August 1, 2014 | 1758 users online

Eye Shadow - Smashbox - Eyeshadow

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2009 5:14:00 PM More reviews by MsJuicyJ88

I own Torch by Smashbox and I love it it's so pigmented and stays on great! I def want more!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2009 4:55:00 PM More reviews by yuphehe

The only smashbox shadow i own were gift with purchase. I own a duo and a single. I have to say out of all eyeshadows I've tried, smashbox has the best texture. I find the MAC ones somewhat scratchy, Shu Uemura powdery (its hard to describe), Urban Decay feels loose, TooFaced dried, Stila have a sheen..... I can go on with the list, but I think its safe to say I've tried my share of shadows, and in terms of texture I really prefer Smashbox shadows over any other I've tried. Many brands are pigmented, Smashbox has just the right amount of pigmentation that i like, its hard to describe, but sometimes shadows are too pigmented.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2009 5:32:00 PM More reviews by remychic

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have Smashbox eyeshadows in Minx and Cinnamon Toast and I love both of them. The texture and pigment are great and the color payoff is fantastic. If you like MAC shadows, you will definitely love Smashbox. I can't wait to purchase other colors!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2009 6:54:00 PM More reviews by kimnn16

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i never realized how smooth and pigmented smashbox eyeshadows were! when i opened up my first pot from them, it reminded me instantly of mac. that is because mac's packaging uses black also and their pots are also cylinder like.i have cinnamon toast, such a gorgeous color! i've always gone to mac for a quick fix of eyeshadow but now it seems like smashbox is going to be it for me! i love the way cinnamon toast looks on my skintone, its a very goldish(but not over the top) brown. not muddy or bronzey as some tend to have a little hint of orange in it. would repurchase and repurchase and repurchase and you get the idea :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2009 1:31:00 PM More reviews by zreyes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This review if for Smashbox's Reign Eye Shadow Monarch Palette. Let me start of with the pricing. It's original price is $49 but right now it's only $29 so it's a good price. Packaging is very classy/elegant. It has a cushioned boxed pleather with magnetic closure in reddish-brown with a crest design that says "Smashbox Fall 2009 Collection". When you look at the bottom it just says what kind of palette it is and does not list the colors of the shadows which is really not a big deal. The mirror inside has a border of two gold lines on the top and bottom. The middle of the top line has a gold crown embossed which adds to the elegance of this product. This product does not include an applicator. As for the shadows, they are richly pigmented and it comes in both shimmery and matte colors. The matte colors are creamy to the touch but somewhat powdery when applied. I love the shimmery copper and dark brown shadows because you only have to touch them with the brush lightly and you will get a lot of colors. These same two colors looks great on my skin because I am Asian and I have a medium-to-medium light skin tone with dark brown eyes so it really works great. I can't wait to to purchase the other palette. Also, I have very sensitive eyes so I tend to be very selective with products that I use and so far this product has not aggravated my sensitive eyes. Two thumbs up for this product!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2009 9:48:00 AM More reviews by ChildOfTheMoon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a review for Single Eye Shadow in Smashing Midnight Black (1.7g) It doesnt seem to be available anymore. I rediscovered it in my giant makeup bag- dont even remember buying it- and decided to give it another try. I'm not a Smashbox fan- tested several of their products, but this and Cream Eye Liner are the only ones I own. Being faithful to Urban Decay's black eyeshadows, no wonder this one slipped my mind.
Anyhow, have to say I'm impressed. The texture is almost creamy- yet the effect is quite matte and the colour soft black. It's probably buildable but I like my black shadow soft and subtle. (and then go wild with the liner or mascara if I want more drama)
I paired this with ELF mineral eyeshadow in Natural, which is a nice nude shimmery wash. It softened the black significantly and resulted in the nicest softest black smoke.
This shadow cooperates wonderfully with my synthetic brushes. The pigment sticks to the bristles without any hassle. There is some fallout during application- definitely- and comparing to UD's flawless Zero this one isn't quite as good. But the fallout is minimal- it didnt stick to my cheeks and was easy to remove with a big powdered brush.
The packaging is sleek, minimal black, just in my taste. I'm not crazy about the price though.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2009 11:00:00 PM More reviews by obsessed098

I have CINNAMON TOAST. It is a dupe for MAC WOODWINKED. The only difference is in texture...Smashbox is of better quality. More pigmented, softer, and easier to blend. I can use less of CT than woodwinked to create the same look.

The color is gorgeous. On my skin it is a shimmery warm gold with brown undertones, very pretty and catches the light well. This is not a subdued eyeshadow, so if you are looking for "natural" or "mild" this is not for you. It's almost like liquid gold!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2009 9:32:00 PM More reviews by thesehazeleyez

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I recently purchased "minx" and really love the color. It goes on easily and is easily buildable to go from day to night. The only problem is that it settles into the crease even when I used primer. But I love the color and the pigmentation so I wouldn't hesitate to keep purchasing these shadows.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2009 2:31:00 AM More reviews by sexytresses

These are very good quality. I have some brown/bronze shimmer color and it last all day long. You can tell this isn't some "el cheapo" junk from the WalMart

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2009 2:49:00 PM More reviews by sarahharb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to love this quad (electric) but aside from the brown which is absolutely gorgeous the other shades are ....so so. the turquoise is pretty but a little too shimmery. the orange and yellow are so obvious and kind of cheap looking. but the brown is such a rich shade...stunning under club and also any purple. thats why i gave a 3