The Body Shop Vitamin E Sink-In Moisture Mask

3.1

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, Glycerin, Cyclomethicone, Propylene Glycol, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil, Gossypium herbaceum (Cotton) Seed Oil, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Diglycerin, Methyl Gluceth-20, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Panthenol, Phenoxyethanol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Benzyl Alcohol, Lecithin, Methylparaben, Sodium Hydroxide, Fragrance, Disodium EDTA, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben, Red 4.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I used to be in love with this product and have bought it repeatedly for myself as well as my mother in the past. I used to feel its goodness on my skin.
It never has broken me out but of late, i dont notice it doing anything special for my skin either.
The smell lately of this product isnt pleasing at all. it doesnt moisturize the skin also and seems to stick superficially to the skin instead of sinking in.
I dont know if they have changed the formula or something but it doesnt seem to sink into the skin any more.
It has done no harm but i dont notice it doing anything good either. So i am not going to buy this again. For night cream purpose i am planning to try out Nutriganics smoothing night cream.

on 11/30/2012 12:06:00 PM

I really wanted to like this product, but no. No I don't. I felt like it made my skin feel dirty and clogged. It didn't feel or look smoother or brighter, my skin didn't feel nourished, and I am pretty sure it make me breakout a couple times. It sometimes made my skin feel irritated or burned and itched mildly while it was on, which other reviewers also noted. I also didn't like the packaging.

on 6/23/2012 10:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This is a nice product, in terms of how it works. It is a nice consistency, it goes on nicely and sinks in without ever feeling heavy or greasy. It moisturizes pretty well. I dont find it irritating at all. IThe part I hate about it, and the reason I won't repurchase, is the scent. I don't normally mind fragranced products, but this is WAY too heavy. It's a rosy sort of floral, very old lady like and super strong. It does dissipate but I find it unpleasant to use. Too bad, because I'd like it otherwise.

on 6/6/2012 7:43:00 PM

My experience is weird, My first jar was a miracle to me the one i loved and couldnt live without. I used to apply a bit daily on my cleanse and a bit wet face. my skin drank all that up and results were nice soft supple and hydrated skin without any grease at all.
When I finished my jar i couldnt found it in store for a month and finally when i got a new one i cant believe what happened. i used to apply as i did before but this time it gave me an allergic reaction my cheeks looked inflamed and non smooth with rashes. i didnt figure out till two weeks as i was so confident of my previous jar, as a precaution i stopped using this and within a day or two my skin starts getting better i was happy and sad at the same time for losing this product

on 4/4/2012 3:49:00 PM

This product caused me to have an allergic reaction. I want to start off by saying that I have extremely resilient skin and I RARELY have bad reactions to any products. The first time I used this was last week. When I applied it, it did have a burning sensation for about 10 seconds then it went away. I left it on for about 20 minutes and then rinsed it off and went to sleep. When I woke up the next day there were large patches of raised, itchy, red skin on my face. At that time I didn't think it was this product that caused the reaction because like I said, topical products don't usually cause reactions on my skin. I thought I had some sort of skin infection. So I made an appointment with the dermatologist but she wasn't able to see me until 5 days after (yesterday). During those 5 days I rubbed Atopalm on my skin religiously and it actually went almost back to normal, so I ended up canceling my dermatologist appointment because I was busy at work and couldn't get off to go. The patches just became these dry spots that were no longer red. I decided last night to use the moisture mask again hoping to relieve the dryness. HUGE MISTAKE. The red, itchy patches came back with a vengeance. I was embarrassed to even walk outside my house. It's soooo itchy as I write this. This time for sure I know it is this product that is causing this. I am going to the store after work today to return it and show them what it has done to my face. The only reason why I gave it 2 stars instead of 1 is that my skin did feel nice and moisturized before it had this reaction. I want to be fair and this probably will not happen to the majority of you, so if it doesn't then it should make your skin feel soft and moisturized. The burning sensation that I read about in many of these reviews concerns me though. Be careful! I would recommend a patch test before you apply it to your entire face!

on 3/8/2012 4:57:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I love this product - I'll admit that it has many disadvantages BUT it does what it says on the label which is what counts for me.
This product is around 10 at Body Shop - Quite reasonable but a little on the pricey side

Advantages:
IT WORKS! I have combination skin so I have to be careful about what moisturisers I use to avoid the excess oil, but at the same time my face needs to be hydrated as it gets really dry sometimes ... when my face is in need of rehydration because -- we all have those days where our face needs a bit of rapid moisture, this product is the best !! Some of us dont have time to wait around for hours whilst our moisturisers sink in so our face isnt like sandpaper - in 10 minutes after applying - my face is SO hydrated! Its so easy to apply and its invisible so it doesnt really look like you have a mask on.

Disadvantages:
I realise what the reviewers are saying -- and I do agree with them... When you put it on it does itch slightly and burn, I wish I could say that it wares off the more and more times you use it, but it doesn't. Because the moisturiser is so intense, it does irritate the skin - but it never left mine flaky or itchy after I took it off... you are only left with the great results.

Recommendations:
Can be used on all skin types - would not recommend combination skin or oily skin sufferers to use this product often, use it like me - when your having one of those dry days :)
DO NOT use this product if you have sensitive skin as it will irritate you.

I always have this in my make up draw -- I keep on purchasing.

Hope I helped. x

on 2/23/2012 7:06:00 PM

Nothing special. I use it once a week and didn't noticed any result. As for the texture, didn't like it at all. Too heavy, too sticky and leaves unpleasent feeling. I keep using it out of habit.

on 1/22/2012 11:11:00 PM

I didn't like this product at all. The moment I put it on it began to burn and itch. Once I took it off I didn't feel like it did any good, as if it coated and not actually "Sink-In". Didn't approve of this Vitamin E Body Shop line at all.

on 12/29/2011 9:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

AGGH! I'd give this a 0 if possible. I was so excited to try this product because my skin is like a desert during the winter. I put it on and within a minute or two my skin started itching and burning. I looked in the mirror, and my cheeks had blotchy red spots all over them. I immediately washed it off and they still itched and felt hot for awhile. Bleh. Took it back today. I guess I'll go back to my old faithful organic sweet almond oil.

on 12/13/2011 3:03:00 PM

After the cold weather has started, my cheeks have turned to a desert while the rest of my skin is slick with oil.

I've come to think it's all just dehydrated skin from harsh treatments like neutrogena I used in the past.

After putting this on in a thin layer as directed, it literally felt like nothing. It felt exactly the same as my moisturizer and yes, it did sink in, but still felt DRY! So I tried slobbing a nice thick layer on my skin which helped, but the dry feeling came back after about 10 minutes.

This cream kept reminding me, in smell and texture, of something I'd used before - PONDS!!!!! It smells exactly the same as the Ponds dry skin cream and works just as poorly. It just doesn't do it for me.

I got this on a sale day so I didn't feel so bad. I keep it handy as a moisturizer for my hands and such - not bad for that. I know some people use this just as a regular moisturizer.

I did try this as an overnight mask - my skin is so oily, though, that it was SO slick the next morning, but felt good because my cheeks are so dry and the oil felt good.

All in all, if you want to try this, buy some ponds for 5 dollars at a drug store and slather it on your face - smells and feels exactly the same.

Just not for me.