August 29, 2014 | 1733 users online

Lip Gloss - Clarins - Colour Quench Lip Balm

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2010 3:28:00 AM More reviews by themadhattress

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have this in the clear shade, which has a pinkish shine to it. It's described as a lipbalm but I'm not sure I'd say it's moisturizing. It doesn't dry out my lips at all, but they aren't any softer once it wears off. I love the way it looks, however, both on its own and on top of nudes. I would recommend it for looks but I wouldn't rely on it for moisture.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2010 9:50:00 AM More reviews by greenday

I have this in Rose Litchi and it's really good. Works good as a lip care and also as a good lip gloss. I will definetely continue to use it, but in some other shades. The price is also ok

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2010 12:14:00 PM More reviews by bubbleheart

This is really a hidden gem of a lipgloss - you never hear about it or even see them very often but they are wonderful - I wish there were more colors! These are very smooth, non sticky lip glosses that have just the right amount of pigmentation for a gloss. There are some wonderful bright and summery colors and they are so much fun to wear because you actually do get some of the color showing up as opposed to many lipglosses which do not. I love that these are not tacky or overly glossy - you dont really feel like you're wearing heavy gloss but your lips are smooth and full of moisture. They do have a fruity scent of some sort but I actually hardly notice it but its nice anyways. I have #8 and #17 so far and will definitely be rebuying both when I run out!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2010 5:37:00 PM More reviews by AokiJ

So at first i saw the shades available in the clarins department store,
i loved the color of orange so later on brought The mandarin lip balm without trying it. i dont often do that so it was a quick thinking, i was expecting some colour depth but got some to none...it is quite depressing because i like the colour, the scent smells of sweets and it is not sticky and quite moisturising, although the moisture doesn't last for long, its still a great purchase because you get a lot for your money and you do not have to be a fan of colour to wear it! so you can wear it on all occasion
the price was expensive, but you can expect that!, clarins has always been such a high quality brand of excellence, so if you wont like it im sure your friends will :-)
4/5 overall!
not overly keen on the scent it can be overpowering sometimes but very bearable normally :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2010 7:27:00 AM More reviews by hamie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have this in shade 05 and wear it all the time. It does require quite a few touch-ups during the day but it's not meant to be a lipstick. I find it gives a nice natural look on the lips and never feels sticky like some other lip glosses. It keeps my lips soft and counteracts any dryness. It might be a little bit expensive but I find a tube lasts for ages. I'm on my second tube and will continue to re-pruchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2009 3:31:00 PM More reviews by m241187n

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have a funny story about this gloss: I was at the store, picking up some Clarins products I wanted and saw that this gloss (in certain shades) was on sale. It cost 40 NIS (which is about 10+ USD), OMG right?
So, I asked for one of the shades, which was a lovely light pink with a bit of shimmer to it (No. 16 Rose Bonbon). The Clarins consultant checked twice and couldn’t find that specific shade (all others were very blah on my lips). So, noticing that the tester was completely full, I mean “just cracked it open” kind of full- I asked her to check if it was for sale (yes, the pink was that nice! And yes, I wanted it that badly!)
She asked around and told me “negative- gloss not for sale”. For a second, I felt like crying, but then- I decided to talk to the manager. She took me to his office and I asked if it was okay for me to buy this gloss (naturally, I did it with puppy dog eyes). He took one look at me and just handed the gloss over saying “Enjoy, my gift to you” and I got a full, perfect pink gloss for free!
The Clarins girl wanted to kill me (probably because she was eying the tester for herself…).
Anyway, that was the story- now the review: it has a brilliant color, a good consistency, it does act like a balm (my lips are never dry with this) and it has a great scent to it. As for staying power- it has none, but what did you expect from a lip gloss (isn’t it supposed to be liquidy and shiny?).
I will definitely get this again and can’t wait to try more shades (maybe I’ll get one for free again).

rated 2 of 5 on 6/29/2009 8:44:00 AM More reviews by monkeypowder

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I must say I was pretty disappointed with this product since I read so many good reviews on this little lip balm. I have colour 14 which was a total mistake. I must say the pigmentation is strong and good compared to most of the lip glosses, however, it is too sticky for my liking. my lips are always super dry and this lip gloss , after half an hour just left me with dry, sticky lips but with color on my lips.Yes the smell is wonderful and it taste nice but for me it is not worth it for that much money to spend on a lip gloss that doesn't do their job. The job that is to make my lip shine, plump and gorgeous.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2009 12:52:00 AM More reviews by duthelen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Hello Ladies,

This is my first review on MUA. I took it seriously and wanted to reserve this special occasion to a special product. Ha ha :D

I bought this Colour Quench Lip Balm in Myer Centre last week when Clarins had its special sale. Three tubes in a small lovely bag cost me AUD$49. I'm a tight a** when I purchase make up products and I normally go to a drug store. Even though I know Clarins is a good brand (cause I've been using some Clarins face products for a while and happy with the result in general), I still don't want to spend too much on make up stuff. AUD$49 to me is already a breakthrough, but it's for 3 tubes so I believed it's worthwhile (I did regret after I bought the pack due to my tight a** nature).

I bought this pack without trying. I was worried after I paid for it, but when I put the lip balm on I was so happy and felt so relieved that my emotional purhcase was very successful!

I have No 10, No 15 and No 17. I was nervous with No 17 cause it's bubblegum pink, a bit scary in the tube. But when I put it on, it looked so natural, not super pinky at all (of course you only need a little bit). No 15 is a rich red color that is very safe and you can't go wrong with. Oh No 10, what a nice surprise!!! When I bought it, this was the color I thought wouldn't suit me. But it turned out to be my favorite color among these three!!! It's a purple-pinky color, really light in the tube. I normally don't look good on pale colors so I thought this one was not for me. No 10 changed my view completely! I don't know how to describe it but I just look good. :))

I have serious problems with my lips: they are dry and very sensitive. It's hard for me to find a suitable lip gloss/lip stick cause my lip skin peel off so quickly. Lip balms normally can't give enough color, so I had to mix them with lip stick. But Colour Quench gives nice color as well as conditioning the lips so well. I just have to apply once and it will last a long time. No more mixing!!! Colour Quench is not as sticky as some high shine gloss. The texture is just right - lots of protection but the lips can still breathe! It lasts long enough for me, cause it's still a lip balm so I can't expect it to last more than half of a day. All these three have lovely sparkles which makes them shimmery.

I am glad that I bought this pack. It will last for a long time. I have 3 colors, enough for different occasions! Most of all, I feel so comfortable with them on!

Great lip balm, will purchase again when on sale again! Ha ha.. *_^

rated 3 of 5 on 6/13/2009 5:46:00 AM More reviews by sunnybj

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have this in #01 butterscotch which is scarily yellow in tube but appears neutrally transparent on lips. I so wanted to love this but the quality is quite disappointing---gunky after a while on your lips. I am not someone who likes to bite or lick her lips so gloss stays quite put. The difference is the good ones stay sheen and beautiful while the bad ones go gunky and disgusting. This one turns out the latter one. I had to wipe it off if reapplying. Won't repurchase.
However, I will finish this by layer my Clinique impossibly glossy (in Ripened Red which I dare not use alone way too flashy) on top. It works surprisingly pretty.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2009 8:36:00 PM More reviews by iluvvader9

This was my most favorite lip gloss i've ever owned. It smells nice and is not sticky AT ALL. It's very pigmented and has a creamy consistency. It's very shiny and shimmery. I've used it for a long time, however I recently lost mine so I'm very sad =[. For some reason, the gloss gives me a warming sensation on my lips, so it's really good for the winter season. So overall, it's great, and I'm definitely going to buy it again.