Aveeno Clear Complexion Cleansing Bar

3.4

Active ingredient: Salicylic acid 0.5% (Acne medication) Inactive ingredients: Cetearyl alcohol, citric acid, cocamidopropyl betaine, disocium lauryl sulfosuccinate, fragrance, glycine soja (soybean) seed extract, lauryl methyl gluceth-10 hydroxypropyldimonium chloride, panthenol, paraffin, PEG-16 soy sterol, prunus amygdalus dulcis (sweet almond) oil, sodium ascorbyl phosphate, sodium coco-sulfate, titanium dioxide, tocopheryl acetate, triticum vulgare (wheat) starch, water.

on 2/24/2012 4:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This bar is amazing!!! it has just enough SA in it for cleansing acne prone skin too. I do believe this helps my complexion drastically even though it does dry me out a bit (around my nose and in between my brows). But afterwards, my face feels incredibly clean and soft. So far, this has kept my breakouts under control (and it's almost that time of the month too). I also like how affordable this product is. Overall, great quality and great for my skin. I've definitely become dependent on this and recommend to everyone.

on 2/14/2012 5:01:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Best soap ever for acne prone skin ever. Its pretty cheap, it cleans really well and doesnt dry me out.

on 2/13/2012 3:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I tried this product just because of the great price. Before this, I have been using Clean and Clear Morning Burst in the morning and Dove soap at night. That routine worked pretty well for me, but before and during my monthly cycle, I would still get at least two huge pimples. I tried this Aveen bar for the first 2 days just on my forehead because I wanted to test out if I would have a bad reaction or not. No reaction, so then I started using on the rest of my face. I have beem using it now everyday for the past 2 weeks or so, and started and ending my monthly cycle, and only got one small pimple that was easy enough to cover, not like the usual big pimples I get that hurt. I do think this bar is what helped me not break out horribly during my cycle. I am really oily in my t-zone area, so this product didn't dry me out there...but it did dry me out just a little bit on my jawline area, but nothing serious. Just use a small amount of good moisturizer and you will be fine. I will continue to use this, and hoping that it continues to work for me. I will write another review on it later on to see if it kept the same results.

on 2/5/2012 5:33:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

After only a few days of using, I got horrible rashes that was so sensitive it hurt when I washed with water.

My pimples/acne got worse, too. I got a huge bump near the middle of my foreheads, and it didn't clear and of the little bumps on my nose.

Too bad... And I thought it was for sensitive skin.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

This is a miracle! It is excellent on my skin type and I love it!

on 12/5/2011 12:10:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I've been using this soap for a month now. I have to say that I was not expecting great results. It was cheap and I felt like I wanted something with a little acne treatment in it to clean my face. The Oil free acne wash dried my skin too much and made it turn red. I figured I'd go with a lesser percentage of salicylic acid (0.5%). I tell you, this has calmed my skin down. My skin tone is more even and the redness that was there is no longer. It feels smooth, clean, and definitely less breakouts. I want to try the foaming cleanser like this. The bar is kind of messy. If you used Dove soap, then you'll know that it has that melting effect. However, this bar has lasted me a month, so I don't think that's too bad, especially considering that it was only 2.97. I would tell someone to try it because Aveeno is a good brand and has good products for the skin. I trust this brand. it makes me want to try more of their products.

on 11/26/2011 12:44:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was hoping this would have worked for me as I had read some good reviews, but unfortunately I had a bad experience. After only using it three times, each and every time my face started to itch afterwards and I got this red rash on my face and broke out in little bumps. I won't be purchasing ever again.

on 11/26/2011 2:11:00 AM

I'm glad I didn't try this on my face, I bought it for my back and chest which sometimes break out a little. When I got this I had been using Neutrogena body clear washes which were very drying and ineffective and I was hoping this would be more gentle. Unfortunately, I found this very harsh, drying and irritating and I had to stop using it after only a couple of days. It did not help breakouts at all. I would not repurchase or recommend this, there are much better products out there for acne prone skin.

on 11/13/2011 11:09:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Seemed to dry my skin out & cause break outs....

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I had good results with the cream cleanser from this line years ago, and I'd always heard great things about Aveeno, so I decided to try this to clear up a recent breakout. This caused me more damage than it was worth. Instead of helping with the 2 blemishes on my forehead that were healing, this created more! I woke up with a forehead full of small itchy under the skin whitehead like bumps. The itch was incredible, and these were impossible to cover. I immediately switched back to the Purpose cleanser that I'd been using and it's been calming my skin down. I'm still trying to clear this mess up. I"m never touching this again. My skin is sensitive and I'm allergy prone. Something in this product didn't agree with my skin.