NARS Schiap

4.5

This color is beautiful! It's a little difficult to apply (because I have very light skin and not well defined lips), but it looks beautiful on! It looks great for hours, and stays on through meals. It's a perfect fuchsia!

on 9/11/2013 1:39:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

There is something awkwardly classy about this bright pink lipstick that sets it apart from others. I just think it is the perfect shade of pink - it's brilliantly vivid and opaque. It's a blue based pink lipstick, so it works well for my cool undertones. Being fair-skinned, I didn't see a bright pink lipstick in my future as most I have tried are too warm for my complexion.

I feel in serious lust with this after seeing it on the Sephora website and scoping it out on beauty blogs. It just makes me happy. For me, this is more of a 'night out' or special occasion lipstick because it's just so fun for a party! I'd recommend investing in a lipliner, just to make sure your edges don't get messy (it's such a bold colour that it will be easy to see when it smudges, as with a red lipstick). A good lipliner to try would be either Urban Decay 'Wicked', or MAC 'Magenta' Lipliner. This has semi-matte finish which I really like, as I lean more towards matte lipsticks in general. However if you aren't into matte lipsticks, it's good to note that this isn't very drying as it still retains some creamy consistency - as opposed to being a straight matte product.

Beaauuttiffullllllllll must-own shade!

on 9/6/2013 11:55:00 AM

I really fall in love of this lipstick, it stays a long time, even after a snack or meal, it´s quite expensive but i will buy it again!! and the color it´s just lovely!! :D

on 6/15/2013 10:40:00 PM

Perfect bright pink lipstick with blue undertones. Looks beautiful with Yu lip liner.

on 5/19/2013 12:44:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I knew there was a reason I wanted this lipstick so badly, and it was so worth it in the end to finally have it in my hands!

Candy yum yum is the baby prostitute fuschia colored lipstick while this lipstick is the tasteful professional who goes out for happy hour. I own and love both, but this one is a little deeper so that it cannot be garish, especially with my tan skin and dark hair. It is still definitely not for the meek, but it is much classier to pull off. I just love how it is a bright lip without trying too hard and screaming look at me at everyone who passes by. People will look, but there will be no judgmental icy knife stares from women or leery ones from men.

After the initial 3 or 4 hours, the color fades evenly into this beautiful raspberry stain that isn't cracking up your lips or leaving in blotches. The sexy mistress left you a love letter bedside. And the best thing is it doesn't dry out my lips like the matte formula of candy yum yum. I have real trouble with wearing lipsticks since I constantly have to reapply lip balm in fear of peeling color.

I dislike how nars gives you so little product for your money since I will be wearing this one often for the summer.

on 5/15/2013 1:03:00 AM

There is nothing else to say about this lipstick except that it is AMAZING and I love it and everyone should own it.
I am on my second tube. Its definitely a bright, shocking pink (truly the brightest and most neon hot pink out there) so it is not for the faint of heart. But worn with a nude face and just eyeliner on the top lid + mascara it looks incredible. you will get compliments and comments galore as people wonder where on earth you got such an incredible hot pink lip color.

I love to pull my hair up into a high bun and wear this with gold earrings. Its so simple yet such a fun and elegant look. I also like wearing my hair down and wavy/beachy with this and a little bronzer. This lipstick is a MUST HAVE for summer and I truly think it looks great on many different skin tones and with many different hair colors. I am medium-light blond with blue eyes and slightly tanned skin and although I am warmed toned, this cool-toned pink looks great.

My good friend is Italian and has dark brown hair and brown eyes with olive skin and she looks fabulous in it as well. She is the one who introduced me to it years ago!!

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I'm kinda on the fence about Schiap. I had it and swapped it away. It's such a pretty color,and although I'm not a l/s girl...luv glosses I just couldn't make this work for me. One night it did,the other it didn't. It's opaque,and kinda streaky,so you'd have to apply a couple layers to get a good look,not feeling that. Even applied a gloss over. I may try to repurchase this again,although I'm not to keen on in your face lippies,or just go with Strawberry fields.

on 3/21/2013 1:31:00 PM

I purchased this liptsick over a year ago, and i have 80% of the stick still. Since it is such a beautiful bright pigmented color, you don't need much every time you put it on. You can always count on NARS for good quality products, if you are willing to pay a little more.

- It is a matte finish but not drying at all, like other reviewers have said.
- The lasting power is long and stains your lips
- If you swipe it all over your lips it tends to make your lips look a bit flat, so adding a bit of shiny lip gloss in the centre of your lips is a good trick
- This is a versatile lipstick if you know how to apply. If you want a softer less intense look, rub on the lipstick with your ring finger and dab focusing in the centre of your lips.
- I recieved MAC's amplified lipstick in 'Girl About Town' as a gift, and although MAC isn't the most affordable for everyone, it is about $10 less than NARS, so this could be considered as a glossier dupe.

on 3/8/2013 4:51:00 PM

This is a really bright, hot pink/fuschia lipstick. It makes your mouth pop. Since I am fair-skinned, I feel like it does wash me out slightly, but I always have that problem with very bright or dark lipsticks. I think using a lip liner before applying is a must, because the lipstick is so pigmented that any mistakes out of the "lines" will really show. It is matte, so I make sure to exfoliate my lips well beforehand, or the application is not as pretty in my opinion. Very high quality, very pigmented, very semi-matte lipstick. It is a definite "look at me" color.

Hands down my favorite lipstick..and I AM a lipstick girl! The staying power is flawless, and even though it's matte it's not drying at ALL. The color is kind of like a barbie pink and really makes your whole look pop! Must have

Popular Lipsticks