July 22, 2014 | 2251 users online

Masks - The Body Shop - Vitamin E Sink-In Moisture Mask

rated 2 of 5 on 4/4/2012 3:49:00 PM More reviews by Cindy105

This product caused me to have an allergic reaction. I want to start off by saying that I have extremely resilient skin and I RARELY have bad reactions to any products. The first time I used this was last week. When I applied it, it did have a burning sensation for about 10 seconds then it went away. I left it on for about 20 minutes and then rinsed it off and went to sleep. When I woke up the next day there were large patches of raised, itchy, red skin on my face. At that time I didn't think it was this product that caused the reaction because like I said, topical products don't usually cause reactions on my skin. I thought I had some sort of skin infection. So I made an appointment with the dermatologist but she wasn't able to see me until 5 days after (yesterday). During those 5 days I rubbed Atopalm on my skin religiously and it actually went almost back to normal, so I ended up canceling my dermatologist appointment because I was busy at work and couldn't get off to go. The patches just became these dry spots that were no longer red. I decided last night to use the moisture mask again hoping to relieve the dryness. HUGE MISTAKE. The red, itchy patches came back with a vengeance. I was embarrassed to even walk outside my house. It's soooo itchy as I write this. This time for sure I know it is this product that is causing this. I am going to the store after work today to return it and show them what it has done to my face. The only reason why I gave it 2 stars instead of 1 is that my skin did feel nice and moisturized before it had this reaction. I want to be fair and this probably will not happen to the majority of you, so if it doesn't then it should make your skin feel soft and moisturized. The burning sensation that I read about in many of these reviews concerns me though. Be careful! I would recommend a patch test before you apply it to your entire face!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2012 4:57:00 PM More reviews by MissKC

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I love this product - I'll admit that it has many disadvantages BUT it does what it says on the label which is what counts for me.
This product is around 10 at Body Shop - Quite reasonable but a little on the pricey side

Advantages:
IT WORKS! I have combination skin so I have to be careful about what moisturisers I use to avoid the excess oil, but at the same time my face needs to be hydrated as it gets really dry sometimes ... when my face is in need of rehydration because -- we all have those days where our face needs a bit of rapid moisture, this product is the best !! Some of us dont have time to wait around for hours whilst our moisturisers sink in so our face isnt like sandpaper - in 10 minutes after applying - my face is SO hydrated! Its so easy to apply and its invisible so it doesnt really look like you have a mask on.

Disadvantages:
I realise what the reviewers are saying -- and I do agree with them... When you put it on it does itch slightly and burn, I wish I could say that it wares off the more and more times you use it, but it doesn't. Because the moisturiser is so intense, it does irritate the skin - but it never left mine flaky or itchy after I took it off... you are only left with the great results.

Recommendations:
Can be used on all skin types - would not recommend combination skin or oily skin sufferers to use this product often, use it like me - when your having one of those dry days :)
DO NOT use this product if you have sensitive skin as it will irritate you.

I always have this in my make up draw -- I keep on purchasing.

Hope I helped. x

rated 2 of 5 on 2/23/2012 7:06:00 PM More reviews by Fiara

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Nothing special. I use it once a week and didn't noticed any result. As for the texture, didn't like it at all. Too heavy, too sticky and leaves unpleasent feeling. I keep using it out of habit.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/22/2012 11:11:00 PM More reviews by MayariR

I didn't like this product at all. The moment I put it on it began to burn and itch. Once I took it off I didn't feel like it did any good, as if it coated and not actually "Sink-In". Didn't approve of this Vitamin E Body Shop line at all.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/29/2011 9:15:00 PM More reviews by naomi9

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

AGGH! I'd give this a 0 if possible. I was so excited to try this product because my skin is like a desert during the winter. I put it on and within a minute or two my skin started itching and burning. I looked in the mirror, and my cheeks had blotchy red spots all over them. I immediately washed it off and they still itched and felt hot for awhile. Bleh. Took it back today. I guess I'll go back to my old faithful organic sweet almond oil.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/13/2011 3:03:00 PM More reviews by almorsy88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

After the cold weather has started, my cheeks have turned to a desert while the rest of my skin is slick with oil.

I've come to think it's all just dehydrated skin from harsh treatments like neutrogena I used in the past.

After putting this on in a thin layer as directed, it literally felt like nothing. It felt exactly the same as my moisturizer and yes, it did sink in, but still felt DRY! So I tried slobbing a nice thick layer on my skin which helped, but the dry feeling came back after about 10 minutes.

This cream kept reminding me, in smell and texture, of something I'd used before - PONDS!!!!! It smells exactly the same as the Ponds dry skin cream and works just as poorly. It just doesn't do it for me.

I got this on a sale day so I didn't feel so bad. I keep it handy as a moisturizer for my hands and such - not bad for that. I know some people use this just as a regular moisturizer.

I did try this as an overnight mask - my skin is so oily, though, that it was SO slick the next morning, but felt good because my cheeks are so dry and the oil felt good.

All in all, if you want to try this, buy some ponds for 5 dollars at a drug store and slather it on your face - smells and feels exactly the same.

Just not for me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2011 11:34:00 AM More reviews by Melavia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have oily/combination skin and I found this mask to be too heavy. It is rather sticky and thick. I am also not a fan of the smell, it is true for the entire Vitamin E line.

I did not notice significant difference after using it so I suppose this is just not for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2011 3:38:00 AM More reviews by wanice18

I try and use this mask once a week. You hardly need to use any of it - just a small fingers worth. It's very thick and spreads evenly on your skin. You only need a very small amount. I find this mask very useful for my eczema prone skin, but occasionally it stings my skin. I usually clean it off, it doesn't "sink - in" at all as it is very thick. I just wash it off with cleanser. My skin isn't dry after using it, and because you don't need to use so much it lasts for a long time.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/21/2010 11:25:00 AM More reviews by leyan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

UPDATE:
Since my face's combination-oily, this thing just doest do. It's too oily oily oily oily OILY ARGHH!!
Actually it didn't break me out at all, BUT because I felt so stressed that the product stung and greasy, I felt paranoid, stressed out, there went zits here and there.
I just need a stress-free product, and that, is the seaweed skincare line, controls oil without overly drying.
I think the mask will work well for ppl with combination-dry to very-dry skin :)
Since I don't want to waste this mask, I use it on my feet and hands and other dry areas. And it works wonder :)

Pros:
-it doesn't break me out, my skin is combination-oily, acne prone, whitehead prone, basically it's like a warzone, but this product doesn't trigger any "landmines" on my face.
-it really hydrates well without glittering my face, in fact, it makes my face shines a healthy shine.
-it's cheap, considering it lasts forever.
-my skin feels so soft, supple, and nourished.
-i don't mind the jar packaging, bacterial invasion is overrated anyway. Just clean your hands beforehand, that's enough.
-smells nice
-it has antioxidant properties

Cons:
-nothing really, for now.

Tips:
I did have a greaseball episode once or twice when using the mask. I think I might've overused it somehow.
Sooo, I applied this mask like a moisturizer, just enough to cover my face, massaged it for less than a min, and it solved the problem, I didn't even have to take the residue off(there was little to none).
Never had a problem leaving this overnight, no break out, even with my combination-oily-acne-prone face. at least for me.
Use it around the neck area when applying this mask and it will feel so soft and nourished as well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2010 4:57:00 PM More reviews by maan84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I stumbled upon this product at the store and it kinda ended up in my basked without thinking too much about it. I was actually looking for one more product to reach the amount required to get a GWP-product. I actually needed a good mask though since I had finished my old Biotherm one so it ended up being a very good purchase. I have to say that the cheaper Vitamin E Sink-In Moisture Mask does a very good job. I use this everyday because my skin is very dry, especially now in the winter. It does a fantastic job hydrating the skin. I apply it all over my face after showering, before going to bed and when I wake up my skin is soft and smooth. It absorbs quickly into the skin, I never have to tissue off any residue. I don't have sensitive skin. I use this everyday and have never experienced any negative skin reaction whatsoever. But then again we're all different.
I will definitely repurchase this. It's a great moisturizing mask for a very affordable price. I also like the Vitamin E range scent. continued >>