October 23, 2014 | 1381 users online

Conditioner - Burt's Bees - Avocado Butter Conditioner

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2006 11:22:00 AM More reviews by Mommy22lilones

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've used this several times as a deep conditioner and also as a leave-in for my dry ends overnight. As a deep conditioner, it is very difficult to get through all my hair, even following the directions to a T. I have to wash my hair twice to get it all out, which probably eliminates the deep conditioning benefits.

However - as a leave-in for my dry ends overnight, it's fabulous! I use a tiny, tiny dab and scrunch it in the dry parts of my hair from the middle down at night. You could also use it as a styling aid for piecy ends or just taming frizzies. I'm kind of disappointed at shelling out so much money for Phyto 7 when this seems to work even better for the same (styling) purpose, plus more!

By the way - I actually like the scent of this!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/18/2006 6:15:00 PM More reviews by makeupreview

This stuff is horrible, if you want it I will send it to you. Followed the directions to the letter and 10 days later I was STILL trying to get all of this cr*p out of my hair. Lesson learned.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2006 1:39:00 AM More reviews by sabong

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I use this once a week, and I was hooked from the moment I used it. Please note that the directions state that you use the product BEFORE shampooing. I noticed that many of the reviewers who were unhappy with the conditioner said that they couldn't rinse it out of their hair, or it made their hair greasy. You shouldn't have these problems if you condition with the butter, then shampoo.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2006 12:53:00 PM More reviews by elle851

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I think they changed the packaging to a plastic tube with a broader cap which is convenient. I'm still on the lookout for a decent shampoo and conditioner so while i'm in the trial and error stage i love having this stuff to use once a week to get my (on the dry side, at it's worst flyaway) hair managable again and ready for another round of experiments. you have to mix it with the tiniest drop of water or smooth it on wet hair to make it easy to apply and i usually leave it in overnight and thoroughly! shampoo out in the morning. it's a great natural repair product for hair. recommended!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/10/2005 12:34:00 PM More reviews by halleyg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I've been using this Burt's Bees Avocado Butter Conditioner on my very thin/fine hair for a few years and I don't intend to stop anytime soon. Yes, the smell is not pleasent, but the product is applied prior to shampooing and the smell does not last.
The directions say not to use more than 1 tablespoon of the product, and this is very important. As more than one review mentioned, it is not easy to get out if too much product is applied. Despite my having thin hair, this product works very well at the ends and adds shine and manageability. If you have trouble getting your hair to curl with heated rollers or a curling iron, I recomment trying this product. I use this product 2 to 3 times a week - not everyday! Though everyone's hair is different, the Avacado Butter Conditioner works well for me. It's also fairly inexpensive, so it's worth giving a try. I usually buy it at Borders, (yes, they have a Burt's Bees display somewhere in the store). But, you can probably find it at a health/nutrition store as well.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2005 4:15:00 PM More reviews by Jade716

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this product, my hair is so soft and has less fly aways. The only problem is there is not enough of it for the price, I have long hair and I think for $9.00 I am only going to get to use it twice cause i have to use so much of it. I just wish it was cheaper or there was more of it! But its still a great product.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/17/2005 10:37:00 PM More reviews by surfari

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this for under $20 at some garden/botanical store. It comes in this squeezable aluminum tube which I dont love because if it was plastic, you could be more sure you're getting out most of the product. The product itself is very oily light green ooze. I found it difficult to apply to dry hair evenly, but with water, the product dissolves! Afterwards, my hair felt dry and straw-like. I wouldn't buy again given how expensive it is too.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2005 9:57:00 PM More reviews by tenderheart003

I've got shoulder length, curly & course dry slightly damaged hair. I use a flat iron about 3 times a week. This treatment worked very well for me. Not an HG, but good. Made my hair moist and less frizzy without weighing it down too much. I forgo this for my biolage conditioning balm, but I would definately repurchase this if I couldnt afford my biolage. I am surprised at all the bad reviews.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2005 9:42:00 PM More reviews by LexicoAmy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This stuff is actually pretty nice once you figure out how to use it. My first time I used it as a conditioner after shampooing - then I read the directions and discovered my mistake. When I use it on wet hair right before shampooing, my hair comes out really soft, visibly different. It's inconvenient to do that most of the time, so mostly I use it as a styling aid - just a pea-sized dollop mixed with Noodle Head and Frizz-Eaze makes my hair come out nice and soft and with less frizz than usual.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/16/2005 12:56:00 PM More reviews by o00meow00o

This is soooo hard to get out of your hair. After using this product my hair seemed very was SOOO greasy. Definately wouldn't buy again.