Jergens All-Purpose Face Cream

4.3

Active Ingredients Mineral Oil; Water; Beeswax; Magnesium Aluminum Silicate; Sodium Borate; Fragrance; Isopropyl Myristate; DMDM Hydantoin; Red 4

on 12/4/2014 9:42:00 PM

This is an excellent cold cream for the winter months. It's too heavy for my skin type in the summer when it's humid but once autumn arrives I add it to my regimen and keeps dry skin at bay perfectly and without breaking me out.

Typically I prefer cold creams that wash cleaner than this, that can be rinsed off without a washcloth if necessary, this is on the heavier side and excellent for skin that has patchy dryness like mind does in the winter. It takes off all your makeup and leaves your skin clean but well moisturized. You can even follow up with a foaming or acne cleanser and it will still leave your skin with a lot of moisture.

i have had the same tub for 2 years now as i don't use it every single night. this product is amazing and the price is very cheap. my skin can be very dry at times and whenever that happens i put some on my face before bed. by the next morning my skin is usually not dry (depending on how dry it was ) i only put it on before bed because it can make your face look super greasy. there is no scent and its very nice on my sensitive skin.

on 11/13/2014 12:47:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This cream was too thick and smelled like Strong barf. I don't even think it moisturizes. It just leaves a layer of grease. It is not comfortable to have on.

on 10/20/2014 11:00:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I have only used this once and it was an hour ago so if nobody takes this review seriously I don't blame you. I have extremely dry skin that is very sensitive with eczema on my cheeks and dry patches on my cheeks, forehead, area around nose, etc. This is the only product I used besides Neutrogena cleansing wipes that kept my skin clear and radiant and completely free of dry patches (Highly recommend Neutrogena cleansing wipes to dry skin people). My mother is a 54 year old Korean woman who people think is in her late twenties, she recommended that i try this and my skin instantly glowed when I wiped this off. Will update if opinions change but right now I am amazed with this product for the price.
**UPDATE***
I've been using this for a few weeks now and this has been amazing on my skin. My skin has never been so soft and radiant. I get a dollop of this, then wipe off with neutrogena makeup remover wipes (cut into quarters to save money and waste less) without rinsing, just let It all soak in for a min or two and then put on moisturizer. my skin is more beautiful than it has ever been and I don't think I'll ever stop using this.

There's this conflict: on one hand there's the view that there is a linear progress and that modern is always more evolved, and then there is a view that some things are time tested, known to the wise, and are best left unchanged. Modern minds might take fright at the fact that this contains petrochemicals, fragrance, and coloring. Others, with a more relaxed attitude towards those things, might find a romantic feeling knowing that those now with generations beneath them opened fresh jars of this very same pink salve to remove the blacks and reds they dressed their skin with just before an exciting evening long ago. As for myself, I haven't found any science that would put me off anything in the jar. It seems to me to be one of those things that wiser women just know to have on hand. I enjoy the smell, the color, the texture, the price, and the efficacy in removing eye makeup. A simple jar, of old fashioned cold cream, is an inexpensive and smart thing to have. That's my take.

on 9/25/2014 7:48:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I love cold cream, its your best friend. Many older women swear by a good cold cream. I didn't have any complaints about this product, id even buy it again.

on 8/15/2014 10:28:00 PM

I started using this cold cream a few weeks ago based on the positive reviews and low price point and I'm thrilled I did. At first I was unsure how to use it and tried just rinsing it off with water, but that doesn't really work for me as I didn't like the oily residue (though I suppose it could be beneficial for people with dry skin - mine's medium-to-oily).

Here's what I do: before bed I put a dab on my fingers and rub it into my face and just below my jawline for about a minute, making sure to get all my eye makeup loosened up. Then I use a tissue in upward motions to remove the cream, followed by a quick application of half a pump of Cetaphil liquid cleanser to remove any residue I might have missed. Rinse with water, apply night moisturizer, then off to bed. (I don't use the Jergens cream in the morning - just another half pump of Cetaphil and my daytime moisturizer with SPF.) My skin's never looked better and I have had no problems with breakouts.

on 8/9/2014 11:39:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'm 40, clog prone with oily T-zone. Thought sure this would cause break outs, but it's so cheap, thought I'd give it a try based on the good reviews. As a previous reviewer said this pink old ladies' goop is great! Great make up remover! Even though I'm oily, I tend to get flaky due to skin care products aimed at cleaning pores. This face cream just leaves my skin feeling wonderful. You have to use a washcloth to remove. I attempted to just rinse off in shower and was left way too greasy. A warm washcloth is key!

on 7/22/2014 1:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Back in mid to late June I had tried the Aveeno Positively Radiant Cleansing Pads... BIG MISTAKE!! I had the worst allergic reaction ever. My mom recommended that I wash my face with just plain water and use this cream. My face cleared up within three days. Love this product!

on 6/10/2014 5:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I've really fallen in love with cold creams and have been trying out various brands. Although I think I like Avon's Care Soothing Cold Cream Cleanser the best, Jergens is also great, and you get about 5 times more product for the same price. In fact, Jergens All-Purpose Face Cream retails at Kmart for $3.99 for a HUGE 15 oz jar. And I love the slightly reto pink and white jar.

A pale pink cream, with a floral scent, Jergens cold cream is nice and thick. Although the directions say to apply it generously, I find that a cherry sized dallop is more than enough to remove a full face of makeup. Very gently massage the cream into the skin in an upward motion. Leave it on for a minute or two to lift off the makeup and/or grime, and then gently wipe away with a cleansing wipe or wash cloth. Follow with some toner or witch hazel. I personally like witch hazel best. Then if you need to moisturize. You might find that the cold cream leaves you moist enough and that eye cream is all you require.

I have sensitive combination skin and was worried at first that the cold cream would irritate my skin or make me break out. But really I've never looked better. In the morning I blot any excess oil away with blotting tissues and then cleanse with a cleansing lotion or cleansing cream. Personally, I think the Jergens, or any cold cream for that matter, is a little rich for morning cleansing. However, if you have seriously dry sky it might just be the ticket.