April 24, 2014 | 1900 users online

Styling Products - Bumble & Bumble - Curl Conscious Defining Creme

rated 1 of 5 on 8/12/2011 2:11:00 PM More reviews by icit

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Made my dry hair a greasy mess. no other product has ever made it feel so disgusting.
Back to the expensive but worth it DevaCurl.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2011 9:19:00 PM More reviews by Lauren14

This product has always been sitting on my counter, but I have never gotten around to using it unitl just recently. I have to say, my hair looks AWESOME. I have blone/brown- ish, thick, somewhat wavy hair, and what I do is shampoo and condition with herbal essence hello hydration, and then i run this stuff through my hair, scrunch it a bit and let it air dry. and Voila!! CURLS!! Everyones different, so just because it works for me doesn't nessicarily mean it will work for you, but if you have thick wavy hair, then this might be the product for you!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2009 8:54:00 PM More reviews by banananutrament

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is the ONLY product that has ever worked for my hair. I've been committed to it since it first came out. Until I tried this, I layered product upon product upon product on my curly hair and still was dissatisfied. Now I just use this and am done. This makes my curls look great, it doesn't make my hair crunchy or stiff (not at all. they are super touchable), and it stands up to humidity.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2009 12:57:00 PM More reviews by somastarr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have long wavy hair with a VERY weird wave pattern. It's wavy at the roots, then it straightens out a bit, then twists into a weird bend towards the ends. I wish I could just have straight or curly hair, but I was born with this weird hair type that I hate. It looks worst when I let it go natural. I prefer either stick-straight, or waves from a curling iron.

I straighten my hair nearly every day, but sometimes in summer, I can't deal with the heat of a blowdryer for 25 minutes. That's why I bought Curl Conscious. I actually have medium-to-thin hair, but I have a LOT of it, so I was advised to purchase the medium-to-thick formula. This stuff is AMAZING. It works wonders on my hair and I literally have to put in no effort. I shower at night, work this stuff through my hair (following the directions on twisting in pieces), go to sleep, and wake up with gorgeous, flowing, frizz-free waves. I finish off the style with a few spritzes of Bumble & Bumble Surf Spray, which enhances the waves and provides hold.

It is the perfect effortless hairstyle for hot, humid summer days. I never thought I could love my wavy hair, but this product is the first I've tried that tames it.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2009 5:20:00 PM More reviews by mkmonty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my HG styling product when I want to make my wavy-curly hair even curlier. I have thick, long hair that can get weighed-down by heavy products. I have found that most "curling" products either make my hair greasy, crunchy or frizzy. Bumble and Bumble's Curl Conscious Cream gives me soft, perfectly formed curls every time. I do find that I have to use quite a bit to get the effect that I want but the extra expense is definitely worth it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2009 4:25:00 PM More reviews by Suil

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've used this for several years on my below the shoulders wavy hair. On my fine-textured, but a lot of hair, the med to thick weighs down hair a tad. The fine to med. didn't work as well, probably depends on the effect you're after. I like to keep waves wavy, and not make them curly. Perfect for the wash-&-go person (if you don't blow dry). A little goes a long way. Works well if put a tiny dab on the underside of wet or damp hair (don't coat top or looks greasy). It manages to come through top layer. Haven't tried the new formulation but was told it's the same product with a new name.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2009 5:04:00 PM More reviews by griffial

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this! I have a chin-length, layered bob and extremely thick, curly hair. (I'm a textbook 3a, according to NaturallyCurly.com.) All I do to my hair is shampoo with a 2-in-1 shampoo/conditioner, run a comb through my hair to detangle, and distribute a quarter-sized blob of this. It works in quickly and smoothly. It looks natural and feels so soft, but shapes my curls and keeps frizz at bay. I bought this because my hair stylist highly recommended it.

I've been a hard-core gel user for more than ten years. I kept my hair long and unlayered, and used gel to defrizz and define curls. It looked great, but this is better. The curls are not as tight as they were with the gel, but my haircut is designed for this, so it works out. I'm not sure how useful this would have been before I had my hair cut and layered -- it might have turned my hair into a curly cloud around my head!

As it stands, though, I love this and don't want to use anything else. However, I'll looking for a cheaper alternative, due only to the price.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/10/2008 9:25:00 PM More reviews by shelby101

I am still trying to figure out this product. I have thick wavy hair and I bought this to encourage my waves while air drying. It certainly does that task well, but it just makes my hair look dry and parched and I am not sure what I am doing wrong... I am experimenting with different amounts and trying to mix it with other products such as with BB's defrizz serum. Next time I will try mixing with leave in conditioner to see if that improves it. (in fact, if anyone reads this and has some hints for me it would be much appreciated!) I also really don't like the smell, which was surprising because I'm normally not picky about that. to me it is a rather unisex type scent which smells a little like carpet cleaner. But it is very light and seems to fade.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2008 11:49:00 PM More reviews by bludvls849

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is way too goopy for my hair - if I put this in, i can't run my fingers through my hair and it frizzes like crazy. Holds a curl, but not worth the tangles.

EDIT: I passed this off to a friend with fine, curly hair, and it works wonderfully on her.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/3/2008 6:13:00 PM More reviews by callie147

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

First of all, this creme smells amazing, but thats all the positive comments i have about this product. The creme did hold a curl but my hair was super frizzy!!! Definitely not what i expected from Bumble & Bumble. I won't be buying this product again!