April 16, 2014 | 1578 users online

Hair Color - Revlon - Frost & Glow Highlighting Kit

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2013 12:52:00 PM More reviews by annahogan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

Wow. No more salon visits for touching up my ombré for $$$$!!!! I didn't use the cap. Just pulled small individual strands and colored them. Left on for 45 min which wasn't long enough. Next time I'll do 60! Color is amazing. I'm sold.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2013 10:04:00 PM More reviews by Emmulous

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

I never though one could actually do at-home highlights and make it look nice, but damn — this product is good!
It has amazing tools in it, and foolproof instructions, anyone could learn how to use the kit! I love it and will definitely repurchase this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2013 4:44:00 PM More reviews by countrybarbiexo94

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

this is hands down the best drugstore coloring kit I have ever used. I've been using this for all over color on my top layer and it comes out AMAZING. I used it once for over all and it came out a perfect, pretty blonde color. Now, I just use it to do my roots and it matches and blends so well. I even used this kit to add blonde highlights two weeks after I had gone chocolate brown at one point. This is my go to hair kit everytime. I have naturally dark blonde/light brown hair and I use the kit with the blonde short haired girl, lol. it works wonders. I definitely recommend this product and will continue to buy it. I actually have a kit sitting on my desk and , I will be using it tonight to get my pretty, light blonde color back. nothing beats such pretty salon like color for only $7!

Only downer is the packaging is always a little rough, and loose.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2013 2:57:00 PM More reviews by HeySamJo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

The SAME package from the 1990's, maybe 1980's? WHO CARES! I love this stuff and it is the ONLY thing I use to highlight my hair. I remember drooling after the girls in middle/high school who had this done to their hair. But, I never had the nerve to ask how/where they got it. Then one day by happenstance, I went over to a friends house and she just did her hair, and had the same effect as the girls at school! She showed me what she used and I have been using it ever since! It gives you a nice, non-brassy blond that blends super well! My friend had very dark brown hair, and I have dark blond, and it worked great on both of us!

I will say like many other reviewers that it does take some practice to get the "pulling the hair through the cap" thing down. The trick is to go slow and take your time. If you pull too much through, you can either push the hook up inside the cap and pull the hair back, or just take the cap off and start over. (The less experienced should do the latter).

I use this every spring AT LEAST, and will until they stop making it (heaven forbid!)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2013 9:39:00 PM More reviews by jkmartinjk

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I have NEVER coloured/died/highlighted/streaked my hair at a salon or by myself, I had VIRGIN hair people!

Feeling fearless one day I picked this up at London Drugs for $13.00, and thought 'what the heck!' I did it at home, myself, no help from anyone. I have a mirror that has two pull out sides so I can see the back of my head, so it was a real treat! It look me quite a while to get my hair through the holes (I did every other hole), but it was worth it!

I read the reviews about it starting out orange, but I never saw that. I can't remember exactly, but I think I left it in for 15-20 minutes and washed it out and had beautiful honey blonde streaks! It was awesome, I'm so happy with them! I kept the cap and hook for future use, so I can just buy any colour from any brand.

But this product is awesome! It looks so natural! Thanks Revlon :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2013 11:23:00 AM More reviews by Sarahjuang

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this highlighting kit, since im asian I was scared that the highlights would have more red undertones because my hair is really dark brown but this kit was amazing and and my highlights are more golden then red. This kit is super easy to use but I reccomend having someone help you because it can be pretty difficult to get certain parts. The first time I used this kit, I didn't foil my hair and left the dye in for about 30 min, the highlights were super super sutble but did make a small difference. I bought the kit again because I wanted stronger highlights and I did foil it and I left it in for about 45 min, the highlights were much stronger and a lot more noticeable. I was very worried that the kit used bleach because I had bleached my hair before for dip dying and my hair felt like hay, this kit didn't damage my hair as much as the bleach so I was extremely pleased. Its been several months and the highlights have faded a tiny bit but my hair feels pretty healthy. I highly recommend this highlighting kit and I want to continue using it. Btw, I got the Honey color and I was worried it would be too light for my dark hair but it looks really good.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2013 7:01:00 PM More reviews by ckourt

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely LOVED the results of this product!

I originally had light/medium brown hair and used the "blonde" kit first (which I left for about 15 minutes - definitely could have left it in longer). Then I used the "platinum" kit for some extra light highlights (20 minutes).

The application was pretty easy but lengthy (I needed my mom's help). But it was totally worth it. My hair had a red/brassy tint from other lightning sprays and this kit took all the brassiness out of my hair - it's gorgeous! My hair is now a beautiful honey blonde (with no red/orange tint). This product is incredible and so is the price!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2013 12:58:00 AM More reviews by juicyjub07

This stuff is AMAZING! I bought the medium shade (blonde to light brown) and I absolutely love it! In the past, I've always bought the frost & glow from Clairol which was great but always ended up with some strands that were not evenly coloured.

I absolutely LOVE THE COLOUR! I'm a dark blonde with a lot of honey highlights previously made at the salon but had a huge regrowth because of the summer. Now I look like I'm a natural honey blonde and I absolutely love it! At first I was scared to bleach already bleached hair but it didn't at all, the product made my hair even shinier and perfectly healthy (the cause for it might be the secret amazing conditioner offered in the box which gives you gorgeous smooth hair)

Of course it's kind of difficult with the cap and if you want to do the back you'll have to get help from someone. But it's worth it. 12 bucks for almost the same thing of what you would have got at the salon !

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2013 12:24:00 PM More reviews by librarygirl85

Amazing. I haven't colored my hair for over 10 years and wanted a change. I used the Frost and Glow for Medium to Dark Brown hair - It looks very even and natural. I did this myself and did all the holes with circles. Next time I think I'll do all the holes since I want a more dramatic look, but what I ended up with looks nice (and my boyfriend loves it!).

You can do this on your own. It took about an hour or so to do all the holes with circles. I used another mirror in conjunction with my bathroom mirror - but it will probably be easier and take less time if you have help. The cap rinses off clean in the shower. I'm saving it an will probably use it to add other colors of highlights to my hair since the concept is easy and other hair dyes are less expensive.

I do like the shade of blonde it went - very natural and subtle, but still makes a statement. I will probably do bigger strands next time - also, a little goes a long way! I had a ton of product left over.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/16/2013 5:46:00 PM More reviews by carouselgirl2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

For the price, this product performed well. No way you could pull the hair through the cap all over by yourself. Thankfully, my husband helped with the back. Be careful not to pull too much hair through each hole.