November 25, 2014 | 1808 users online

Cleansers - Jergens - All-Purpose Face Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2014 3:13:00 PM More reviews by naturalbeaut

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This product is the best makeup remover around! It moisturizes and leaves a dewy, glowing complexion. It also really helps calm and soothe the light eczema I have on my lower legs. It's a multi-tasking product with a lovely smell! Jergens Face Cream is one of those timeless "beauty secret" products. A must-have!

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2014 9:59:00 PM More reviews by organicmoon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I freaking love this stuff. Always have a tub under my sink for nighttime makeup removal. I paid less than $4 at Wal-Mart for a huge tub. Just keep it clean and it lasts for a long while. I rub this stuff all over face and neck then wipe with a damp wash cloth or tissues. I then use a little more on my eye area for waterproof mascara, eyeliner etc. I do it separate bc I don't want to rub mascara all over my face doing it all at once. Usually I then wash residue off with soap or cleanser but have fallen asleep after just wiping it off and my skin was fine. I have sensitive, dry acne prone skin and this doesn't irritate or make me break out but I don't use as a face cream.
However if your coloring your hair at home rub this stuff on your face around hairline, backs of ears etc to prevent dye from staining it works fabulously.
Edit: 8/15/14 Still using this at night & usually I have commitment issues involving face products but not with this one. Mostly stuff works for a while but this is still going strong and doesn't strip my sensitive skin. Every once in a while I will use a baby wipe because its easier but I can never get everything off. This stuff melts my makeup right off. Doesn't irritate my sensitive skin or cause breakouts. I still recommend doing eye area separate because it will smear all over. Love this stuff but use clean hands or a utensil to scoop a little out you don't need a lot just enough to rub everywhere on face. I overlook the tub feature because it would be higher priced for a more sanitary container. Get some at Walmart or Dollar General for under $4.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2014 3:55:00 PM More reviews by kalvanno

I love this stuff, I use it as night moisturizer,&to take my make up off&as mini facial I leave it on for 5-10minutes &wash off with a face cloth.also it smells good, makes my skin soft with a glow&it doesn't cost a lot,(I'm on a budget) next time I go shopping I'm going to get anothertub of it&leave it at my boyfriends.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2014 2:17:00 AM More reviews by KarmaKins

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This cream is so awesome! Just as good as Albolene maybe better!! You can do almost anything with this stuff and it wont hurt acne perhaps even helps it out. I reccomend it!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2014 7:22:00 PM More reviews by babyro0

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

My grandmother and mother have always used this product, and my grandmother and mother have amazing skin. I wasn't blessed, I have horrible acne, especially cystic acne around that time of the month. I've always used Cetiphil and Proactive to help with breakouts, and it just wasn't working for me, so, I gave my grandmother a call, she told me to try the Jergens Cold Cream that she uses. And Grammy always knows best so I went out and bought a big tub of it for $3.97 at my local Walmart. I tried it that night, and the scent brought back so many good memories of my childhood, and I loved the consistency and beautiful light pink color. It makes you feel girly, and the scent reminds you of at least one person in your family because it was so widely used back in the day.

After using it for the first day I was really concerned about it containing Borax, as well as mineral oil. I was expecting my skin to break out, and have to lock myself indoors because I'd have such bad acne. I let it set on my face all night without washing it off, in the morning it was like my skin had drank it all up! I didn't realize how horribly dry my skin was until I used this! When I wake up in the morning my face smells beautifully like Roses, and my skin feels soft. The Best part is that I noticed results after using it for 2 days, and my acne had almost completely cleared up! I've never had clear skin, so, it was a real change, I was amazed!

I use this product twice a day, once in the morning as a cleanser, after applying it, I dab it off with a Seventh Generation Baby Wipe, and then use My Neutrogena Alcohol Free Toner. Even though I clean it off of my face thoroughly, my skin still feels amazing, and isn't oily at all. After I get home, I use it to remove my makeup, and then rub a thicker layer on my skin before I go to bed. My husband doesn't mind the scent either!

Needless to say, everyone who's said it's not for people with oily skin, I beg to differ, I typically have oily, dry, combination skin, and it absolutely worked for me. My skin tone has evened out, and I don't get cystic acne like I used to. It's not a cure all, I still get some black heads and the occasional pimple, so, if you're looking for a miracle, this isn't a magic cream haha, however, it will definitely help. Keep in mind though, it isn't for everyone, what works for my oily, dry, combination skin may not work for you.

I also love using it as a eye cream, it makes my eyes less puffy and I don't get as harsh of dark circles as I used to.

I love the packaging, it's so vintage and cute, it reminds me of my Grandmother and my mother. It's lovely.

Bottom line, this cold cream is only $4.00, and it gets the job done. I would recommend trying it to everyone who's thought about it, it is amazing! I also use it as a deep moisturizing treatment for my feet, as I do get dry, flakey, calloused skin on my feet occasionally. I rub a thick layer on, and put on socks, it does wonders for dry skin. I haven't tried it on my legs as some reviewers have, however, I have used it on my elbows, I just don't want it all over my body as I think it would be uncomfortable as it doesn't rub in like other moisturizers. It also works as a makeup base if you're looking for a dewy, youthful finish under your regular makeup, typically I'll mix some of my foundation with it in my hand and use it as a tinted moisturizer during winter time as my skin gets really dry and flaky in winter.

Anyway! Sorry for the huge review, I hope this helps! If you're thinking about trying it, I definitely would suggest it for everyone!

20 out of 20 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2014 4:44:00 PM More reviews by simplysaysea

This product is the best face cream/wash/moisturizer I have ever used.
About 6 months ago, I developed a very severe case of adult acne, the first serious breakout of my life. Since then, I have bought all the top of the line washes, spot treatments, masks, moisturizers, etc. desperately trying to find something that would help. Hundreds of dollars and dozens of products that didn't work, I saw this at the grocery store. I remember seeing it at my grandmothers house, and it was so cheap, I thought what the hell. I use it every morning as a light moisturizer, let sit for a few minutes and wipe off with a tissue. Every night I use this, as well as my makeup remover, to clean my face. I have completely eliminated all other spot treatments, moisturizers and masks from my regime. I only use this cream, along with my cetaphil face wash. My acne is completely gone, my face is blemish free, and my acne scars are even starting to smooth out. Seriously, best product ever! I'm kicking myself for using anything else all these years!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2014 8:28:00 PM More reviews by liz48170

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have been using this pink old ladies goop for years. It comes in the big tub, and is about $4.00. One tub lasts about a year.

My skin is dry. i use old face cloths, rub it in and gently remove. It takes everything off, dirt, oils, make up, waterproof make up.

The old facecloths gently exfoliate my skin as well

I would prefer a pump and pretty smaller container, no smell either but my skin looks silky, and is clear and soft.

It is the best thing on the market; at the cheapest cost. Every time I try something else, I keep on coming back to this

I even will rub it into my body skin before showering, and then wash my skin with an old face cloth exfoliating and cleaning at the same time. This is my holy grail for winter.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2013 1:51:00 AM More reviews by BigBeauty

An absolute staple of mine. I use this every single morning to cleanse my face. I also apply a dab of it before applying my make-up for a dewy base. I use it to remove my make-up, Can also be used as a night cream. Plenty of product, lasts a very time. Pale pink in color with a rosy scent. My grandmother swears by this cold cream and has the skin of a goddess to prove it. I hope they never discontinue this product, I will be sure to pass it on to my next generation.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2013 10:57:00 AM More reviews by ArtisticEyes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have only used this cold cream a few times, and I've already fallen in love. I used Ponds before this, not even knowing it existed. The Ponds burned my eyes a bit, but I dealt with it, thinking it was unavoidable. While I was at Walmart the other day, I had Ponds in my basket, then saw that the Jergens was a little over a dollar cheaper! I said to myself,
"Well, duh! Get it!" When I got home and took of my makeup, this was like a dream. It removed my makeup quickly, and when I woke up the next morning, the little spots of acne on my chin had disappeared. My face felt soft (as though I had just exfoliated), and I was GLOWING. This stuff is a miracle, and the packaging is great. A large mouth jar really is optimal for things like this, and the smell is soft and not overpowering like some face products. I will be purchasing again, but it may take a while. I got the 15 oz jar! It's gonna be around for a while.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2013 2:30:00 AM More reviews by Holyskin

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I prefer cold creams for makeup removal, and of the ones I've used, I believe I like this one the best. The price can't be beaten, and also, the large mouth of the jar makes getting at it far easier than getting the cream out of a jar of Pond's. Jergens is also less runny than Pond's and easier for me to tissue off. Albolene is pretty good at removing face makeup but doesn't remove mascara as easily as Jergens or Pond's. I've also used Signature Club A meltdowns which work really well and smell great, although they do cost more. For makeup removal, though, cold creams work excellently! They remove anything and everything gently. I really enjoy massaging the cream into my face, as well, which helps make the chore of removing makeup a relaxing one.

*Please see my review for Crabtree & Evelyn's triple-milled, goat-milk soap.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No