Redken Smooth Down Butter Treat [DISCONTINUED]

Redken Smooth Down Butter Treat [DISCONTINUED]

4.1

Aqua/Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Chloride, Glycerin, Amodimethicone, Cetyl Esters, Lanolin, Parfum/Fragrance, Methylparaben, Cetrimonium Chloride, Trideceth-12, Mica, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, Linalool, Chlorhexidene Dhydrochloride, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, PPG-5-Ceteth-20, Oleth-10, Disodium Cocoamphodipropionate, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, CI 77491/Iron Oxides, Lecithin, Geraniol, Phosphoric Acid, Macadamia Ternifolia/Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Candellia Cera/Candella Wax, Phenoxethanol, Ethylparaben

on 11/2/2011 12:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

This has made my hair so soft! Since I've been using it my boyfriend has commented on how soft and shiny my hair looks. I use it about twice a week after shampooing and leave it in for 15-20 minutes. This product is literally a godsend. I use Revlon over the counter hair dye, and all though I love the color (30), it makes my hair VERY dry! This is the only thing that will restore my hair. It is color safe and doesn't make it brassy. It's a cheaper alternative than using Morrocan oil or Kerastase every week. I much rather use those sparingly. I use Smooth Down Butter practically every time I shampoo. I apply my shampoo- rinse and repeat, then use a small amount of conditioner, then rinse. Then I towel dry my hair and put in the Butter Treat and leave in for 15-20 minutes. Then I rinse it out.

this treatment is the closest thing i have found to a miracle! my hair is very dry and my ends split often. nothing will seal up my split ends, but this adds a silkiness to my hair and makes it appear as if i have very few split ends!

i have been pairing it with redken smooth down conditioner (another favorite of mine!) and am nothing short of in love with it.

i don't find the need to purchase expensive shampoos, so i have been alternating between mane 'n tail and johnson's baby shampoo. but i would have no issue with getting even smoother hair! i may have to switch to redken shampoo as well!

the best aspect of this treatment is that it takes the "poofiness" out of the underside of my hair and tames it. the smell lasts a good while (i can't pinpoint what it is, but it's feminine and subtle) and it makes straightening my wavy hair a breeze.

hg for sure!

on 9/17/2011 11:01:00 AM

This is a really great product if, like me, you have lots of thick unruly hair that also tends to get dry. It really makes hairstyling so much easier: straightening just holds much better and the overall look of the hair definitely improves! I have used this product for a long time, and would be pretty desperate if it was discontinued.

on 8/13/2011 12:49:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Just wonderful. My hair is fine, coarse, frizzy and wavy. It was getting to a point I didn't know what to do with it. This mask really made it much more soft and hydrated, my hair became shiny and light, and I'll definetly buy it again.

on 8/7/2011 2:56:00 AM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

My hair was very dry and brittle from bleaching it. when i finally got my hair back to my natural hair color i had to cut a lot of hair off because of the ends. i went to a salon and got a redken chemistry treatment and it worked very good. the hair stylist suggested that i try the redken smooth down butter treat to help keep my hair feeling nice. i used it and was surprised at how soft shiny and great my hair was. it keeps my ends nice and soft and reduces the natural frizz in my hair. i would definetly suggest this to anyone who is trying to get their natural hair feeling back.

on 7/4/2011 10:21:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

One of my first experiences with Redken, and wasn't a success. This stuff literally felt like butter. Temperatures in our country can vary from -22 F to 90 F so the needs to protect the hair are different in different times of year. This was supposed to be my winter saver, but it mainly did the hair heavy, greasy and even difficult to comb. As the circumstances were tough, this probably is not that bad. Little less product may help with the heaviness.

on 6/22/2011 2:49:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

It really works :)
Smoothes down most of my frizz and leaves it really soft but on its own its not enough to protect against humidity etc so still have to use styling products on top.

on 5/28/2011 3:18:00 PM

My HG leave in conditioner! I have color treated hair and this product keeps my hair soft and easy to comb through (its also very long and wavy!) Will definitely repurchase.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Edit: sadly, this product is discontinued. The replacement is the Smooth Lock Butter Silk, which I like as well.

Excellent deep conditioner for my fine, thick, dry hair. Reminds me of Wella Kolesterol (remember that?) in texture and results. I use it once a week, about every 3rd shampoo.

on 1/21/2011 12:47:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Crap- compared to Heavy Treatment. Only used twice but didnt notice any softness or smoothing....or moisturising. Sitting in my bathrom cupboard gathering dust.