October 24, 2014 | 1171 users online

Blush - NARS - Cream Blush in Lokoum

rated 3 of 5 on 4/3/2010 3:58:00 PM More reviews by saroh87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've had this for some time now and I'm still on the fence about it...
When I swatched this on my hand at the store it looked gorgeous; a reddish-pinkish color with slightly brown undertones and gold shimmer. I love blushes with little bits of sparkle in them so I went ahead and bought it.
When I tried applying this with my fingers, I hated it. The color looked flat and muddy, the shimmer disappeared and the only color coming through was the red. However, when I tried it with a brush, it looked much better; the pinkiness showed up and the shimmer was there!
I prefer using Lokoum in the summer because it gives my cheeks a nice, just-got-home-from-a-day-at-the-beach kind of look, which I do like.
I also like using this on my lips but it can be drying so I always make sure to moisturize my lips really, really well before I put it on.
I should also mention that this blush is very pigmented so be sure to use a light hand with it :)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2010 9:50:00 PM More reviews by katrosado5

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wear early tan in colorstay foundation. I tried to wear this as a blush because I adore Nars blushes however it kept fading away on me.
After only 5 to 10 minutes after application it looked as though I had none on at all.
I do like this over a lip balm or gloss but it's not a showstopper when used that way.
The color is another issue too. It's lovely in the pan but once on face it initially looks to be a dirty plummy warm pink with slight golden shimmer. Emphasis on the dirty. Ick.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2009 5:37:00 PM More reviews by Caramellane

I love Nars cream blushes for their formula and unique shade selection, but Lokoum is a little boring to me and probably dupeable. Lokoum's color is similar to Turkish red, although it is a little lighter and less warm than turkish red. What I find boring about this shade, is that it does not provide a vibrant pop of color. This works for a neutral flush, but it doesn't excite me like Cactus Flower and Turkish Red do.
Edit: I'm actually really liking this, even though the color isn't unique, it works well with many looks. I can wear it with cool and warm looks, and the color is very easy to pull off.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/18/2009 10:03:00 PM More reviews by goodlight

I never liked cream blushes. I don't know why I thought this would be different. I am just kicking myself for not using the money to buy NARS Orgasm. I mean, there is a reason why thousands buy the product, and it's not all hype, right?

Anyway, Nars Lokoum cream blush is housed in the black rubbery Nars case that tends to get a little dirty after some handling. The color is kind of corally but when you swipe it with your fingers or brush (I used foundation brush), you also see pearly gold pearl in it too. The color is really pretty. When you just look at it.

But on my slightly yellow fair Asian skin, it doesn't really do anything to 'enhance the inner glow'. It just makes it ruddy, not in a good way. Sort of like when you blow your nose too much with a tissue and you get redness around the nose. It is that kind of redness. So when you put in on, it emphasizes the redness around my nose and mouth, even when I put foundation on the sides of my nose,etc.

And the lasting power is not that great either.

The main reason I don't like cream blush is because I don't like to rub off my sunscreen. So I apply it after moisturizer and before sunscreen. By the time I patted on my sunscreen it was gone.

Will not buy again.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2009 3:32:00 PM More reviews by xserenity

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like the shade of this blush. However, I took off 1 lippie, because the color disappeared on me after half an hour or so. Really disappointed.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2008 2:43:00 AM More reviews by kattymat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a VERY pigmented cream blush. I bought this after buying Dolce Vita powder blush and swapping it away because it was too dark and too brown. Lokoum is what I wanted Dolce Vita to be - a beautiful rose, no shimmer, just a natural flush that has buildability so would suit a lot of different skintones. It looks great and natural and I find myself using this a lot now (Spring) and was using it heaps in Winter. I love it.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/8/2008 12:06:00 AM More reviews by blkchinagurl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

IT'S OK,BUT THE COLOR LOOKS LIKE SOME OF MY MAC SHEERTONE SHIMMER BLUSH,SO FOR THE PRICE, I RATHER STICK WITH MAC

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2008 12:37:00 AM More reviews by Lisainsf

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Recently swapped for this blush, and I like it more than I expected to. Its a reddish color with gold shimmer and a hint of brown. I like it because when I put it on over foundation or bare skin and blend well, it's TOTALLY natural looking. (This is what I'm going for!!) If I add some bronzer or shimmery neutral blush over top of it, it's gives me noticeable but extremely natural-looking color. Shows up on me better than the other shades of Nars blush (which I LOVE btw), and better than any of the Multiples. This shade will probably work for you if you are olive/tan, but probably not if you are fair.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/10/2008 5:54:00 PM More reviews by Musicrazy

I really wanted to like this, but unfortunately, it was all wrong for me. First of all, the color seemed nice in it's packaging, but when I put it on, it made me look like I had a bad sunburn. Not really the look I was going for. Then on top of that, the cream sank into my pores and made them look like HUGE freckles!! Yuck. I don't think this is a bad product.... just a bad product for me. So beware, if you have tan colored combination skin and somewhat large pores, then this is probably not going to be for you either. I gave this product a 3, because it seemed like a quality product, but I couldn't give it more than a 3 because it just looked TERRIBLE on me and made my skin look worse than it really is.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2008 7:23:00 AM More reviews by Helen031

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a really versatile color. I use this more often than my other blushes because it matches all my other makeup. It's reddish color is cool toned but then it has gold shimmer in it which adds warmth. So it goes with both my warm colored and cool colored makeup colors. The texture is also very easy to apply.