September 1, 2014 | 1854 users online

Treatments (Eye) - BeneFit Cosmetics - Ooh la lift!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/26/2013 4:19:00 AM More reviews by hellodionne

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I gotta hand it to benefit. They really know how to market their products well. This did absolutely nothing for my undereyes. No brightening whatsoever. That other reviewer said that it was comparable to the Touche Eclat? NOT AT ALL. Save your money. Please.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2013 1:31:00 PM More reviews by lindsayalexander

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

For me, this is a great product. It is the first thing I put on before any under eye concealer. It moisturizes and brightens and helps the concealer to go on more smoothly. It has also lasted me an incredibly long time. I don't think of this as a stand alone product - I always use it with concealer. It just preps the area so perfectly before I put anything else on. It works much better for me than putting on a moisturizer in my eye area - moisturizers tend to be too greasy under my eye and make my makeup melt. This stuff is just right.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2013 11:22:00 AM More reviews by gmd854

This is a great product! It totally brightens your eyes and it is awesome!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2013 9:30:00 PM More reviews by Rayjay5

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great pick me up

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2013 8:30:00 PM More reviews by Abrial

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product really doesn't do anything. It blends to the point that it is nonexistent but maybe that is because of my extremely pale skin.

As much as I would like to use this to correct it just isn't pigmented enough compared to my beloved Bobbi Brown corrector. It is moisturizing, but even when I work for Benefit freelance I still cannot manage to explain what it is exactly useful forever...and neither can the managers. Go figure.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/9/2013 7:28:00 PM More reviews by 90sprincess

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I don't feel like this does a whole lot. It's a light pink liquid/cream. It blends right in, moisturizes and brightens. But with that price tag I expected a lot more. It doesn't brighten to where you would need less/no concealer. It looks nice on top of a liquid foundation, and if it was cheaper I'd probably re-purchase. It also makes a nice face highlighter because it brightens without shimmer. But to me it's just not worth the price.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/27/2013 11:19:00 PM More reviews by Mookier

I bought a full size tube on a whim during a visit to Ulta. The girl at the Benefit counter put some on me and it looked really good in the store. I still use it everyday under my concealer but I doubt it does anything. It is definitely not a replacement for a full on concealer. I have charted this out to be more of a "primer" for concealer. Even though I am a Benefit fan, I will not be purchasing this again

rated 3 of 5 on 1/5/2013 2:19:00 PM More reviews by utopiachild71

I am not surprised by the mixed reviews. This is one of those products that is not as obvious to consumers for it's purpose. It isn't a concealor, it's not a corrector, so what is it? At first I didn't like this product because I just wasn't sure what it was supposed to do. If you are one of those fair skinned girls with dark circles who still hasn't found the right under eye concealer, this might be your secret weapon to giving your concealer a little boost. I have found that using certain concealers, specifically yellow based ones, turned my under eyes ashy colored. This helps to get rid of that grey color with it's pinkish undertone. It really does a good job reflecting light and brightening the under eye but if dark circles are your curse than you certainly still need a concealer to really see results. I think this is a great product however I wish Benefit would look into improving the packaging. It is impossible to get all of the product out with the small doe foot wand. I think if it had the new squeeze tube like urban decay primer potion then it would be more user friendly. That being said I don't think I will repurchase because for the price you aren't getting your moneys worth.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2012 7:20:00 PM More reviews by Gingerbelle8

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Aww I feel so jipped!! I tested this out on my hand and really liked the effect so I bought it. I tried it under my eyes and I can't see a difference or anything at all!! It is way too translucent!! It may work better if you don't wear concealer under the eyes...I dunno. But it sucks...maybe I'll try it as an under brow highlighter and see if it works any better. But as an under eye brightener, nope!!!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2012 7:31:00 PM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Benefit's Oh La Lift is a "legendary under eye brightening boost that looks like an instant eye lift." This product contains "raspberry extract and light reflecting pigment to instantly perk up tired eyes. This delicate pink balm can be applied on bare skin or over makeup." I got an itty bitty sample of Oh La Lift in Benefit's Sexy Little Stowaways value kit. My little sample contains 2.5ml (.08fl oz), the full size, which sells for $22, contains 7g (.25fl oz). Benefit does not test on animals. Oh La Lift is made in America. I have to admit, Oh La Lift seems like one of Benefit's more gimmicky products. I don't even know if I should review it as makeup or skincare, since it's kinda both. Benefit products can be bought from the brand's website, Benefit counters and boutiques, Ulta, Sephora, and their respective websites.
Packaging for my mini tube of Oh La Lift is just about the same as the full size. This product comes in a clear, round, recyclable tube with a black cap. The name of the product and Benefit logo are written on the front of the tube in cute, black cursive letters. A small amount of product and company info can be found on the back of the tube. Twisting off the black cap reveals a little doe foot applicator perfect for dotting the product on as suggested.
Benefit suggests applying three dots of Oh La Lift under each eye. I've tried it both ways and definitely prefer using this product over my makeup. I am not a fan of Oh La Lift. I actually feel like it makes my under eye area look worse! This light, thin, lilac tinted eye brightener gives me the appearance of under ye bags, which I don't typically have. I also find that Oh La Lift settles into my fine lines and exacerabates them. This is the opposite of what should happen! This doesn't just happen to me either! I tried this product on both my mum and boyfriend, out of curiosity, and it made their eye areas look worse too! I will say that this product makes my under eye area a smidgen brighter, but the positive effects are definitely canceled out by the baggage it appears to give me.
Benefit's Oh La Lift is definitely a fail for me. This is the first miss for me from Benefit. Oh La Lift gives me the opposite of the effect that it promises, and it seems like it's not just me that experiences this issue. The packaging and name is cute, but that doesn't make it worth $22. I don't recommend Benefit's Oh La Lift and definitely won't recommend it. Who wants more bags and fine lines? No one. I doubt I'll finish off my little sample tube, I'll either toss it or pass it on.