Laura Mercier Tea Rose

4.3

on 8/23/2008 11:17:00 AM

Lovely shade, nice smooth application but.....dare I say I prefer my cheapie NYC lipsticks in "Caramel" and "Cafe"? I do like the color options one has with this shade (with each of these brands and shades, actually) by choosing a warm or cool liner pencil. "Tea Rose" was given to me by a supervisor at work; she hated the taste and smell of it, and I pretty much agree! I bought her a NYC lipstick and she's very happy. I love LM's line but I don't feel this lipstick is worth the price at all.

on 7/6/2008 6:20:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

HG color (love natural pinky browns), nice and creamy feel, probably doesn't last an hour on me though. All I wear is long wear lipstick now, but I carry this around 'just in case' because it's so beautiful and elegant feeling. I don't mind the light fragrance (if it stunk or was too strong I couldn't wear it). Same complaint as everyone, why the cheap brown plastic containers when this is such an expensive line?

on 6/20/2008 12:24:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Read the reviews, then went to get it. So far a nice neutral lip-colored lipstick especially flattering on my fair skin with a neutral liner (Estee Lauder Fig). With a pinker liner like Clinique Lipblush, it a soft rosy hue. Moist enough yet lasts well. One lippy off just because it doesn't have to be so expensive!
Edited: I added back a lippie because after wearing it for almost 9 months and seeing how good it looks, I decided it's worth the money.

on 10/26/2007 5:58:00 PM

LOVE IT!!! My absolute favorite!! I'm a blue eyed blonde with a fair to medium skin tone. I have a hard time finding an everyday year round lip color that is neutral, without looking washed out. It gives a fresh and polished look. It's the only lip color I've repurchased again and again, and I'm a lipstick junkie!

on 10/2/2007 5:27:00 PM

I have found my perfect shade of lipstick. I am very fair and this enhanced my lips without making me look as though i am wearing anything. i could slather it on and it would be slightly more dramatic, although still not unnatural looking. LOVE!

on 9/26/2007 11:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I have very delicate coloring, and the problem, frequently, with my lipstick is that I overdo it. This one is hard enough and neutral enough that even if I apply a lot of it, it stays at "just enough" capacity.

By the way, my complexion is cool, and no bronze/brown/gold lipsticks ever look good on me. I would by no means call this lipstick bronze, brown or gold. It's more like pinkish beige.

on 2/28/2006 12:34:00 PM

An OK, all purpose pink, it applies slightly magenta/cool toned on my lips, though it looks fairly neutral in the tube. I find this a little less pigmented and more drying than my other LMs, perhaps because of the light shimmer. As another reviewer noted, this is probably a better spring and summer shade. Not the worst lipstick in my collection, but taking everything into consideration, I would not repurchase.

on 10/1/2005 1:05:00 AM

An all-around gorgeous color that's a bit of pink, brown and gold. There's a slight smell, but it doesn't irritate me so much that I'll avoid wearing this color. Lasts long and looks fab topped with Laura's Beige Pink gloss.

on 4/18/2005 11:39:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I love to wear this in the summer-- a nude color that compliments tanned skin. It looked kind of muddy and wan when I tried it in the winter, so I'll keep it for the summer. Looks great with a glistening gloss over it. I love it!

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I loved this color originally because I was tan and it was the summertime but now that the winter is approaching this looks dull and dead on my medium hued skin.

Popular Lipsticks