July 23, 2014 | 1905 users online

Pressed Powders - Napoleon Perdis - Camera Finish

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2011 11:54:00 AM More reviews by mzchynadoll

I have never worn any types of foundations and decided that I wanted to give them a try. I went into Ulta and had the lady try me on a few different kinds and shades. The Napoleon Camera Finish Look 6 looked AMAZING on my skin! It is light and does not make me look cakey or dead :-)...........I have a carmel complexion and this powder gives it a nice tone. I have fairly good skin, so I just use this powder alone with nothing else. I am shocked though that it costs $40.00. But you get what you pay for and I must say I LOVE this product so the money is definitely not an issue when it comes to this powder. I will definitely buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2010 7:49:00 AM More reviews by lisztomania

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my HG foundation powder and I have used it for over a year. For reference, I am NC 30 and I can use Look 1.

It has several uses for me. I use it to set my foundation and I use this in summer on its own. What I love most about it and what keeps me purchasing it is the fact that it always looks natural and never cakey. It is so finely milled and goes on so smoothly. It has light coverage which is what I want in a powder - it doesn't hide your imperfections (such as acne) so you will have to wear concealer but it does even skintone nicely. I find that this lasts me about 6 months.

Overall, I would definitely recommend this product :) I can't be without it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2010 11:54:00 PM More reviews by sass86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

To get the best results from this product use it over ur foundation that way you dont have to use to much (no cake face) & it will last at least 4 mths. I use to use it over napoleon stick but found it wouldnt last all day the last 3 yrs ive been wearing it over revlon colourstay def a perfect combination i look flawless from 8am till 7pm. It is expensive but im willing to pay for this perfect product. Ive found that in U.s i can get it for $34 which is better than the $60 price tag here in Aus!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/2/2010 9:43:00 PM More reviews by maneetaum

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Its either I got a shit one but it was a really dry product. Made me look really cakey and dry. Does not last at all. It does conceal alright and I did de-pan it so I could just get rid of it but will not buy again. A big AUS$56 for a crap product. Even drug store powders are better than that.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2010 4:50:00 PM More reviews by pixill

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I was originally introduced to this product about 3 years ago when my friend finally admitted her secret to amazing looking skin. I purchased my first camera finish, but used it sparingly as it's super expensive back home, in Australia. I love its coverage, and the Look 4 matched my skin well in summer, but the price is what has held me back from it being my daily choice. If it was around the AU$40 price range, I would definitely repurchase more often, but, I decided since I'm living in Canada, I should be taking advantage of the cheap MAC, so my new powder is MAC's studio fix. Still, Napoleon is my first choice (only just though)

I do, however, find that sometimes it can look a little caked on, but if you use it sparingly, then the desired "airbrush" look can be achieved easily. Great to throw in the handbag with a brush for touchups, and this is the only powder I can honestly say gets rid of that horrible shine on the face in photographs.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2010 5:32:00 AM More reviews by citysnob

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This product is amazing. It gives me such a flawless finish, and adds a nice bronzed color to my face. It also has a green tinge to it to take out any red I have on my skin. I would not apply this with the sponge provided, but with a big double fibered brush. Love this product and will always repurchase!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/26/2010 5:31:00 AM More reviews by Tiffydoll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This use to be the best powder for me, but as i started wearing it time over time, it became the worst.
the good points - covers redness, imperfections
bad points - doesnt last long and makes your skin look cakey and dry.
I think its a matte finish assuming most pressed powders are mattified,but again makes my skin either too oily or too dry.
You need to apply heaps with this, as it is quite sheer. not a good coverage. never going to buy it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/25/2010 12:35:00 AM More reviews by redwardsen

I would buy this product if I could find the right colour! I have fair warm/yellow based skin so first off I bought it in Look 4 and for winter time it is far too dark/yellow so then I bought Look 1 and it is too pale with not enough warmth..if anyone has any suggestions, let me know....Aaaarrrrggghhh!!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2010 11:48:00 PM More reviews by ns4487

This, used in the darkest shade, is great for powder contouring. As an overall face powder in the right colour, it has a nice fine texture and is easy to apply. I always use a fan tail brush to apply face powder as I find this stops it for looking too cakey. I cant comment on whether it actually does what it promises i.e. stops the dreaded 'white face' in photos (this is caused by SPF in your foundation) but for the price, if you are looking for a good powder, opt for Revlon Photoready instead. It does just as good a job and is half the price. Overall however, this is a good product

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2010 11:38:00 PM More reviews by ilikeyellow123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

On of the best powders.
has controllable coverage without caking and is a matt finish, but not a matte powder finish, more natural. Smooths the skin out and is great for touch ups, setting and for a quick application. I use this when i cant be bothered getting ready for work in the morning but still want some cover lol.