Revlon Perfect Heat Professional 1 inch

3.1

on 8/6/2008 1:18:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Well, it works okay. It get really hot and straightens well...for the first two times you use it. Then it starts to work, well, crappy, and it dies in a month. I went through three in three months. Not worth it.

on 6/24/2008 12:39:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

It's ALRIGHT. I find it mostly gets the job done, but I wouldn't use it everyday. It gets hot enough mostly, but my hair doesn't look very shiny. At all... In fact it's the opposite. I like it better than the larger white one they used to sell. I'm giving in and getting CHI when I get the chance though. I'm getting tired of how long it takes to get good results with this. I don't know if fries my hair because my thermal protection spray is wonderful.

on 12/14/2007 11:44:00 PM

This was the worst hair straightener I have ever used. It completely ruined my hair. Although it SAYS ceramic, i guarantee it is not 100%. Even my hair dresser pointed out how bad my hair condition became after using it. It constantly snagged my hair during every single use. I think I only used this for maybe 2 months because it's all I had at the time. I won't be using it again.

on 8/8/2007 12:50:00 PM

This is a very good product and it's well worth the price. It's no Chi or Sedu, but it does the job for me even if my hair is a bit thick and semi-wavy. And it's ceramic, so it doesn't damage my hair. =)

on 3/7/2007 10:15:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I've had this flat iron for about 3 years now. Granted, I don't use it everyday, but it works well for me when I do use it. I have A LOT of hair and it is wavy, but very fine (so frustrating!), but this works well to straighten it and keep it straight. I have a shorter haircut that requires me to use the flat iron more often and I can get my hair as flat and straight as I need it.

This flat iron is not by any means comparable to a CHI, or any other high quality brand, so if you have thick or curly hair, this will probably not work for you.

UPDATE: I have a CHI now, but I find myself using the Revlon more often. I usually do my hair at work because I don't have time in the morning, and I'm too paranoid to take my CHI and leave it there. I leave the Revlon in my cabinet, and it is obviously not of the same quality of the CHI, but it gets the job done. My hair is just as straight, but doesn't look as shiny as it does when I use the CHI, but my hair is pretty healhy, anyway, so it does shine.

on 11/1/2004 2:51:00 PM

I've been trying to save money and not splurge on a Chi ceramic straightener, and consequently have spent nearly the price of one (at least $100) on inferior ceramic/steam heat straighteners. I have fine to medium hair that is slightly wavy and there is no way that this straightener (even on the highest setting, #25) could make an impact on my hair heatwise. A huge disappointment.
Other than that, pretty standard design and it doesn't feel or look cheap so I'm giving high marks for packaging and nothing else.

on 3/8/2004 10:44:00 PM

It'd been working well for me until the ceramic coating peeled off after about 6mo. I wasn't even using it everyday...

on 12/8/2003 7:53:00 AM

This curling iron did not generate enough heat for my hair. I have a mixture of hair, straight/curly/kinky/wavy and this did absoutlely nothing. Since I don't curl my hair often I will stick with my Golden Hot curling iron.

on 10/27/2003 12:41:00 AM

Get the Chi/Hai hair for a fraction of the cost! 250 Watts, 25 heat settings (which is enough!), 60 sec heat up, not as damaging as a normal styling iron, results last and last... and did I mention that it's only $29.99 US? A hugely worthwhile investment I'm glad I made, even if I have to travel to the US to get it!