Donna Karan Cashmere Mist

3.8

Lily of the Valley, Suede Notes, Bergamot, Ylang, Jasmine Maroc, Sandalwood, Orris, Amber, Vanilla, Cedarwood, Patchouli, Musk.

on 7/30/2013 3:59:00 AM

I love this perfume, but it's difficult to find in the UK (except online). I wear it day or night and it always fits - whatever the occasion. It lasts for most of the day and smells light, flowery and feminine. It is quite a subtle fragrance & doesn't have the awful heaviness or musky notes of so many perfumes. Does that make it for old people? I think it's for people who are comfortable with themselves & don't need to prove a point - whatever their age!

on 6/3/2013 7:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i personally feel this is a very mature smelling scent and one thats not suitable for summer as it is more of a cozy scent for wintertime. its powdery and stays close to the skin but what turns me off is the jasmine-i find it to be very predominant and dont like it as i find it sharp smelling.

on 5/9/2013 2:04:00 PM

There is nothing "old lady" about this scent at all. On some women this a soft, refined, fresh powdery floral. But on me? This is straight up - freshly powdered baby girl. Definitely test before you buy.

on 3/21/2013 6:19:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

There is a reason this has been around for so many years. The scent is subtle, powdery and slightly musky.. Body chemistry will make this scent vary from person to person to a degree i have not seen with other perfumes. altho i enjoy the scent on me - clean, soft, warm and powdery, the scent was very sour and sharp on a friend of mine..
This was my everyday winter/fall perfume when it was first released back in the 90s. I have worn it on and off throughout the years. I purchased a bottle a few months ago out of nostalgia and my df made a comment that i smell like me again and he finds it comforting. Will def keep this around for the cooler months

on 3/20/2013 7:34:00 PM

This smells too much like "perfume," specifically like hair spray, and there's an unpleasant ashtray note mixed with a cheap car freshener. Maybe I need to let it develop more, but those are my early impressions.

I'm still trying to decide if I like this. I smelled it in a perfume ad a few months ago and fell in love with the scent. Finally bought it and I can't remember if it matches the ad or not but when I sprayed it, it reminded me of Oscar by Oscar de la Renta. I wore that perfume in high school and I remember my friend said I smelled like his grandma - so I can see where the grandma reviews are coming from. It does have that floral powdery smell associated with "granny scents"

However, it's not a bad smell to me and my husband liked it so that's a big plus. I'm just not sure if the perfume smells different on me than in the ad, or if I was just in a more accepting mood when I smelled the ad than I am now. I'll give it a while to grow (or grow out) on me but I see this as more of a perfume I'd wear when I'm in the mood for it, as opposed to a go-to fragrance that I can trust to smell amazing to everyone.

on 1/26/2013 8:42:00 AM

Had this perfume some 15 years ago, when it was just released (I was in the mid twenties then). I felt so sexy wearing it (donīt get the granny-comments, but some people in this fora seems to think of almost all perfumes that they are either granny-like or that they are like insect-spray, guess their nose is not as sharp as mine...;)) One problem I do remember though is, that it seemed to last only shortly. Maybe it was a edt, not a edp. But the shortlasting effect is what has kept me from repurchasing this perfume. I am wondering whether to wish for Burberry Body or for Casmere mist by DKNY (I have upcoming birthday:)) Would like some help to choose...

on 12/25/2012 11:31:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Got this for Christmas and since I have to work today I decided to test it out. I really enjoy it. It is a soft, clean and understated scent that is not overpowering. Some people associate powdery with an "old lady" smell, sucks to be them. :) I guess my grandmother never stunk it up with crappy smells. Just because something is powdery it doesn't mean it is bad, I associate it with soft.. Don't get me wrong it is powdery but it's also so much more, I find it comforting and cozy. A perfect winter scent.

I asked for a sample of this based on the name. Cashmere Mist sounded so sophisticated to me.
I was very disappointed. Cashmere mist, within about 2 minutes, dried down to a VERY powdery scent on me. It smelled like my grandmother's bathroom. She kept this scented powder in there, and Cashemere Mist (at least on me) smells identical to it.
It hurts the back of my throat to smell it.
I think maybe that when people say this smells like an old lady, maybe their grandmothers kept scented powder that smelled like this too, and that's why they think it smells old.
After about 3 hours on me, the powdery scent fades to a scent that, to my nose, seems indistinguishable from Jergan's unscented lotion. Go figure.
This may work differenty for other women, but it doens't on me.
And to top it off, my fiance told me that he hated the smell too.

on 12/4/2012 3:01:00 AM

This is the perfect winter perfume for me. It is elegant, floral scent but not too overpowering. The scent lasts a long time too. Somehow I get a lot of compliments (mostly from men) when I wear this perfume and get asked what kind is it. It's harder for me to smell perfume scent on me. I would give this a 4, but since people like the smell of this perfume, I give it a 5.

Popular Fragrances