October 25, 2014 | 1652 users online

Conditioner - Pureology - Hydrate Conditioner

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2014 10:35:00 AM More reviews by bbarfield12

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this conditioner! It has fresh mint smell and feels cooling on the scalp, which I love. It instantly softens my hair! As soon as I put this on in the shower I comb through it with a wide tooth comb, it allows me to do that with ease! I have long, thin and easily tangled hair. Definitely will continue to use this product!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2014 1:15:00 PM More reviews by Viesha

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I purchase this regularly. It keeps the frizz under control, and helps my hair to remain soft and shiny. I can feel the moisture returning to my hair while in the shower, and it helps the blow dry session go quicker. Its peppermint scent in the early morning is like an aromatherapy session, which is great. I highly recommend.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2014 9:20:00 PM More reviews by bellabellabella

I use this in conjunction with the shampoo. The smell of the conditioner is better than the shampoo but I still do not care for it. Doesn't weigh down my fine hair and leaves it soft. Not holy grail for me, I have used better. I buy this for my 4 year old daughter, it does a great job of keeping her hair tangle free. I will continue to purchase for her, just wish it was cheaper!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2014 1:25:00 PM More reviews by cathykl

LOVE, I have been using this conditioner for years now. I have long, stick straight hair that is both colour-treated and highlighted - plus I heat style sometimes. It is about medium thickness but very, very flat and just hangs there.

While I'm not a huge fan of this particular scent, the product itself is great - it somehow leaves my hair bouncy, soft and never weighed down - and most "hydrating" conditioners usually leave my hair flat and too slippery so it's impossible to style. I only need to use about a quarter-size amount for the length of my hair (I only ever use conditioner from the ears/neck down) and my hair is past bra-strap length, so a little bit definitely goes a long way. I usually don't even need to use a detangler or leave-in conditioner after this unless I'm going to blow-dry. My mother (with fine, straight colour-treated hair) and sister (fine hair, extremely curly/frizzy and colour-treated) started using it after I recommended it and now love it too, and have been using it exclusively for close to a year.

So far the Pureology line has worked out amazing for my hair - the styling products are phenomenal and give my hair the most volume and softness. Definitely recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2013 11:43:00 AM More reviews by jvan219

I have super long, super thick hair. It can turn into a rats nest pretty quickly. A good conditioner makes all the difference, and this is a great conditioner! It detangles the beast, hydrates so well, and makes my hair so healthy feeling, shiny, and eBay to comb out. I used this, switched to something else, and in back to this. Totally worth the price. The peppermint smell is refreshing to me, and it doesn't make my hair greasy at all. Love this. Noticed a huge difference in my hair. Strongly recommend! :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2013 8:27:00 AM More reviews by fustyluggz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

This is, by far, the best conditioner that I've ever used. I was skeptical but kept seeing good reviews on YouTube so I picked up a few sample packets to try out before investing in a larger size bottle since this stuff is so expensive. After using the first sample packet, I was hooked. You need very little of this, which helps the sting of the cost a bit. This leaves my hair feeling very soft and hydrated, as the name implies. It leaves my hair so shiny and very manageable. I don't use anything else with this, just the shampoo and conditioner. A lot of conditioners that I've tried leave my hair feeling heavy and the slip from them comes from heavy waxes but this one does not. The smell is minty, I'm certain there's some tea tree in there, which I quite like. I suffer from dry scalp and I've noticed that I've had less irritation and less flaking since using these products. I always wear my hair pulled back but after using this, I've been wearing my hair down all the time because it just looks so good. Smooth, shiny, frizz free, soft and light. Very lovely product and I will absolutely repurchase (if I ever run out of the industrial sized bottles I purchased)!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2013 2:08:00 PM More reviews by jkpesaturo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This review is for the "Hydrate Light Conditioner". I really do not write many product reviews, however I felt that this product warranted a glowing review. I have had a difficult time finding a good light hydrating conditioner as my hair is very fine. This is the one!!!! simply fantastic!!!! It provides just the optimal amount of weight combined with great hydrating properties. I could care less about the price because it works.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2013 3:39:00 PM More reviews by jendreamy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

oh gosh, i love this conditioner.
like, i actually love it. everything about it.
for reference, i have slightly wavy, slightly coarse, medium-thick asian hair, and i use about a quarter sized dollop per washing through my entire head: roots, shafts and ends.

this conditioner makes my hair ridiculously soft from my roots to my ends, and it conditions it so, so well. most conditioners don't make much difference on my hair, but this one is a stand-out, knock-out conditioner.
i can tell because i will wash my hair one day, and the next day when i wake up, unlike when i use other conditioners, my hair will still be silky soft at the ends and my roots will be minimally oily to not oily at all. usually, my hair gets oily towards the end of a day, and i could never ever stretch my hair for two days without washing like i can with this.

i also love the mint in it because it makes my hair and scalp feel really clean and fresh and cold and it's like i get to feel the 'just came out of the shower' feeling for a long time after i get out of the shower. the conditioner also doesn't weigh my hair down at all, despite being incredibly moisturizing.

the only bad part about this conditioner is that it's really hard for me to justify the price on the bottle. one of the normal 8.5 ounce bottles barely lasts me a full month, and i always have to weigh whether or not it's really worth the $25 dollar price.

this conditioner is definitely HG worthy for me, and i will definitely repurchase when i can, because it's a miracle worker for my hair!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/28/2013 8:16:00 AM More reviews by BuryMeAtTheNarsCounter

I had great expectations after reading all the good reviews, but unfortunately this conditioner does not hydrate my hair very well. It's not bad, but I get much better results with the Essential Repair Conditioner. And I hate the strong minty smell.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2013 10:37:00 PM More reviews by slidingdoors

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am trying to find a replacement for the old formulation of Redken All Soft shampoo and conditioner, which Redken changed last year (the new formula of that is terrible).

I have tried many product lines already, but the Pureology Hydrate range was one that had been recommended to me by several stylists which I had not yet purchased. They said that it was the best that they had used, and that even though I do not have color-treated hair, that I would love Pureology.

Given all the good consumer reviews of this brand, I was really hoping that it would work for me. I went to a salon in my town and paid $55 for a shampoo/conditioner set of the Pureology Hydrate line.

Unfortunately, it was awful on my hair. As bad as a $2 cheapo brand. I was so surprised.

My chin-length dark blonde hair is "virgin" hair (not color treated, not chemically treated, not even been subjected to a hairdryer or heated styling tools in the last 2 years!)

The Pureology made it:

negatives
-darker in color
-brittle and straw-like
-dry on the strands, rough-feeling
-oily at the scalp
-the scent was really overpowering and unpleasant to me, and it stayed in my hair all day and all night (I could smell it when I was sleeping)

positives
-gently curl under at the bottom on its own volition -- looking like I'd used a curling iron (a strange effect!) even though I had air-dried it. This happened on all 3 days that I tried these products out.

My hair felt as if the Pureology Hydrate line had quite a bit of "cones" and proteins in it. My hair does not do well with either one. (However, the labels, which I read before purchasing this at the salon, didn't look too bad as far as I could understand the chemical names, so I don't know.)

If anyone knows of a good shampoo/conditioner product line that matches the effects of the OLD Redken All Soft line (before it was reformulated at the beginning of 2012), please send me a message via this site.