August 31, 2014 | 1343 users online

Fragrances - Donna Karan - Cashmere Mist

rated 3 of 5 on 2/11/2013 5:34:00 PM More reviews by electricbubblewrap

I'm still trying to decide if I like this. I smelled it in a perfume ad a few months ago and fell in love with the scent. Finally bought it and I can't remember if it matches the ad or not but when I sprayed it, it reminded me of Oscar by Oscar de la Renta. I wore that perfume in high school and I remember my friend said I smelled like his grandma - so I can see where the grandma reviews are coming from. It does have that floral powdery smell associated with "granny scents"

However, it's not a bad smell to me and my husband liked it so that's a big plus. I'm just not sure if the perfume smells different on me than in the ad, or if I was just in a more accepting mood when I smelled the ad than I am now. I'll give it a while to grow (or grow out) on me but I see this as more of a perfume I'd wear when I'm in the mood for it, as opposed to a go-to fragrance that I can trust to smell amazing to everyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2013 8:42:00 AM More reviews by maleajou

Had this perfume some 15 years ago, when it was just released (I was in the mid twenties then). I felt so sexy wearing it (donīt get the granny-comments, but some people in this fora seems to think of almost all perfumes that they are either granny-like or that they are like insect-spray, guess their nose is not as sharp as mine...;)) One problem I do remember though is, that it seemed to last only shortly. Maybe it was a edt, not a edp. But the shortlasting effect is what has kept me from repurchasing this perfume. I am wondering whether to wish for Burberry Body or for Casmere mist by DKNY (I have upcoming birthday:)) Would like some help to choose...

rated 4 of 5 on 12/25/2012 11:31:00 AM More reviews by alleesha

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Got this for Christmas and since I have to work today I decided to test it out. I really enjoy it. It is a soft, clean and understated scent that is not overpowering. Some people associate powdery with an "old lady" smell, sucks to be them. :) I guess my grandmother never stunk it up with crappy smells. Just because something is powdery it doesn't mean it is bad, I associate it with soft.. Don't get me wrong it is powdery but it's also so much more, I find it comforting and cozy. A perfect winter scent.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/7/2012 12:51:00 AM More reviews by jeffthebarbarian

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I asked for a sample of this based on the name. Cashmere Mist sounded so sophisticated to me.
I was very disappointed. Cashmere mist, within about 2 minutes, dried down to a VERY powdery scent on me. It smelled like my grandmother's bathroom. She kept this scented powder in there, and Cashemere Mist (at least on me) smells identical to it.
It hurts the back of my throat to smell it.
I think maybe that when people say this smells like an old lady, maybe their grandmothers kept scented powder that smelled like this too, and that's why they think it smells old.
After about 3 hours on me, the powdery scent fades to a scent that, to my nose, seems indistinguishable from Jergan's unscented lotion. Go figure.
This may work differenty for other women, but it doens't on me.
And to top it off, my fiance told me that he hated the smell too.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2012 3:01:00 AM More reviews by nikki_nikki

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the perfect winter perfume for me. It is elegant, floral scent but not too overpowering. The scent lasts a long time too. Somehow I get a lot of compliments (mostly from men) when I wear this perfume and get asked what kind is it. It's harder for me to smell perfume scent on me. I would give this a 4, but since people like the smell of this perfume, I give it a 5.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2012 1:49:00 PM More reviews by BillyeT

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Cashmere Mist EDP has been a favorite of mine since in was first introduced. As the name implies it is an elegant, soft, clean fragrance that is unobtrusive as long as you don't bathe in it. I have received numerous compliments, the most common that it smells elegant, soft, powdery with a hint of mystery. The dry-down is beautiful and it lasts. As with all fragrances (due to skin chemistry or personal taste), not everyone is going to like it, however, it is not a "granny" fragrance as noted by other reviewers. I'm not interested in smelling like chocolate, bubblegum, fruit or a mixture of candy scents. I will leave those to the teenagers (the only ones that should be wearing those types of fragrances). I will also leave those over-powering, loud fragrances to the over-weight woman with the garish make-up and the too tight clothing that doesn't realize less is often more. Cashmere Mist gently caresses you and the people close to you. It doesn't reach out, slap you in the nose and leaves you gasping for air

10 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2012 3:13:00 PM More reviews by swtladyy

This has been my signature scent since 2002 and I always get compliments on this scent. It's a bit strong when you first put it on but dries to a nice, light scent that is not at all overpowering. It's a very lady-like scent. I actually just ran out of mine and will be buying another bottle.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2012 10:11:00 AM More reviews by WaterQueene77

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this stuff! It was a Christmas present a couple of years ago, but I tend to reach for it more in warmer weather. We are having an unseasonably warm month of March here in Boston and I have been wearing this every day.

It seems that I am in the minority here, but I love the bottle. Very elegant and sleek.

The missing lippie is because it doesn't seem to last long on me ... am I the only one? The smell seems to fade to nothing within an hour or two. Sometimes I can smell it on my clothes the next day, though, so maybe my nose is going blind a bit.

Happy spring, everyone!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2012 12:31:00 AM More reviews by scooterj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i love it - when im in the right mood for it. i have noticed it smells vastly different on people, like many perfumes do. but the "old lady" commentary makes no sense to me - it looks clear that young women love it as well as older. i do feel i like it most in cold weather, definitely, and in small amounts. anything piled on tends to stink lol

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2012 10:58:00 PM More reviews by coffeekim

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Got this one for Christmas. So nice and easy to wear. I love it!