October 24, 2014 | 985 users online

Lipstick - L'Oreal - Colour Riche in Toasted Almond

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2011 12:32:00 PM More reviews by amethyst02m

This is a classic that I always come back to! One of the few shades in the nude family that doesn't wash me out or look too brown/pale. Mac has a shade called "Touch" which this reminds me of A BIT - except that shade has far more brown in it (on me) and this has more orange/pink in it for me. I mention it since both shades flatter me and I am fair with neutral/yellow undertones, brown eyes and hair. Great every day shade!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2011 2:18:00 PM More reviews by h20liliz

Beautiful neutral, more on the brown side than the pink. It applies on smooth and has good lasting power. Another great L'oreal product!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2010 3:38:00 PM More reviews by liziloco

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Great formula, consistency, stays on and feels good. Moisture without stickiness. Terrific neutral color. This is my "gold standard" of lipsticks.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/29/2010 8:55:00 PM More reviews by MaNDiiB00

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

this color didnt look good on me im nc35 .i thought it would look nudishbrownish but for some reason i cant even explain the color it looks brownishreddish . not a good color on me!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2010 11:07:00 PM More reviews by jann8

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Great neutral color, smooth and creamy application, wears well. The only problem is my body chemistry morphs this into a strange orangey shade. Still a great classic.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/26/2010 7:18:00 AM More reviews by modernaire

I notice a lot of ladies using this product are fair skinned. I only started using brown-beige lipsticks recently, because in high school and college all pale-skinned Asian girls I knew used light pink and nude-y peach lips and I did the same, staying away from brown lips to avoid looking like their mother.

However I didn't realize how polished (not OLD) and sophisticated (like I said, NOT OLD) brown lips can make you look! On my light Asian peachy skin, Toasted Almond is a soft rosy brown that makes my skin look soft and glowy. It looks great with neutral, gray, brown colors on your eyes. It isn't light, definitely not a nude. I could say it is a MLBB color, but it's more brown than reddish, which I like. It goes well with anything and you can put it on your bare face or with a lot of dark eye makeup.

Now, the smell is pretty powdery and that may not be your cup of tea, but I didn't mind that personally and even if I did, this color would be unique enough for me to forgive it.

The cost is pretty steep for a drugstore brand but I like the design, it even has "L'oreal" carved onto the lipstick which looks very elegant.

After this lipstick I don't think I'll go back to glittery pink glosses. Give it a try if you would like to look feminine but classically polished as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2010 10:49:00 AM More reviews by BlushCrush

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Wow, this color is amazing! The weird part is that I would never have picked this up if it had not been for the excellent reviews here - it's brown in the tube, how can brown perk you up? It does! It is a hard color to describe, it has brown, pink, and peach tones. This lipstick has given me the idea to stop looking at shades that are lighter than this, and start looking for lipstick colors that are closer to the color of my very pigmented lips, or a bit darker. When I go lighter than my lips (MAC Hue, Angel looking at you) it just does not work on me. Also, this looks great straight out of tube, no need to use a lip brush or put anything on top of it - looks great all by itself. For reference, I am NW 15-20. I am going back to the store to buy several more of this beautiful lipstick.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/12/2009 11:26:00 AM More reviews by ladygarcia26

i jus bought this product yesterday. and i really like the color. im going back to nude lipsticks it just looks more natural, as ive gotta older i realize that less is more. luv the color.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2009 5:51:00 PM More reviews by pjw1209

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

My new favorite drugstore lipstick is Toasted Almond. It's a beautiful neutral that looks great on my fair, yellow orange skin. I tested this color and a few others on my hand at Target (I know, it's not nice to do this, but I have a chronic illness and do not get out much), and asked my DH which one he liked best and he picked Toasted Almond.

I took it home and tried it out and it looks great. I used a Prescriptives Nude lipliner and clear gloss and I loved my new lips.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2009 6:02:00 PM More reviews by abrad1967

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

I bought this because my husband really likes the color. I used to wear shades similar to this about ten years ago. I'm much more into nudes shades now. Although I used to wear L'oreal lipsticks many years ago, I dislike the scent now. Yuck! Besides the scent, this is a beautiful color. On my skin tone, it's a mid brown/rose color. I'm glad I have it in my collection but I would not repurchase this lipstick because of the scent.