Wet 'n' Wild Megaslicks in Strawberry Ice

3.3

Price: $

Price: $

on 2/2/2010 5:07:00 PM

I just tried this on and I don't get all the bad reviews. I have yellow toned lightish skin so maybe it just looks better on my skin tone.... It will work now and when I'm tan. I'm not in love with the smell/ packaging, but I'll deal.

on 4/8/2009 10:08:00 PM

Color: Medium-toned pink with shimmer, not extremely pigmented but not sheer - almost kind of frosty with the shimmer
Texture: Thick and heavy but not sticky
Scent: Very plasticky; goes away after a while
Price: $1.99
Packaging: Nothing special just doe-foot
Verdict: This lip gloss isn't anything special, but for $2 I don't have much to complain about; the color is the same in the tube and on my lips, but I'm not sure I really like the color.

on 11/26/2008 9:29:00 AM

OK, I used to LOVE this color before they reformulated it about 1-2 years ago, and I would have given the older version a 5 for sure. The color since theyve redone it isn't the same at all. It's a lot warmer rather than the cool/neutral it used to be.

this color looked really fake and went on this and cakey...and just did not blend to look good. it was moisturizing but looked like crap in my opinion. boooo lol.

on 3/26/2008 9:02:00 PM

I just got this lip gloss at Target. I really like the color. I put it on right when I get on my car. It's not sticky at all, which I like. At first I wasn't impressed by the look, so i thought to myself, hey at least it was cheap. But when the sun hits it, WOW! It really brought out the shine and the glossy look. I'm satisfied, especially with the price. One thing I have to agree with other people is that the packaging is awful, the sticky stuff from the sticker takes FOREVER to take off! Overall, it's a good lip gloss.

This is a much warmer, rosier pink than the other WnW lipgloss I tried, Cherish, and for my medium golden olive tone, I prefer it a lot more. It can get rather frosty looking on me which kind of makes me laugh since it's been years--since Jr. High, that I wore frosty pink lipstick, but it is toned down a bit if I wear a darker lipliner, like the WnW #666 or a brown/brick shade of lipstick. I think this will also look better on me in the summmertime and when worn with a more neutral eye--with all the sparkle, it just competes anytime I wear shimmery eyeshadows and blushes. As I've said in my previous WnW Megaslicks reviews for Bronze Berry & Cherish, the staying power is decent & good texture--just a "melon-y" taste that has started to grow on me after wearing them for a while.

on 1/12/2007 10:59:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this shade! I am so impressed with the quality and staying power of this product.
It cost a mere 1.99 @ CVS and I got it 50% off!
It is NOT sticky at all, and works well to lighten up a complimentary lipstick.
I don't like the watermelon scent,. (I am vehimently anti scent/flavor in my lip products)

on 4/4/2006 3:07:00 AM

I bought this to use as a funky lip color for an icy-themed photo shoot since it had such a mod, pale, frosty quality to it. I never thought I'd use it again, it seemed to much of a novelty color. However, a few weeks ago I decided to give it a try for the heck of it. If layered on too thick, it's much too pale on my southeast asian skin. However, I noticed that if I lined and filled in my lips with a Jordana brand lip pencil in "Natural" and applied a thinner layer of Strawberry Ice with a lip brush, I get a very complimentary understated pink shade with a slight shimmer. It could also be used subtly as a finishing gloss over lipstick, strategically applied to the center of the bottom lip. I found its uses to be fairly versatile. The texture is nice, my lips stay moisturized, it's not sticky, doesn't bleed, and has decent staying power. It has an artificial watermelon scent that's not unpleasant. I'll probably keep it as a staple cosmetic item.

on 3/16/2006 3:10:00 PM

I purchased this gloss looking for a pink gloss in a warmer shade than I usually wear. The color looks pretty in the tube, but I was unimpressed overall. The product is thick and doesn't apply evenly. There is a nice strawberry scent when you first open the tube, but the smell after I applied reminded me of halloween face paint. This wasnt really what I was looking for, but that aside, the quality of the product wasn't very good. I might wear it sometime, combined with a clear gloss, but I definately wont be repurchasing.

on 9/29/2005 8:58:00 AM

This is a fun color that would work well in the summer months for blonde/blue types...it's a frosty, metallic barbie pink. Too frosty for me, but maybe I can pull it off over lipsticks for an added shimmer. My favorite WNW lipgloss remains Bronzeberry and I probably wouldn't repurchase this again.

Recommended for Medium Skin