July 28, 2014 | 1378 users online

Lipstick - NARS - Schiap

rated 3 of 5 on 4/4/2013 11:24:00 AM More reviews by PaintInkChick

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Green

I'm kinda on the fence about Schiap. I had it and swapped it away. It's such a pretty color,and although I'm not a l/s girl...luv glosses I just couldn't make this work for me. One night it did,the other it didn't. It's opaque,and kinda streaky,so you'd have to apply a couple layers to get a good look,not feeling that. Even applied a gloss over. I may try to repurchase this again,although I'm not to keen on in your face lippies,or just go with Strawberry fields.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2013 1:31:00 PM More reviews by materialface

I purchased this liptsick over a year ago, and i have 80% of the stick still. Since it is such a beautiful bright pigmented color, you don't need much every time you put it on. You can always count on NARS for good quality products, if you are willing to pay a little more.

- It is a matte finish but not drying at all, like other reviewers have said.
- The lasting power is long and stains your lips
- If you swipe it all over your lips it tends to make your lips look a bit flat, so adding a bit of shiny lip gloss in the centre of your lips is a good trick
- This is a versatile lipstick if you know how to apply. If you want a softer less intense look, rub on the lipstick with your ring finger and dab focusing in the centre of your lips.
- I recieved MAC's amplified lipstick in 'Girl About Town' as a gift, and although MAC isn't the most affordable for everyone, it is about $10 less than NARS, so this could be considered as a glossier dupe.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2013 4:51:00 PM More reviews by ainslieann

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a really bright, hot pink/fuschia lipstick. It makes your mouth pop. Since I am fair-skinned, I feel like it does wash me out slightly, but I always have that problem with very bright or dark lipsticks. I think using a lip liner before applying is a must, because the lipstick is so pigmented that any mistakes out of the "lines" will really show. It is matte, so I make sure to exfoliate my lips well beforehand, or the application is not as pretty in my opinion. Very high quality, very pigmented, very semi-matte lipstick. It is a definite "look at me" color.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2013 9:00:00 PM More reviews by Agharzeddine

Hands down my favorite lipstick..and I AM a lipstick girl! The staying power is flawless, and even though it's matte it's not drying at ALL. The color is kind of like a barbie pink and really makes your whole look pop! Must have

rated 3 of 5 on 2/16/2013 6:07:00 AM More reviews by AB188

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I wanted this for ages but when it was bought as a gift it was too neon for me. At 40 i think wearing neon pink made me look a bit silly. I do love bright colours, i have Nars Heat Wave which i feel more comfortable in. I just felt a bimbo wearing candy pink, the blue tones in it are nice however. I have Mac girl about town which i dont feel daft wearing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2013 11:38:00 PM More reviews by Parisa909

Everything about this lipstick is hot, hot, hot! If you ask me, there is no better blue-based hot pink in the world. Schiap is an extremely bright fuchsia lipstick that with bold neon undertones, that looks so gorgeously vibrant day and night. It is so unbelievably bright thanks to the semi-matte finish, that for such a pigmented shade is non-drying on my lips. It looks so good on ladies with darker hair and medium colouring. Because I have both these features, I can wear this shade anytime of day and it just brightens my complexion and makes my eyes look brighter. The best feature, obviously apart from the pigmentation is its longevity. Id say with Schiap, a good 6-8 hours of wear is totally achievable. Ive worn this throughout the whole day without any touch ups. This lipstick also has a delectable scent to it, like grapefruits and lemons? Well a definite hint of citrus nonetheless. A very similar shade is MAC 'Girl About Town' lipstick, but I prefer Schiap.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2013 7:16:00 PM More reviews by Juliebeans

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Truthfully excited about writing a review on this product. The color, texture, and smell can't get any better than this. Out of all my vibrantly colored lipsticks(all MACs), I can't help but to keep wearing this one; I'm addicted! Before I go out, I literally try on a few other colors just like trying on different outfits; however, it always comes back to this one. I feel bad for my other colors as they are being neglected. I will keep wearing Schiap until I get tired of it someday one day. It also accentuates and shapes my lips very beautifully and en pointe. I have many pics of me wearing the color; if you'd like to see, msg me! I also wanted to note I did buy a comparable color in MAC called Candy Yum Yum. A little similar to Schiap but it is more matte, a little brighter, and more Barbie-ish. Gorgeous color; however, like I said, Schiap keeps my attention. Sometimes I mix both. I have nothing negative to say. Although a bit pricey, it is well worth it. I always have fun with it and looks great on me as others say.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2013 9:39:00 PM More reviews by Maggc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

It is a bright fuschia-pink, semi-matte lipstick. I love Nars lippies for their texture and this is no exception. It can be easily glide on the lips, the color might seem garish sometimes but with some outfit coordinations, it is just the right pop of colour I need! It is quite long lasting and will leave a nice stain of pink behind after wiping/eating. A lot of other luxury brands' lippies sometimes seem too creamy and "melty" looking for my liking.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2012 11:16:00 AM More reviews by TinkerbellonCrack

Throwing in my 2 cents because I think the pictures above are very misleading. Schiap is a crazy candy bright pink. It leans blue but I would never call it a fuchsia. It has a satin finish as another user explained, so in the pic of Kim K, the artist must have been layering products; I do not think that lip looks like Schiap at all. This lipstick makes MAC Girl About Town look subtle. It is not exactly neon but very pigmented and attention-grabbing. This is a step above your typical pop-of-colour pink. Interestingly, the tone of this shade makes the colour much more friendly than many famed pink lippies. I would highly recommend swatching before buying.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2012 1:35:00 AM More reviews by twocentsworth

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love the vibrancy of this colour. I looked at several hot pink lipsticks and this is the one I settled on. It is a punchy colour with full, even coverage. There is no glitter or shimmer in it. It is quite youthful and it really looks fabulous with my fair complexion. I find that it isn't as drying as other Nars matte lipsticks like 'Catfight'. I find that it is fairly long wearing but it does come off when I eat/drink. This is my fun weekend/going out/party lipstick!