December 22, 2014 | 1702 users online

Conditioner - Pureology - Hydrate Conditioner

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2014 12:01:00 PM More reviews by louisepage192

I used this conditioner for the first time last night along with Kerastase Chroma Riche Shampoo and Redken anti snap. I don't know if it was the combination of these three products but my recently bleached hair (from brown to blonde) has felt and looked amazing. I have been complimented already at the state of my hair that it looks brighter, healthier and more bouncy strangely enough - less drab. The conditioner has a slight mint smell which i really liked - wasn't a chemical smell either! It made my hair feel strong and healthy after the first wash and very manageable. Made my dry ends seem less unmanagable!! I thought overall my hair feels brilliant and i would definitely recommend this product for bleached blonde hair!! :) xx

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2014 6:41:00 PM More reviews by bamaRN37

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Just used this for the first time. I paired it with the Pureology Volume shampoo. The menthol scent is very strong and your scalp will definitely be feeling it. It gives a decent amount of slip to my hair, but not as good as my Joico KPak reconstructor. I don't have damaged hair, in fact mine is virgin and naturally wavy. This conditioner is just okay in my opinion.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2014 4:21:00 PM More reviews by pickmepinup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My hair savior and the knight in shining armor for the matching shampoo! I love how Pureology's products make my hair feel, just not so much my guilt-level on terms of money.

Using the Pureology Hydrate shampoo strips your hair of just about everything that isn't supposed to be in there, making it feel squeaky and hungry for some sort of silky relief. Pureology's Hydrate conditioner is like food for your hair after that nice shampoo, giving you that lustrous feeling of running your fingers through freshly conditioned, great smelling hair. Its peppermint/menthol odor is enough to open up your sinuses for sure.

Unlike the shampoo's earthy, herb-y odor, I do like the strong smell of peppermint. Heavy duty stuff, though, so this is not your mother's shampoo. I used to be able to feel a gradual tingle/sting(not unpleasant,) though after a while of using it, that's gone away completely and it feels much easier on my scalp and hair.

I'm not in love with the packaging, too easy for an air bubble to squeeze in there and give you a mess of conditioner in your palm. Not good with a product this expensive. I suggest putting a bit in a smaller, more trustworthy bottle for the shower and leaving your prized full-sized bottle safely tucked into your cabinet.

If I had any tangles in my hair after a shampoo, I can be sure that this is going to take care of that for me(much better than impatiently ripping them out with a brush.) Like I said on my review for the shampoo, if you can afford to splurge, don't cheat yourself with something lackluster. Good for your money since you only need a dab.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2014 10:35:00 AM More reviews by bbarfield12

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this conditioner! It has fresh mint smell and feels cooling on the scalp, which I love. It instantly softens my hair! As soon as I put this on in the shower I comb through it with a wide tooth comb, it allows me to do that with ease! I have long, thin and easily tangled hair. Definitely will continue to use this product!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2014 1:15:00 PM More reviews by Viesha

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I purchase this regularly. It keeps the frizz under control, and helps my hair to remain soft and shiny. I can feel the moisture returning to my hair while in the shower, and it helps the blow dry session go quicker. Its peppermint scent in the early morning is like an aromatherapy session, which is great. I highly recommend.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2014 9:20:00 PM More reviews by bellabellabella

I use this in conjunction with the shampoo. The smell of the conditioner is better than the shampoo but I still do not care for it. Doesn't weigh down my fine hair and leaves it soft. Not holy grail for me, I have used better. I buy this for my 4 year old daughter, it does a great job of keeping her hair tangle free. I will continue to purchase for her, just wish it was cheaper!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2014 1:25:00 PM More reviews by cathykl

LOVE, I have been using this conditioner for years now. I have long, stick straight hair that is both colour-treated and highlighted - plus I heat style sometimes. It is about medium thickness but very, very flat and just hangs there.

While I'm not a huge fan of this particular scent, the product itself is great - it somehow leaves my hair bouncy, soft and never weighed down - and most "hydrating" conditioners usually leave my hair flat and too slippery so it's impossible to style. I only need to use about a quarter-size amount for the length of my hair (I only ever use conditioner from the ears/neck down) and my hair is past bra-strap length, so a little bit definitely goes a long way. I usually don't even need to use a detangler or leave-in conditioner after this unless I'm going to blow-dry. My mother (with fine, straight colour-treated hair) and sister (fine hair, extremely curly/frizzy and colour-treated) started using it after I recommended it and now love it too, and have been using it exclusively for close to a year.

So far the Pureology line has worked out amazing for my hair - the styling products are phenomenal and give my hair the most volume and softness. Definitely recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2013 11:43:00 AM More reviews by jvan219

I have super long, super thick hair. It can turn into a rats nest pretty quickly. A good conditioner makes all the difference, and this is a great conditioner! It detangles the beast, hydrates so well, and makes my hair so healthy feeling, shiny, and eBay to comb out. I used this, switched to something else, and in back to this. Totally worth the price. The peppermint smell is refreshing to me, and it doesn't make my hair greasy at all. Love this. Noticed a huge difference in my hair. Strongly recommend! :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2013 8:27:00 AM More reviews by fustyluggz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

This is, by far, the best conditioner that I've ever used. I was skeptical but kept seeing good reviews on YouTube so I picked up a few sample packets to try out before investing in a larger size bottle since this stuff is so expensive. After using the first sample packet, I was hooked. You need very little of this, which helps the sting of the cost a bit. This leaves my hair feeling very soft and hydrated, as the name implies. It leaves my hair so shiny and very manageable. I don't use anything else with this, just the shampoo and conditioner. A lot of conditioners that I've tried leave my hair feeling heavy and the slip from them comes from heavy waxes but this one does not. The smell is minty, I'm certain there's some tea tree in there, which I quite like. I suffer from dry scalp and I've noticed that I've had less irritation and less flaking since using these products. I always wear my hair pulled back but after using this, I've been wearing my hair down all the time because it just looks so good. Smooth, shiny, frizz free, soft and light. Very lovely product and I will absolutely repurchase (if I ever run out of the industrial sized bottles I purchased)!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2013 2:08:00 PM More reviews by jkpesaturo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This review is for the "Hydrate Light Conditioner". I really do not write many product reviews, however I felt that this product warranted a glowing review. I have had a difficult time finding a good light hydrating conditioner as my hair is very fine. This is the one!!!! simply fantastic!!!! It provides just the optimal amount of weight combined with great hydrating properties. I could care less about the price because it works.