November 23, 2014 | 1990 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Philosophy - Amazing Grace Firming Body Emulsion

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2011 1:09:00 PM More reviews by bitdot

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this moisturizer! For me, it's an instant pick-me-up. Scents can be ultra subjective, and I just love this because it smells so clean, not perfumey.

It's almost like I just came out of a dryer!

Texture-wise, this goes on smooth and absorbs well. Not greasy and I love the pump!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2011 9:49:00 PM More reviews by faija

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I wanted a scent that kind of smells like Ivory soap. Really clean and fresh. This is it! It smells clean and fresh, but warm at the same time. Just the way I'd like to smell! I bought the big lotion. I'm kind of debating on the perfume. Something about the smell was a bit off to me. I've been searching for my signature scent for a long time. Perfume usually gives me headache if it's too strong so Amazing Grace is perfect for me.

UPDATE: I still like it but it seems really perfumey now. The smell fades away when I put it on but when I smell in the bottle it's really strong. I love it on my skin though so I just make sure I don't put it on my neck so I don't get a perfume headache.

UPDATE UPDATE: WTH? This stuff is to perfumey and too strong! Even with me not putting it on too close to my face, it's too strong and gave me a headache.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/3/2011 6:03:00 AM More reviews by counterlydefined

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

don't find this product particularly amusing at all. got a nice scent to it, and that's it.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2011 11:03:00 PM More reviews by Kipper8588

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

The smell is so clean and reminds me of when I was little and would stay with my grandmother. The smell is amazingggg :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2010 8:21:00 PM More reviews by Azizeh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this lotion. I buy the large set of lotion and shower gel with the pumps off QVC. That's the best deal I've found.

The smell is light and fresh, I get many compliments on it. It feels moisturizing without being greasy, has a nice feel to it. I don't believe it does any firming, but that's not why I bought it.

I usually wear Jo Malone perfume, so it doesn't really match with that, but it's light enough that under clothes, it won't collide or over power another perfume. Without a stronger fragrance competing with it, it has enough scent that people close to you will notice. It is nice with the matching perfume when I want to smell fresh with a light fragrance.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2010 11:00:00 PM More reviews by mladkins

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

At first I hated AG, I thought it smelled like some powder that you find in your grandmother's bathroom. But I have never had so many strangers come up to me and tell me how good I smell as with AG, it's almost a little creepy! I succombed to it as my signature scent, it's fresh and clean and yet still feminine. The body emulsion is just wonderful, so rich and moisturizing. I am on auto-delivery for the 32 oz bottle of this and the shower gel. Sometimes I don't even bother with the fragrance, and even then when someone comes in close for a hug they comment on how good I smell!!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/16/2010 1:38:00 AM More reviews by ash808

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i got this as a gift and so when i first smell i did not like it at all! the smell was really funny and just seemed unpleasant. so i decided to use it anyway because i needed a lotion and boy was i surprised. although it still smelled funky when i first applied it after a little while i noticed that the once awful smell became something totally pleasant and great! i honestly love using it and it is a great lotion. the only reason i wouldn't buy it again is because i know lotions that are much cheaper and can do the same job as this one can.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2010 9:39:00 PM More reviews by adored88

Wow, I am one that is surprised with this lotion. At first sniff, I never would think it was for me, but thought I'd just give it a try based on all the wonderful reviews I read on Sephora about the scent lasting all day. I don't really want to wear perfume at times and rely on my lotion for scent. I am so pleased with this lotion, the scent turns into a nice clean fragrance that is just right - not too heavy yet just enough that it is noticeable. It really doesn't do anything for the firming but it is a great lotion that has not given me any negative reactions (some things are too strong or have an ingredient I must be allergic to). It is now my favorite lotion! I like to purchase directly from Philosophy because they have wonderful free gifts/ promotions all the time! I will tell you though to beware of the giant 32oz specials that they sell on QVC or Nordstrom's beauty event - it seems to be a diluted product or different formula because with those the scent is definitely weaker and does not last at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2010 2:57:00 PM More reviews by MKJulia1

This has been a summer staple for me. Purchased the super sized at QVC over a year ago during one of their Holiday shows and it sat on my counter! I'm so glad I starting using it because it has become one of my favorite lotions! It melts right into my skin and leaves a beautiful silky shine with out being sticky. I love to use it right after I shave my legs because it leaves my legs perfectly hydrated!
Next time I will not buy the Amazing Grace version of this HOWEVER, I would purchase the PURE Grace- non fragrant version...when I use this I feel like I have to put on amazing grace perfume (which I love, but a girl's gotta have variety). And, I would like to have a lotion whose fragrance didn't mix with my other beloved fragrances. Now I just have to wait for Philosophy to have another Holiday show to get the great price on the pure!! I'm a fan of Philosophy firming body emulsion!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2010 2:23:00 PM More reviews by Zevie

I wanted to like this lotion since I've loved most of the philosophy products I've tried. However, I don't like this at all. First of all, the lotion formula is fine. It's moisturizing and just a tad greasy, which I like for my dry skin. It doesn't firm at all, how could it, but it's not a bad lotion. However, the scent is pretty awful. It smells like a mixture of old lady and sunscreen. I normally like sunscreen smells (imagine more of a chlorine smell, not anything tropical) but this is just gross. Add in the old lady, and this lotion is unbearable to use. Don't buy unless you know for a fact that you like this scent or you'll be disappointed.