September 1, 2014 | 1163 users online

Cleansers - Noxzema - Original Skin Cream

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2014 11:50:00 AM More reviews by gill2292

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

MIRACLE JAR! For a good 10 years, I've been searching for a cure for the persistent blackheads that had become a permanent part of my nose, cheeks, and increasingly chin and forehead. This is that cure! Whatever kind of futuristic 50's chemical blend they put in this stuff, it works like magic! Given that it is a mid-century mystery chemical cream, I had very low expectations, especially as I'm usually more of a natural beauty care kind of girl. But this stuff is IT! Can't believe I didn't try it sooner. It just pulls the crud right out of your pores.
I have sensitive combination skin with a very oily t-zone and dry cheeks that get flaky in the cold months. I started using this in November and was expecting the usual flake city winter, but with using this stuff regularly (not even every wash), it never came. My skin is very fair so I've got three little wrinkles on my forehead even though I'm too young for wrinkles and using this cream sort of puffs them up so only one is visible and barely at that. Though it is pretty moisturizing, it doesn't leave my skin greasy at all. Just feeling super clean. Only downside is that water gets into the jar easily.
BLACKHEAD BANISHING TECHNIQUE: I don't use it "as directed." Wet face thoroughly with warm water, apply in moderate layer (so it's white, but not as thick as you would with a mask), and then I leave it on for 15 minutes or so while I brush my teeth and pick out my clothes and whatnot. Once it's dry/has disappeared (into your skin?) rinse. For best results, apply after a hot shower when all the gunk in your pores is drawn to the top and ready to be pulled out.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/5/2014 4:11:00 AM More reviews by Crimsonjewel

Horrible...gave me dry itchy skin like I've never had in my life. I could not stop itching the sides of my nose and my forehead all day. Even after I moisturized I still itched and my nose was still flaky. On top of that it smells horrible..even when I returned it, the lady at the cash register said it smelled like old lady..

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2014 10:37:00 AM More reviews by Smilehappypug1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this prouduct it really cleans my face. I only got it for $5.00 and it cleared up my skin. Overall I think this prouduct is pretty good for such a low price.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2014 4:09:00 PM More reviews by BeautyBrunette16

This is definitely and under the radar product! Wow! For $4 this is probably the same as the Clinique take the day off. Apply to dry face full of makeup, rub in with fingers and take it all off with a wet washcloth. It's brilliant!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2014 3:23:00 PM More reviews by tori497

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is yet another old school classic I have recently rediscovered and fell in love with all over again!

Having combination skin, I need something that will cleanse the oily bits well without stripping out the dry parts. I decided to try this out again because of all the talk lately about cleansing oils and how you need to use oil to break up oil on your skin. Once I got used to the idea, I decided this was an affordable and familiar option to ease into. Now having used it for the past few months, I am pleased to say my skin seems to be evening out! Thank goodness!!

I use this in the morning on dry skin. I massage in gently, paying the most attention to my oily parts (chin, nose and sides of nose and forehead). I will leave on for a minute or so and then rinse off. My skin is clean but not stripped and pleasantly cooled from the camphor and menthol. I don't have to use nearly as much moisturizer after and my skin feels and looks more balanced.

This is also a great for sunburns, regular burns and minor skin irritations. I will put on a fairly thick layer, let it hang out for awhile and then gently wipe away.

The price is great and a big tub will last me quite a while. My only complaint would be the packaging. The tub is nice, until you get past the top three quarters. Towards the bottom, things get a little dicier. And the stuff that comes in a pump is not the same formula as what's in the tub. I suppose because to come out of a pump, it can't be too thick. Packaging annoyance aside, I will definitely continue to use this tried and true formula!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2014 1:39:00 PM More reviews by icarle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I just love it....The smell is kind of overwhelming but you get use to it. I use it on dry skin before getting into the shower, and i leave it on until the end of my shower. I love how my skin looks and feels afterwards. It feels clean yet moisturized! I don't have acne per say but my skin is oily and sensitive. It doesn't break me out and doesn't dry me out. It's my favorite cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2014 1:41:00 PM More reviews by MissOrthodox

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used this years ago, but that first time it was strong for my skin because it broke me out. But I've come to learn that it was probably purging my skin. I guess I gave up to easily and too soon to see any results at that time.

Today however, it worked wonderfully. I let it sit on my face like a mask for about 10 minutes before wiping it off with warm water. It left my skin really visibly clean and bright.

I'm hoping this will help with my old hyperpigmentation spots.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2014 3:19:00 AM More reviews by wolfsouls1

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Noxzema works great on my skin, the first time i used it i got a few out breaks here and there so it was really cleaning my skin. I dont use it for makeup only to get rid of my acne and so far it has improved my skin slowly but surely.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/2/2014 5:18:00 PM More reviews by VIPnolza

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Well, i am still in the process of testing this out but so far I'm not liking this. It does a HORRIBLE job at removing makeup. The first time i used this, i felt a tingling sensation and it smelled really strong. I assumed that this would go deep into my skin and remove impurities because of the smell and sensation but NOPE! I barely faded my makeup even after rubbing it in! My old basic Neutrogena cleaner gets rid of makeup better than this. So I have been trying to use this after i remove my makeup with a wipe but i still don't feel like it goes deep into my skin and i still have makeup left over. I have to cleanse my skin over and over and over and over and over again to get it all off! I find that this works better if you let it sit on your skin for a moment or two. But its such a pain in the butt. I was on a budget and looking for a good cleaner but this doesn't seem to be it. I am sticking with my Ponds Luminous cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2014 9:08:00 PM More reviews by Shopah0lic21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

Always come back to this tee hee. Holy grail status