Dior Diorshow Mascara in Azure Blue

4.1

on 6/10/2010 7:27:00 AM

I love love love this mascara! I've been hooked on Diorshow in black, but when I tried this, I thought it was even better. Especially good for blue/green or green eyes. It makes the green color pop like crazy plus it makes the lashes look full and long. I've used my last one up a couple of weeks ago and I'm planning on getting a new one.

Downsides: It dries out within two months and the price - it's too expensive.

on 3/28/2010 3:08:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

This is sooooooooo blue that I have to tone it down- a lot. Im so used to blue mascaras showing up black with a tint of blue in the sun that I thought this would be similar. (I didn't read the reviews! Oops!) Im very fair with blonde hair and blue eyes so its kind of almost *too much for me. It shows up ELECTRIC neon violet-blue on my lashes. Because diorshow is such a good mascara that gives that faux-lash look- it kind of looks like I'm wearing fake Halloween lashes. Thats why I knocked off a lippie. Its a bit out there and not practical for daytime wear. I do, however love to wear it on my tips over a black mascara or for an overall blue glow- go over with a second coat of black mascara to tone down the neon-bright look. Basically, the way it looks in the tube, is the same way it looks on my lashes though. I dont think I'd repurchase this because by the time I tone it down with another black mascara- its spidery and clumpy from having too much mascara on my lashes. Then I have to spend a good 10 minutes de-clumping and it becomes such a hassle. I still give it a high rating cause it really does what it claims. Just works a little too good for me. ;-)

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I'm really into colored mascara, so i was excited to find this one! The color is awesome! It's very bright, and looks amazing when added with blue eyeliner. I have 2 drawbacks with this mascara, #1 the scent. It has a rose fragrance, which took my eyes a really long time to get used to. When i first applied it , my eyes would water sooo much but this stopped happening after a couple of days. #2 is the big, bulky wand. I'm not a fan of huge mascara wands, i like the ones that resemble a miniature comb. But overall, this mascara is really great! I would def. buy it again, if only for the color alone!

on 1/26/2010 9:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Plump, full, thick lashes with this mascara, yes - but more than anything, THE most amazing electric blue color for lashes ever! I ALWAYS get tons of compliments on my mascara whenever I wear this incredible blue shade. Expensive, yes, but worth it. Will repurchase (already have).

Diorshow kind of invented the big fat brushes and I like these. But I was almost scared by this one: it's almost bigger than my eye. Not that my eyes are very big, but still.

On to the formula: I found it quite dry, which makes it difficult to apply a second coat after a while without getting a flaky mess on your lashes. And that's too bad, really, because you really need several coats of these to get some effect. Though it's marketed like a volumizing mascara, I didn't think it did much for my lashes on that register.
The product doesn't really have a scent, which is a bonus if you have a sensitive nose like me.

Price paid: 28 (it's a large size, 11ml, but like any mascara you have to toss it after a few months so you're unlikely to use it up anyway)

My overall verdict: NOT worth that money. My Maybelline Colossal does exactly the same thing and I think the formulation is even better (but the color range is smaller, too bad...)
I will not repurchase

on 10/14/2009 9:42:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

My makeup is usually loud and bold and this mascara is definetly both! Its the most expensive mascara i've ever purchased, but its totally worth it. I have tried several blue mascaras and none compare the the pigmentation of Diorshow Azure. I have black eyelashes and they POP out blue and long and luscious when i wear this mascara. Get ready for major lashes and major compliments. <3 nina

on 10/12/2009 11:38:00 AM

I tried this mascara on the suggestion of one of my nieces. I LOVE mascara, but have little patience with ones that clump or flake. This mascara does neither, and it really makes your lashes pop! For reasons that are not really clear to me, I like to use blue mascara in the summer. The Azure Blue was a nice shade - not a pop! blue, but one that looked nice, and was only noticeable as a shade of blue when you got close.

I wish it was somewhat less expensive, but considering the dollars I have spent over the years on less expensive products that I didn't like, I think this is well worth it.

on 10/11/2009 12:25:00 AM

I actuaLly bought this mascara after seeing it on a co-worker and loved it. A bit expensive for me but will def buy again. Color is bold (which i love) and wears well. I got the waterproof the one with the skinny long brush.

on 10/7/2009 10:22:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

Love this color, such a nice blue color, noticeable, it looks pretty nice with my brown eyes

on 6/5/2009 3:01:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I tried this mascara on before I bought it. The color I got from the original tester tube at the counter was a BRIGHT blue. I mean, a friend over at another counter could tell from half way across the department. So of course I bought it for $31! Outrageous price, but I wanted those knockout blue lashes, especially with my brown eyes. Anyway, I took the tube home and when I went to use it the color was disappointingly muted. What the heck? The color shows up amazingly well in photos and it's brighter in natural light, but I'm still crabby about the huge color difference. The texture is fine, but I did notice that the tube doesn't last that long and it seems to dry and get a little clumpy in the tube. Will not purchase again. SIGH.