August 22, 2014 | 1174 users online

Lipstick - NARS - Schiap

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2013 12:44:00 AM More reviews by orenjinominh

I knew there was a reason I wanted this lipstick so badly, and it was so worth it in the end to finally have it in my hands!

Candy yum yum is the baby prostitute fuschia colored lipstick while this lipstick is the tasteful professional who goes out for happy hour. I own and love both, but this one is a little deeper so that it cannot be garish, especially with my tan skin and dark hair. It is still definitely not for the meek, but it is much classier to pull off. I just love how it is a bright lip without trying too hard and screaming look at me at everyone who passes by. People will look, but there will be no judgmental icy knife stares from women or leery ones from men.

After the initial 3 or 4 hours, the color fades evenly into this beautiful raspberry stain that isn't cracking up your lips or leaving in blotches. The sexy mistress left you a love letter bedside. And the best thing is it doesn't dry out my lips like the matte formula of candy yum yum. I have real trouble with wearing lipsticks since I constantly have to reapply lip balm in fear of peeling color.

I dislike how nars gives you so little product for your money since I will be wearing this one often for the summer.

9 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2013 1:03:00 AM More reviews by sarahfeeni

There is nothing else to say about this lipstick except that it is AMAZING and I love it and everyone should own it.
I am on my second tube. Its definitely a bright, shocking pink (truly the brightest and most neon hot pink out there) so it is not for the faint of heart. But worn with a nude face and just eyeliner on the top lid + mascara it looks incredible. you will get compliments and comments galore as people wonder where on earth you got such an incredible hot pink lip color.

I love to pull my hair up into a high bun and wear this with gold earrings. Its so simple yet such a fun and elegant look. I also like wearing my hair down and wavy/beachy with this and a little bronzer. This lipstick is a MUST HAVE for summer and I truly think it looks great on many different skin tones and with many different hair colors. I am medium-light blond with blue eyes and slightly tanned skin and although I am warmed toned, this cool-toned pink looks great.

My good friend is Italian and has dark brown hair and brown eyes with olive skin and she looks fabulous in it as well. She is the one who introduced me to it years ago!!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/4/2013 11:24:00 AM More reviews by PaintInkChick

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Green

I'm kinda on the fence about Schiap. I had it and swapped it away. It's such a pretty color,and although I'm not a l/s girl...luv glosses I just couldn't make this work for me. One night it did,the other it didn't. It's opaque,and kinda streaky,so you'd have to apply a couple layers to get a good look,not feeling that. Even applied a gloss over. I may try to repurchase this again,although I'm not to keen on in your face lippies,or just go with Strawberry fields.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2013 1:31:00 PM More reviews by materialface

I purchased this liptsick over a year ago, and i have 80% of the stick still. Since it is such a beautiful bright pigmented color, you don't need much every time you put it on. You can always count on NARS for good quality products, if you are willing to pay a little more.

- It is a matte finish but not drying at all, like other reviewers have said.
- The lasting power is long and stains your lips
- If you swipe it all over your lips it tends to make your lips look a bit flat, so adding a bit of shiny lip gloss in the centre of your lips is a good trick
- This is a versatile lipstick if you know how to apply. If you want a softer less intense look, rub on the lipstick with your ring finger and dab focusing in the centre of your lips.
- I recieved MAC's amplified lipstick in 'Girl About Town' as a gift, and although MAC isn't the most affordable for everyone, it is about $10 less than NARS, so this could be considered as a glossier dupe.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2013 4:51:00 PM More reviews by ainslieann

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a really bright, hot pink/fuschia lipstick. It makes your mouth pop. Since I am fair-skinned, I feel like it does wash me out slightly, but I always have that problem with very bright or dark lipsticks. I think using a lip liner before applying is a must, because the lipstick is so pigmented that any mistakes out of the "lines" will really show. It is matte, so I make sure to exfoliate my lips well beforehand, or the application is not as pretty in my opinion. Very high quality, very pigmented, very semi-matte lipstick. It is a definite "look at me" color.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2013 9:00:00 PM More reviews by Agharzeddine

Hands down my favorite lipstick..and I AM a lipstick girl! The staying power is flawless, and even though it's matte it's not drying at ALL. The color is kind of like a barbie pink and really makes your whole look pop! Must have

rated 3 of 5 on 2/16/2013 6:07:00 AM More reviews by AB188

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I wanted this for ages but when it was bought as a gift it was too neon for me. At 40 i think wearing neon pink made me look a bit silly. I do love bright colours, i have Nars Heat Wave which i feel more comfortable in. I just felt a bimbo wearing candy pink, the blue tones in it are nice however. I have Mac girl about town which i dont feel daft wearing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2013 11:38:00 PM More reviews by Parisa909

Everything about this lipstick is hot, hot, hot! If you ask me, there is no better blue-based hot pink in the world. Schiap is an extremely bright fuchsia lipstick that with bold neon undertones, that looks so gorgeously vibrant day and night. It is so unbelievably bright thanks to the semi-matte finish, that for such a pigmented shade is non-drying on my lips. It looks so good on ladies with darker hair and medium colouring. Because I have both these features, I can wear this shade anytime of day and it just brightens my complexion and makes my eyes look brighter. The best feature, obviously apart from the pigmentation is its longevity. Id say with Schiap, a good 6-8 hours of wear is totally achievable. Ive worn this throughout the whole day without any touch ups. This lipstick also has a delectable scent to it, like grapefruits and lemons? Well a definite hint of citrus nonetheless. A very similar shade is MAC 'Girl About Town' lipstick, but I prefer Schiap.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2013 7:16:00 PM More reviews by Juliebeans

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Truthfully excited about writing a review on this product. The color, texture, and smell can't get any better than this. Out of all my vibrantly colored lipsticks(all MACs), I can't help but to keep wearing this one; I'm addicted! Before I go out, I literally try on a few other colors just like trying on different outfits; however, it always comes back to this one. I feel bad for my other colors as they are being neglected. I will keep wearing Schiap until I get tired of it someday one day. It also accentuates and shapes my lips very beautifully and en pointe. I have many pics of me wearing the color; if you'd like to see, msg me! I also wanted to note I did buy a comparable color in MAC called Candy Yum Yum. A little similar to Schiap but it is more matte, a little brighter, and more Barbie-ish. Gorgeous color; however, like I said, Schiap keeps my attention. Sometimes I mix both. I have nothing negative to say. Although a bit pricey, it is well worth it. I always have fun with it and looks great on me as others say.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2013 9:39:00 PM More reviews by Maggc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

It is a bright fuschia-pink, semi-matte lipstick. I love Nars lippies for their texture and this is no exception. It can be easily glide on the lips, the color might seem garish sometimes but with some outfit coordinations, it is just the right pop of colour I need! It is quite long lasting and will leave a nice stain of pink behind after wiping/eating. A lot of other luxury brands' lippies sometimes seem too creamy and "melty" looking for my liking.