September 22, 2014 | 1021 users online

Mascara - Christian Dior - Diorshow Mascara in Azure Blue

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2010 2:31:00 PM More reviews by mecalovesmahdi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm really into colored mascara, so i was excited to find this one! The color is awesome! It's very bright, and looks amazing when added with blue eyeliner. I have 2 drawbacks with this mascara, #1 the scent. It has a rose fragrance, which took my eyes a really long time to get used to. When i first applied it , my eyes would water sooo much but this stopped happening after a couple of days. #2 is the big, bulky wand. I'm not a fan of huge mascara wands, i like the ones that resemble a miniature comb. But overall, this mascara is really great! I would def. buy it again, if only for the color alone!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2010 9:37:00 PM More reviews by felgoj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Plump, full, thick lashes with this mascara, yes - but more than anything, THE most amazing electric blue color for lashes ever! I ALWAYS get tons of compliments on my mascara whenever I wear this incredible blue shade. Expensive, yes, but worth it. Will repurchase (already have).

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2009 11:14:00 AM More reviews by MariellaFromBe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Diorshow kind of invented the big fat brushes and I like these. But I was almost scared by this one: it's almost bigger than my eye. Not that my eyes are very big, but still.

On to the formula: I found it quite dry, which makes it difficult to apply a second coat after a while without getting a flaky mess on your lashes. And that's too bad, really, because you really need several coats of these to get some effect. Though it's marketed like a volumizing mascara, I didn't think it did much for my lashes on that register.
The product doesn't really have a scent, which is a bonus if you have a sensitive nose like me.

Price paid: 28 (it's a large size, 11ml, but like any mascara you have to toss it after a few months so you're unlikely to use it up anyway)

My overall verdict: NOT worth that money. My Maybelline Colossal does exactly the same thing and I think the formulation is even better (but the color range is smaller, too bad...)
I will not repurchase

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2009 9:42:00 PM More reviews by littledazey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

My makeup is usually loud and bold and this mascara is definetly both! Its the most expensive mascara i've ever purchased, but its totally worth it. I have tried several blue mascaras and none compare the the pigmentation of Diorshow Azure. I have black eyelashes and they POP out blue and long and luscious when i wear this mascara. Get ready for major lashes and major compliments. <3 nina

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2009 11:38:00 AM More reviews by Gitte

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I tried this mascara on the suggestion of one of my nieces. I LOVE mascara, but have little patience with ones that clump or flake. This mascara does neither, and it really makes your lashes pop! For reasons that are not really clear to me, I like to use blue mascara in the summer. The Azure Blue was a nice shade - not a pop! blue, but one that looked nice, and was only noticeable as a shade of blue when you got close.

I wish it was somewhat less expensive, but considering the dollars I have spent over the years on less expensive products that I didn't like, I think this is well worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2009 12:25:00 AM More reviews by sylkii

I actuaLly bought this mascara after seeing it on a co-worker and loved it. A bit expensive for me but will def buy again. Color is bold (which i love) and wears well. I got the waterproof the one with the skinny long brush.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2009 10:22:00 PM More reviews by Giannina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Love this color, such a nice blue color, noticeable, it looks pretty nice with my brown eyes

rated 2 of 5 on 6/5/2009 3:01:00 AM More reviews by meeps

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I tried this mascara on before I bought it. The color I got from the original tester tube at the counter was a BRIGHT blue. I mean, a friend over at another counter could tell from half way across the department. So of course I bought it for $31! Outrageous price, but I wanted those knockout blue lashes, especially with my brown eyes. Anyway, I took the tube home and when I went to use it the color was disappointingly muted. What the heck? The color shows up amazingly well in photos and it's brighter in natural light, but I'm still crabby about the huge color difference. The texture is fine, but I did notice that the tube doesn't last that long and it seems to dry and get a little clumpy in the tube. Will not purchase again. SIGH.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/30/2009 2:20:00 PM More reviews by crumpet71

I am a regular user of this and can't even keep count of how many compliments I get when I wear it. I'm a brave soul and wear it in the daytime. Men especially seem to find this very sexy on the eyes. Some young girls have commented on how they love my 'purple mascara' so I guess it can look cobalt or purplish-blue depending on the angle and lighting. It is the only blue I have found that really shows up true to color and that is the only reason I repurchase. If Lash Blast or Maybelline Full n Soft came in this color I would buy it instead because I think the Dior Show formula is very overrated. The Dior Show formula in this shade has always been sort of clumpy but for some reason the plum shade was not. I must say that I switched to the Unlimited formula with the skinny brush and it goes on so much better. just smoother and without clumps so I will stick with this version from now on. It wears well but still comes off very easily with water.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/6/2009 9:28:00 AM More reviews by sditems

I have the waterproof version of this mascara. I love how it actually shows up as a vibrant blue on my eyelashes however, I always have a hard time removing this from my eyelashes even with make up remover. Also every time I use this mascara I lose a few eye lashes the next day maybe because of it's difficult removal or that the formula is drying out my lashes. Another thing I was not happy about is that I took this on vacation with me and the whole top of my tube broke off. None of my other cosmetics( including other mascaras) broke and this mascara was stored in the box when I traveled with it.