L'Oreal Colour Riche in Toasted Almond

4.4

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

I have big, two-tone lips: My bottom lip is a bright, rosy pink while my top lip is a mauve-pink, that can sometimes turn pink brown if I don't wear a lip balm with SPF. Now, because of this, I sometimes have a hard time finding a natural shade lipstick that looks good on me. Makeup rules, from what I've learned from many here and blogs, beauty books, and MA's tell me to go and get a lipstick in the same color as my top lip. Brown lipstick looks bad on me. My skin tone is a dark bronze and naturally, one would think brown would look good on me but it doesn't. It makes me look old. It makes my skin look dull and washed out. I have very noticeable pink (salmon) and peach undertones that pretty much rules out that option. Until this arrived.

This is the best nude/natural lipstick I've ever encountered. It is a gorgeous, brownish salmon peach color that would look amazing on anyone. This harmonizes both colors of my lips, makes my skin glow, and brings out my coloring and undertones most beautifully. It makes my eyes look bright and warm. It also makes a great and beautiful cream blush. I can wear this in almost any makeup look and I can finally wear green eyeshadow with confidence. It makes me look "naturally sexy" and many people compliment me when I wear this. Guys love it, many consistently telling me I have beautiful lips or great colored lips. It doesn't dry my lips, rather, it moisturizes them and leaves them soft. And it gives you solid vibrant color in two swipes. The negative things about this is that the formula doesn't last long on lips, often it just lasts two hours. I don't mind that one bit as it works as a lip balm replacement. The other that, I'm almost positively sure, that L'oreal does animal testing. Other than that this is brilliant stuff and I can't wait to try the other colors. The most unbelievable part of this is the pricing. I can get this for $6.50 at Ulta, and that's not counting w/L'oreal coupons and sales. In my opinion, this is another formula that makes HE lipsticks look bad. The other is Revlon. I've tried them all and while they make great colors, this is the only formula that loves my lips. Enjoy.

on 10/6/2011 4:06:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

this was a nice lipstick, i am reviewing for "MOKA AND CHOCOLATE 279" because i'ts not listed, it is a lovely medium/light brown perfect for my yellow based NC35 skin, it is 1/2 shades darker then a 'nude' so great for everyday wear when you don't want to look like you've got a heavy shade on or as if you're trying to do a nudge thang on your lips. beautiful and nautural looking

but like toasted almond it is a rosey/beige/brown with some warm tints in it (or else i'd look like a ghost),
i like this line but i HATE THE SMELL hence it is a 4/5 but the colour match is wonderufl, it is reasonably creamy, doesnt highlight dry lips like some others do, but yes dear l'oreal if you can get rid of that nasty metallic/lead/rose smell it would be perfect

Also the cost in AU without sale is $25.00 which i find quite expensive (hmm, two l'oreal lippies or one chanel?) for a drugstore brand. I bought this on sale from Myer for $9 so in that sense im satisfied.

on 9/28/2011 12:32:00 PM

This is a classic that I always come back to! One of the few shades in the nude family that doesn't wash me out or look too brown/pale. Mac has a shade called "Touch" which this reminds me of A BIT - except that shade has far more brown in it (on me) and this has more orange/pink in it for me. I mention it since both shades flatter me and I am fair with neutral/yellow undertones, brown eyes and hair. Great every day shade!

on 1/29/2011 2:18:00 PM

Beautiful neutral, more on the brown side than the pink. It applies on smooth and has good lasting power. Another great L'oreal product!

on 12/17/2010 3:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Great formula, consistency, stays on and feels good. Moisture without stickiness. Terrific neutral color. This is my "gold standard" of lipsticks.

on 11/29/2010 8:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

this color didnt look good on me im nc35 .i thought it would look nudishbrownish but for some reason i cant even explain the color it looks brownishreddish . not a good color on me!

on 11/28/2010 11:07:00 PM

Great neutral color, smooth and creamy application, wears well. The only problem is my body chemistry morphs this into a strange orangey shade. Still a great classic.

on 10/26/2010 7:18:00 AM

I notice a lot of ladies using this product are fair skinned. I only started using brown-beige lipsticks recently, because in high school and college all pale-skinned Asian girls I knew used light pink and nude-y peach lips and I did the same, staying away from brown lips to avoid looking like their mother.

However I didn't realize how polished (not OLD) and sophisticated (like I said, NOT OLD) brown lips can make you look! On my light Asian peachy skin, Toasted Almond is a soft rosy brown that makes my skin look soft and glowy. It looks great with neutral, gray, brown colors on your eyes. It isn't light, definitely not a nude. I could say it is a MLBB color, but it's more brown than reddish, which I like. It goes well with anything and you can put it on your bare face or with a lot of dark eye makeup.

Now, the smell is pretty powdery and that may not be your cup of tea, but I didn't mind that personally and even if I did, this color would be unique enough for me to forgive it.

The cost is pretty steep for a drugstore brand but I like the design, it even has "L'oreal" carved onto the lipstick which looks very elegant.

After this lipstick I don't think I'll go back to glittery pink glosses. Give it a try if you would like to look feminine but classically polished as well.

on 3/3/2010 10:49:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Wow, this color is amazing! The weird part is that I would never have picked this up if it had not been for the excellent reviews here - it's brown in the tube, how can brown perk you up? It does! It is a hard color to describe, it has brown, pink, and peach tones. This lipstick has given me the idea to stop looking at shades that are lighter than this, and start looking for lipstick colors that are closer to the color of my very pigmented lips, or a bit darker. When I go lighter than my lips (MAC Hue, Angel looking at you) it just does not work on me. Also, this looks great straight out of tube, no need to use a lip brush or put anything on top of it - looks great all by itself. For reference, I am NW 15-20. I am going back to the store to buy several more of this beautiful lipstick.

on 12/12/2009 11:26:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

i jus bought this product yesterday. and i really like the color. im going back to nude lipsticks it just looks more natural, as ive gotta older i realize that less is more. luv the color.

Popular Lipsticks