MAC Blot Powder - Dark

4.5

Mica, Dimethicone, Silica, Kaolin, Water, Sodium Cocoyl Hydrolyzed Collagen, Methicone, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Iron Oxides, Ultramarines

on 3/23/2011 1:35:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

at first everything was good using the powder, but recently i have noticed that it became way too orange for my skin tone, and the medium is too bright. it didnt blot my oil as i would like it....infact i saw excess powder coming on my blotting sheets!!!...i really loved this product at first. I think am just gonna stick to transculent setting powders

on 3/16/2011 4:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

I've tried blot powders before most recently Clinque Stay Matte but it just didn't work with my NW45 complexion. I hate the feeling of foundation and/or heavy powder on my face but I still want to control my oil output and leave a smooth surface behind. Enter MAC Blot Powder. This is my HG. Using the sponge makes the powder go on a bit to heavy for my tastes but it's good for a quick touch-up. I use my powder brush for an all over application. I don't have to re-apply again until hours later. Great staying power.

on 3/1/2011 8:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Other

This product has been sitting in my makeup bag for over a year. I used it once or twice. I don't like to wear makeup and/or foundation. I have tried several brands and they all make me look like I am wearing makeup. Recently, I decided to revisit the makeup thing and again the foundations don't work for me. I changed up my skincare routine and put his powder on in the morning with a brush. It has a little color to it and it gives a matte finish. Just enough but not too much..hope it works in the upcoming summer months.

on 2/11/2011 7:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I'm on my 5th compact! I keep purchasing because this product is great. I use this on top of my foundation every day. It doesn't look like I'm layering a makeup on my face. It is colorless. I am a NW35, and I've tried Medium/Dark and Dark. I didn't really see a difference, so I just kept buying Dark. My skin gets very oily as the day goes on. The oil stays away for most of the day, then I just use blotter paper. I don't mind though, this is the best powder!

on 9/1/2010 5:34:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Mac blot powder is a colorless powder that is for the use of blotting oil away from the skin which it does. The only thing about this product for me, is that once I have to blot I will continue to have to blot it seems like a lot once I get started. It does not move your makeup around it keeps it in it's place. I do recommend taking a tissue or blotting film blotting first with those and then blotting with the blotting powder. Eventually after I have blotted so much, my skin starts to feel heavy almost like I am apply more foundation on top over and over again. So even though I can not see the product on my face I can feel the product on my face.I have used this product with a brush as well as with the sponge.

on 8/20/2010 4:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other

I've been using this for bout 4 yrs. But I haven't written a review on it though. I love this blot powder. It gives you a nice matte finish after you use. I get shiney often, especially the blazing hot summers in San Antonio. I keep it in my purse and at work in my pocket. Quick pat on the face and I'm shine-free. This is one item I can not live without.

on 5/15/2010 2:37:00 PM

very good at keeping the oil away.. gives me a matte finish to my face which i love... im medium skin around NC-30 but the dark blot powder looks good as well.. the only thing is that this is a little pricey...

on 4/28/2010 11:30:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Great stuff...i have oily skin. This is product is takes care of shine and isn't heavy, cakey, nor does it change color. I'm never without it.

on 4/20/2010 12:07:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I have oily acne prone skin and use MAC blot powder on a daily basis to set my make up. I use it on top of either the liquid foundation I decide to wear or on top of my mineral make up and it definitely helps for a flawless matte application. I tend not to reapply throughout out the day (out of sheer lazyness) but when I actually do it does not build up at all. Very light weight and does not crease into my skin. I highly suggest using a blush when applying this at opposed to sponge it comes with as applying it with the brush keeps it nice and light.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I switch between mac studio tech foundation and the mac mineralize satinfinish foundation, both in NC35. I have dry skin, but both foundations tend to make me slightly oily in the T zone. I asked the MUA and she recommended this product in the dark shade. At first, i didn't think she color matched me right, but it works really well and it doesnt change the color of my foundation at all. great product.