Burt's Bees Beeswax & Banana Hand Creme

3.3

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

sweet almond oil, aqua, beeswax, kaolin, stearic acid, parfum, grapefruit fruit extract, glycerin, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, tocopherol, sunflower seed oil, carrageenan extract, soybean oil, beta-carotene, sodium borate, glucose, sodium chloride, sodium benzoate, vegetable oil, glucose oxidase, lactoperoxidase, citral, citronellol, eugenol, geraniol, limonene, linalool.

on 6/17/2012 9:30:00 PM

First of all I really like the packaging, it's very attractive to look at and catches your eye.
Although it is heavy and I wouldn't like to have it in my bag as it would take up a lot of space and would weigh my bag down.
The smell is amazing, it's so good that I wish I could eat it.
The texture in the pot is really creamy and feels lovely on your hands at first but unfortunately leaves a oily finish and doesn't dry very fast so I don't use it very much anymore.

on 6/13/2012 12:18:00 AM

The banana fragrance is convincing and not too overwhelming and the consistency is rich and makes my hands feel soft. I do find it a bit greasy, though, and so I don't reach for it often.

on 5/26/2012 11:51:00 AM

This is my favorite hand cream, that being said it is much thicker than lotion and does not sink in as well (as others have mentioned). It's the banana scent that wins me every time, it smells to me like Wonka Laffy Taffy Mmmm... To me this is a treat to use , and I will continue to as long as I can get my hands on it. I purchase this from vitacost.com as I cannot find it in stores where other Burt's items are sold. One other use for this is on my lips at night as a moisture boost.

on 4/4/2012 10:34:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Like the Almond hand cream, I initially found the scent overwhelmingly strong and cloying. But like that one this scent grew on me as well. This is a very thick, slow to absorb, wax based hand cream. If you have very dry hands that's a plus, as the sheen and feel of the cream linger. I have very dry skin, so this is a quality I like in a hand cream. I can see why others with less than very dry skin, might not find a thick, slow to absorb cream, ideal. The scent is more banana candy than tropical by the way. There are so many hand creams on the market, but if you like gourmand/food scents, and need a very heavy duty, fairly natural product to moisturize dry hands, this is a fair option, and very good if your skin is very dry. I'd suggest buying a trial sized kit or BB products to see what you like before buying full sized. I would repurchase and said so but because of my dry skin problems, I have many creams and like to try new ones.

on 4/4/2012 10:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Unlike most of the other reviewers I didn't mind this. It wasn't what I expected. It's waxy more than creamy and takes ages to sink in. The banana scent wasn't as nice as I'd hoped - it was strongly scented and became a bit sickly after a while.

The jar it came in was nice. It was easy to get every last bit of it. You don't get as much product as I was expecting although a little of this stuff does go a long way so the jar lasted me from october to the end of march.

It did do a great job of healing and protecting my dry, chapped hands though. I ended up using another hand cream most of the day and putting this one on as a treatment at night or when working outside in the winter.

I won't buy this again, mainly because I wasn't keen on the scent, but I might try the almond one next winter.

on 12/13/2011 10:47:00 PM

The creme is in this awful glass pot that makes it so hard to get out without getting it all under my nails. Then its terribly sticky and hard to spread out, and 20 minutes later, my skin is literally making rasping noises when I rub my hands together because IT IS SO DRY. Worst hand cream. Much preferred the tiny Nivea tins - smelled great (very light) and did a decent job moisturizing.

on 11/29/2011 6:53:00 PM

eeemmm....really dislike this cream! I bought it without reading any of the reviews...now regret it! It smells like banana in the pot, but as soon as I apply it it gets that nasty old gone off cream smell...not nice. Its super thick and sticky!!!! I wanted to use it during the night anyway...but its not really moisturising. Its ok...I think Nivea does pretty much the same job.
Wouls not buy it again))))

on 11/3/2011 4:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

My hands were insanely dry. An acquaintance suggested Burt's Bees hand creme. I picked up a jar (without opening to smell). I really dislike the chemical-banana smell. Product is pretty difficult to work onto hands. This product now sits, mostly unused, in a drawer. Overall, I would not buy again, and I would discourage others from buying.

on 11/3/2011 3:47:00 PM

Sticky!!! I tried it once and took a lot if scrubbing to get it off my hands. I thought I got a faulty one but now I know it's not after reading the reviews.
Don't waste your money.

on 11/3/2011 3:41:00 PM

I hate this crap. I have hand eczema, and bought this once in highschool on an impulse from Rite Aid, and it is a sticky, bad-smelling mess! My favorite hand creme is probably Aveda's....it smells just heavenly!

Top Rated Burt's Bees Products