September 21, 2014 | 1843 users online

Cleansers - Jergens - All-Purpose Face Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2014 4:44:00 PM More reviews by simplysaysea

This product is the best face cream/wash/moisturizer I have ever used.
About 6 months ago, I developed a very severe case of adult acne, the first serious breakout of my life. Since then, I have bought all the top of the line washes, spot treatments, masks, moisturizers, etc. desperately trying to find something that would help. Hundreds of dollars and dozens of products that didn't work, I saw this at the grocery store. I remember seeing it at my grandmothers house, and it was so cheap, I thought what the hell. I use it every morning as a light moisturizer, let sit for a few minutes and wipe off with a tissue. Every night I use this, as well as my makeup remover, to clean my face. I have completely eliminated all other spot treatments, moisturizers and masks from my regime. I only use this cream, along with my cetaphil face wash. My acne is completely gone, my face is blemish free, and my acne scars are even starting to smooth out. Seriously, best product ever! I'm kicking myself for using anything else all these years!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2014 8:28:00 PM More reviews by liz48170

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have been using this pink old ladies goop for years. It comes in the big tub, and is about $4.00. One tub lasts about a year.

My skin is dry. i use old face cloths, rub it in and gently remove. It takes everything off, dirt, oils, make up, waterproof make up.

The old facecloths gently exfoliate my skin as well

I would prefer a pump and pretty smaller container, no smell either but my skin looks silky, and is clear and soft.

It is the best thing on the market; at the cheapest cost. Every time I try something else, I keep on coming back to this

I even will rub it into my body skin before showering, and then wash my skin with an old face cloth exfoliating and cleaning at the same time. This is my holy grail for winter.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2013 1:51:00 AM More reviews by BigBeauty

An absolute staple of mine. I use this every single morning to cleanse my face. I also apply a dab of it before applying my make-up for a dewy base. I use it to remove my make-up, Can also be used as a night cream. Plenty of product, lasts a very time. Pale pink in color with a rosy scent. My grandmother swears by this cold cream and has the skin of a goddess to prove it. I hope they never discontinue this product, I will be sure to pass it on to my next generation.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2013 10:57:00 AM More reviews by ArtisticEyes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have only used this cold cream a few times, and I've already fallen in love. I used Ponds before this, not even knowing it existed. The Ponds burned my eyes a bit, but I dealt with it, thinking it was unavoidable. While I was at Walmart the other day, I had Ponds in my basket, then saw that the Jergens was a little over a dollar cheaper! I said to myself,
"Well, duh! Get it!" When I got home and took of my makeup, this was like a dream. It removed my makeup quickly, and when I woke up the next morning, the little spots of acne on my chin had disappeared. My face felt soft (as though I had just exfoliated), and I was GLOWING. This stuff is a miracle, and the packaging is great. A large mouth jar really is optimal for things like this, and the smell is soft and not overpowering like some face products. I will be purchasing again, but it may take a while. I got the 15 oz jar! It's gonna be around for a while.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2013 2:30:00 AM More reviews by Holyskin

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I prefer cold creams for makeup removal, and of the ones I've used, I believe I like this one the best. The price can't be beaten, and also, the large mouth of the jar makes getting at it far easier than getting the cream out of a jar of Pond's. Jergens is also less runny than Pond's and easier for me to tissue off. Albolene is pretty good at removing face makeup but doesn't remove mascara as easily as Jergens or Pond's. I've also used Signature Club A meltdowns which work really well and smell great, although they do cost more. For makeup removal, though, cold creams work excellently! They remove anything and everything gently. I really enjoy massaging the cream into my face, as well, which helps make the chore of removing makeup a relaxing one.

*Please see my review for Crabtree & Evelyn's triple-milled, goat-milk soap.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/22/2013 12:00:00 PM More reviews by ratgirldjh

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i like this stuff quite a bit. sometimes i make my own cold cream with the same basic ingredients (water, mineral oil (or other oil), beeswax, and borax (for emulsyfing)) and although my cold cream works well at cleansing it just isn't as moisturizing as this stuff is.

really, i like that this cold cream can be used as a moisturizer. ponds can be used as a moisturizer but the scent and perhaps some of the chemical additives tend to make me feel slightly sick to my stomach after smelling it for a bit and the ponds dry skin cream just didn't do it for me and again it is very strongly scented.

now i know this is also strongly scented, but for some reason it doesn't make me feel sick to smell it. perhaps the smell goes away quicker - i'm not sure.

i love the jar. it is so vintage looking! and really, to me cold cream belongs in a jar. i LOVE to stick my fingers in and feel the coldness and then enjoy the ritual of slathering it all over my face and neck. plus i have memories of my grandmother using this product and there was always a jar on her makeup table next to her lighted makeup mirror.

i really dislike anything in a pump bottle. i've never had good luck with the pumps and often they drip while they are sitting around. also, i really do not care for tubes. in the past i've had stuff in tubes and for some reason it seems to be more prone to seperation and you can't just mix it back up.

another reason i prefer the jar is that i also have a small 6 oz jar of this that i keep by my bed. when my 6 oz jar needs refilling, i just take some from my giant bathroom 15 oz jar! i really don't like that tubes (or even pump bottles) are usually discarded after use.

oh and it really surprises me that people complain about packaging so much. if you don't like the packaging of a product - you can always take a packaging from another product that you really like (the packaging that is) and replace or refill the product with the product you wish was in a pump! so easy! i don't understand why people don't see this. or put it into a tiny jar for travel - and they even make re-fillable tubes!

so yes, i will buy this again. i go through phases and switch back and forth from this to nivea cream, to ponds occasionally or my home-made formulas - and i will always keep a jar of this in my bathroom for when the urge strikes me.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2013 3:53:00 AM More reviews by jenzbugrulz

LOVE this stuff! Just bought a jar to try and I can't believe how nice my skin feels! Definitely a re-purchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2013 5:34:00 PM More reviews by vyuen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I LOVE this cream! Period. Due to the tight family budget during the time (later 60's to early 70's) when I was a young child (and my 2 sisters too), mom used to use this as her only face cleanser & moisturizer, she used it on us girls too during the Winters. It was indeed a very practical cream.

The smell reminds me of mom, and the pink colour too. A little 'vintage' but not over powering.

The packaging is simple & practical, and I love it. You get more than you paid for. One tub last me a LONG time. It serves as a winter night time facial cleanser & a moisturizer too.

Now that I am a grown women with an 18 yr old daughter of my own, I come back to this cold cream time and again during Winter season. Like the other reviewers said, I actually like this better than the Pond's cold cream, and at a much better price point. The texture is lighter & it melts onto your quickly skin just like a layer of thin warm butter, and wipe off very easy with tissue or washcloth.

I hope this cold cream will be available for many years to come. Too bad this is not available in Canada, so whenever I travel to USA, I stock up a couple of tubs.

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2013 3:21:00 PM More reviews by skim6926

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great at removing make up and does make your skin feel soft and dewy. This is definitely one of those old fashioned cold creams to me so I always wipe off the excess as I would never be able to rinse this off.

This hasn't made me break out nor stings my eyes. A really great product for a great price.

However if you don't like oily products then this is definitely not for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2013 3:00:00 PM More reviews by perfumefanatic

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a standby, all purpose face cream for me. I have used it to remove makeup, including waterproof mascara and it does that very well.

At the moment, I use a tiny dab mixed with Retin A, so the latter will spread more evenly on my face and I am very happy with the results. I think it helps to counteract the drying effects of the Retin A because this time around I've noticed very little drying and redness this time. I will continue to use this outstanding product which is also a great value.