Cacharel Amor Amor

3.8

on 11/24/2012 9:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

My favorite!!! I really love it, for me is very romantic and sweet and really last long on me, my husband really like it!!

on 8/23/2012 11:03:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Sweet and girly with a hint of adventure. Innocent yet a bit sexy. I first received a sample of this when I was 14 in a set with 4 other popular scents and this quickly became my favourite. Admittedly, I still am a teenager, albiet late teens, and my mother would never wear such a scent. Nevertheless, despite exposure to other perfumes, this is still my go to scent. I have outspoken friends and have never received a complaint about amor amor.

on 8/19/2012 4:13:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I decided to go for a bottle after using a sample, and I like it
But I find it a bit linear and actually after a bit gave it away
It is a simple sweet smell that is overall pleasant but not very exciting
It has no depth at all!

on 7/17/2012 3:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

My mum had this perfume and I used to really like it but then it ran out, it has a very nice scent to it, quite sweet, which I love in a perfume. But I wouldn't buy this again because I can NEVER stick to the same perfume, I just have to get a different one

on 5/10/2012 8:47:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

This was one of my first parfumes and I really liked it then. Now I find it a bit too sweet but I still smile when I smell it as it reminds me of my youth :)

on 4/17/2012 11:43:00 AM

I love this perfume! I started using this perfume when I first became interested in makeup, etc. It used to be much easier to find, but whenever I do see it I pick up a bottle. It is very sweet, but there is an edge to it that makes it more sophisticated. I usually go for much heavier musky perfumes, but this will always be in my collection.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Two things: I still love it . . . but I wish they hadn't reformulated it.

This has been my signature scent since it was introduced in 2003, so that's nearly ten years. I have gone through four bottles in that time. However, with the last bottle I purchased about a year and a half ago, I noticed the the scent had changed. I had some remaining in my other bottle so I compared: they did indeed smell different. Sure, you'd probably have to really know the scent like I did (wearing it every single day for nearly ten years), to notice the difference, but I am still saddened by the reformulation every time I put it on. It still smells very nice (one of the very best perfumes I have ever smells in my whole life). However, the new formula is noticeably more "perfume-y" and much more synthetic! (to my horror, believe you me) and lacks the depth and rooted warmth it used to have.
I will probably have a bottle of it for the rest of my life, since I still like it so much, but it will forever be in remembrance of it's once shining beacon of light amongst "perfumes".
I am reaching the point in my life where I understand the words of elders when they say "oh when I was a girl that smells so much sweeter" or "cocoa these days is SO much less rich that when I was young". Oh goodness. I am getting old :(

On another note: it's a fantastic youthful fragrance! Beautiful actually! And, like it's name suggests, all of my loves have told me, ad infinitum, how much they love the scent on me, how even after I am gone they can smell my sweet fragrance remaining, and oh! how they miss it/me when I am away. This fragrance always reminds them of me and whenever they smell it somewhere else it causes them to think of me. Now how's that for a fragrance legacy that speaks it's name! Amor Amor.

*crosses fingers* I will have to try to find and old bottle somewhere and store that for special occasions . . . .*plots*

4.24.2012 edit>>> I realized that the note they seem to have adjusted was the sandalwood. I think they replaced it with cedarwood. (I have a thing against cedarwood. The smell just makes me sad. Sandalwood, on the other hand, i LOVE.) The cedar becomes cool and somewhat overwhelming. I don't know if it's a particular batch, but it seems to take center stage now, rather that the sparkling iridescent fruity-floral of my youth. I think they did it to make it "edgy", but in so doing, it seems to have lost a lot of it's coziness, sensuality, and warmth. It is just my opinion, but the cedar makes it a less approachable fragrance.

on 4/8/2012 7:58:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I used to wear this perfume all the time when I was younger and it was my go-to scent, but now that I'm older I find this too sickly sweet and a bit nauseating. I agree with previous reviewers that it's very easy to spray far too much of this stuff and the bottle is badly designed as the nozzle on mine used to get stuck quite frequently so I would have to press down hard to dispense it and then spray too much. You might wonder why I've given this such a high rating given my comments, but for at least 3 years I wore this perfume a lot and repurchased it - which means I must have liked it. I wouldn't recommend it for anyone over the age of 25 but for teenagers this is a lovely scent and is pretty cheap!

on 2/19/2012 9:14:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Nice perfume but it is so easy to go overboard and spray too much. I have the eau de toilette and it is still very strong. The initial spray is very fresh and crisp, but that goes away soon into something sweeter (almost candyish, but still maintains a fruit element). I also detect a floral in the midnote. The dry down a bit musky, while still maintaining the fruity/floral element. Overall I like this fragrance, but it is not my favorite and I loathe the bottle because of the round metal wire behind the atomizer and the fact it does not have a cap. Is this little metal thing really supposed to keep it from spritzing in my purse?! Either way, I much prefer light, fruity scents and this is a little heavy for me taste. I will probably have this little 1 oz. bottle for awhile.

on 12/15/2011 8:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Omg got this product discounted at Marshall's and I simply amor amor amor haha! I first smelled it on someone and asked what they used b/c I liked it so much. Every time I put it on everyone tells me I smell really good. I have had this perfume for years and save it for special occasions. I still love it and it still is my favorite. It smells exotic and rich and rosy.

Popular Fragrances