opinion) but if you can splurge-go for it!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2013 11:39:00 AM More reviews by SophMcD

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My all time favorite exfoliate I have ever used! I have oily/combo skin and I can't get enough. It leaves my skin brighter and faded my acne scars from the past. Leaves me skin feeling like a DOLPHIN! The vitamin c crystals are abrasive enough to remove black heads and dead skin cells. My skin will feel like a dolphin for two weeks. After putting the glycolic it warms up the vitamin c crystals and turns it into a creamy white foam and exfoliates the skin from the inside out. I recommend this to everyone! Of your skin is sensitive I recommend damping your face first and for everyone DO NOT scrub with it. It is abrasive enough you can gently run it over your skin and let the crystals do all the work!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2013 4:05:00 PM More reviews by KarsenLynn

My favorite treatment. Makes my skin so glowy! It clears/shrinks pores without drying out my skin, and it leaves my skin visibly smoother and brighter.
You only need to use it maybe 1x a week, this stuff is potent so it lasts a really long time, which is why I'm okay with the price.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2013 1:23:00 AM More reviews by domokun_nyc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is an effective 2-step scrub that provides short-term results of smoother, brighter skin. However, it is very expensive for what it does and also, for me, a bit messy and time-consuming. Great if you enjoy a pampering spa-like treatment at home, not so great if you want a quick scrub in the shower and be done. I enjoy the results and the warming sensation, but rarely use it because it does take that extra time to apply the crystals, then apply the serum, wait for it to work, then rinse off with a flannel. Will stick to cheap St. Ives scrubs in the shower for now.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/2/2013 11:51:00 PM More reviews by yunniex

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Pros:
1. This treatment thoroughly exfoliates your skin better than any other product out there. Basicaly, this kit comes with vitamin C crystals (step one) and a bottle of gel (step two). You apply the vitamin C crystals gently over your face, leave it for a minute and then apply the gel over it. I didn't need to use much scrubbing motions when applying this product because I could literally feel the product working on my skin - cleansing, exfoliating my skin inside out!

2. It helps to remove my blackheads. After washing off the treatment, I will usually apply a mask on my face (either anti-blemish control mask by Clinique or clear improvement by Origins) to sort of give that additional clean feeling that I want. After that, I'll place a pore strip over my nose to remove those pesky blackheads.

Cons:
1. I have sensitive skin, hence, the tingling feeling when applying the vitamin C crystals and gel can tend to be quite uncomfortable. It also tends to make my skin a bit redder than usual but this fades after one night.

2. I can't use this weekly as it proves to be too much for my skin. I tried to used it weekly before but ended up with a breakout.

3. No improvements on my acne scars - perhaps my scars are too severe beyond repair?

4. Unhygienic packaging of the vitamin C crystals. I have to stick my fingers into the jar every time i want to use it.. I would much prefer it if it came in a squeeze tube.

Verdict : Despite the longer list of cons, the cleansing/exfoliating benefits of this treatment is too good to pass up! I always had trouble finding a really good exfoliater until I found this peel! It is also one of my go-to routines if I have any special events coming up to give my skin that extra boost it needs (I use it approx 2 days before).

5 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2013 8:59:00 PM More reviews by CarbonaNotGlue

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Wow, this stuff is actually amazing! I got a sample of it and just tried it for the first time. Takes less than five minutes and leaves your skin ridiculously soft. I have sensitive skin, so lots of exfoliating cleansers are too much for me, but this one doesn't irritate my face at all.

It smells very citrusy, which I love. After I washed it off I cleansed my face with Olay Foaming Facial Cleanser (which is the best cleanser I've ever found for sensitive skin, btw) and moisturized with Peter Thomas Roth Oilless Oil. I was amazed at how it sank into my skin! I hadn't loved that product until now. This exfoliator is worth the money!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2013 4:28:00 PM More reviews by vivcheung

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I would compare this to using baking soda and vinegar when you clean your kitchen/bath that leaves everything sparkling clean.... After using this treatment on my face, I immediately noticed how it brightened my complexion by several shades. It also left my skin feeling so baby soft and smooth. I loved how it fizzed and warmed up as the peel is activated.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2013 11:37:00 PM More reviews by Rachel1234

I've been using this once a week, and it makes a huge difference in my skin. Makes my skin feel sooooooo soft, fine lines are visibly reduced, skin looks very glowy and healthy. I really like it. It has improved my skin a lot. I had previously been using the Peter Thomas Roth peel pads, but this Philosophy product is much better. It took a long time to see results with the PTR pads, but this Philosophy kit is instant satisfaction. I look forward to using this each week because I know my skin is going to look great afterwards. :)

I paid about $75.00 for this, but considering I have been using it every week for about 3 months (12 uses) and I still have about 1/3 of the jar left, I think that comes out to a pretty good deal. If I can get 6 more weeks out of it, then that will be about 18 uses for $75.00 which is roughly $4.15 per treatment. I think that's a great deal for a peel that works this well. :)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2013 2:14:00 PM More reviews by desertgirl77

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

What can I say? For the price, you will get a minimum of 10 treatments and that is a steal compared to a facial. Your skin feels really good after this, and it looks very "glow-y"..It didn't break me out and I couldn't wait to do it again the following week. I would totally buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2013 10:31:00 PM More reviews by pizzamomma

WOW!!! The best skin care purchase I have ever bought. Worth every penny! I was considering getting a facial peel but after using this for three weeks my acne marks are almost gone and I have an overall even skin tone. I have never had overall even skin tone!!! It also did not break out my acne prone skin. RUN to the store to get this!