Dior J'adore - L'eau de Toilette

3.9

on 5/22/2010 10:17:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I 're-visited' this fragrance this week, after finishing a bottle some years back (a feat which doesn't happen that often!). I first bought a bottle of Dior J'adore summer fragrance fron Paris years ago, after that I went on to buy the EDT as I always found the EDP too sweet and sickly. With the EDT I get a less sweet and more woody floral fragrance, which doesn't give me a headache, unlike it's sister EDP. I have a huge collection of perfumes at the moment as I'm addicted, however as I get older I'm getting better choosing fragrances that actually smell on my skin. Most perfumes at whatever strength just disappear on me within 2mins - 2 hours. The only brands with any staying power seem to me E Lauder, Dior, Guerlain EDP's, Lancome and the odd Armani. It seems to be the older fashion houses and scents have the better staying power, on my skin anyway. I would definitely choose this over the EDP, but at the moment I can do without.

on 1/7/2010 7:32:00 PM

I really like this perfume. It's a strong floral scent that lingers on my clothes for days. I wear it for special occasions sometimes but I wouldn't wear it everyday because it's a bit strong and can overwhelm. This scent smells sophisticated, strong, and empowering.

on 12/11/2009 7:50:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

I agree this is an everyday perfume to wear, one of my favorites

on 11/21/2009 12:23:00 AM

mmmmm I love all dior fragrances but this one is a great winter fragrance, definatly a sophistocated scent. i love it!

I was duty free shopping again aimlessly and trying out perfumes. when i smelled this one, i had to have it. nice floral scent. not too light, not too strong either. even my mum thought it smelled good when i brought it home and sprayed some on her. she and i usually don't agree on perfumes. almost up there with my fave gucci rush 2!

on 3/15/2008 11:57:00 AM

so nice...i like this new one of J'adore...a lovely and sweet perfume, my favor..

on 3/7/2008 10:39:00 PM

I wore this for two days, but that's about all i could take of it. It would be nice, but it's just WAY too strong, even in this edt version. I wanted to like it so bad, but no....just not workin for me. The bottle is pretty and simple, but that doesn't do me much good. :-) Would not buy again

on 2/20/2008 3:55:00 AM

I wear this perfume every single day. It's the only staple product I have (: It's gorgeously floral, and every now and then I spray it on my pillow so I can smell it all not. I think it's beautiful and I can't resist smelling my own wrists just to smell it.

on 2/16/2008 2:03:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

This stuff reeks. Its waaay to strong. Overly perfumy...like old ladies perfume from the 80's or somethin' that your teacher in elementry school would wear that would give you a headache in the mornings. I can't even use the shower gel it's so strong. It doesn't stink "stink" but its just way to overpowering and like not special in any kind of way.

on 1/22/2008 11:55:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

My husband bought this for me in a duty-free shop. I have tried it repeatedly (mainly because it was quite expensive) and have been so disappointed. By the time the stopper is back on the bottle the scent has vanished! I am amazed at the reviewers who find this too strong. The ad is to my mind particularly odd, unless the lady is stripping in order to use J'adore to cool down her obviously overheated imagination!
While the price is not in fact tremedously high (75 euro or thereabouts) it is outrageous for what seems to be coloured water. The lack of scent is confirmed by various people that I have asked to smell my wrist after putting on this.

Popular Fragrances