Laura Mercier Rose Glace Lip Gloss

4.2

on 9/24/2008 6:14:00 AM

Okay, this is probably the second worst lip gloss I have ever tried - it comes in a close second to Elizabeth Arden's High Shine lip gloss. It applies beautifully, is pigmented, and reminds me slightly of liquid lipstick on your lips - but, it basically feels like someone made you eat one of those horribly chemically smelling 80ies lipsticks. It has completely killed all of my other potential Laura Mercier lemmings, which is just as good. The packaging is really cheap looking as well, the silver wears off easily and it doesn't feel "good" in my hand. I give it 3 lippes, though, because the contents of the lip gloss is pretty good, but the taste and smell is just so unbearable.

on 9/11/2008 7:51:00 AM

I love this product, and the color is great for summer. I am using the last of this tube up now with a darker liner which is working out great for fall. I am so disappointed that this color is being discontinued!

on 8/28/2008 3:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Love this lip gloss!
Long lasting and not goopy.
Also the smell is to die for.

on 1/14/2007 5:10:00 AM

I must have tried EVERY single brand of lipgloss and could not find a single one that wasnt too sticky or goopy. I fell in love with LM lip gloss as soon as I put it on. It isn't too thick and sticky...and doesn't dry out my lips.

on 1/4/2007 7:34:00 AM

I tried many many lip glosses, from Bourjois, Chanel, to Dior, and I had no luck with them. They were usually uneven, sticky, runny, and within an hour or so they've dissapeared.

For Christmas I've got a Laura Mercier lip glace.
Not fan of lip glosses because of my bad experiences with them, I didn't even tried it on straight away. But a few days later, I've put it on just to try it, in the house. My First reaction was okay, this is not bad, when I applied it on, it was not sticky, it was even, glossy and light. A few hours later, my fiance came home and complimented how nice my lips were. I was amazed, it was still on, shiny, and even. It gave my lips a beautiful natural shine, the colour was beautiful, and it stayed on for hours. Highly recommended product! And like I said I am not a fan of lipglosses, but this was absolutely perfect!!!

on 11/24/2006 11:50:00 AM

This is one of those products where you use it and you think it's beautiful but for some reason, it falls by the wayside cause you find other things just as pretty. I'm a MAC NC30 with black hair and eyes. I have medium pink pigmented lips and this is wonderful on it. The colour is of fresh light pink roses with a lucious glossy effect and subtle shimmer. I really like it a lot but I haven't had the urge to claim it as 'HG'.

It has good pigmentation but still allows your lips to show through a bit so it's not horribly cakey on. The texture is medium tacky but stays on well to last several hours. It's probably the colour Grace Kelly would wear should she like gloss. Lovely but not outstanding is what I use as a short description for this.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

After purchaseing several of the LM glaces, and owning them for a few months, I am deeply disappointed in them. I own a great many glosses in all price ranges (L'oreal to Chanel), and it is so rare that glosses deteriorate and begin to smell rancid. But all 4 of my glaces have gone bad in just a few months time. I had it happen to a MAC lipglass Tasti, but good grief, those were discontinued long ago, and one can understand due to the age of the product. But these were new, and I am really disappointed. Would absolutely not purchase again. Vastly over-rated.

on 4/3/2006 6:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This is my favorite lip gloss. Very pretty true pink with sparkly shimmer. I've started to grow out of my sparkly phase for lip glosses and I've been looking for glosses with a more subtle look, but every time I put on Rose Glace I can't help but LOVE it. I've probably purchased this gloss about 6 or more times!! Mostly because I keep losing them, but if I lost any of my other lip glosses I would probably just go buy something different. However, this is something that I always have to have. This is the only lip gloss that I've ever repurchased, and it's definitely a staple. Packaging is not great, as some of my tubes have been known to leak, bur I love the wand. Also, to keep it lasting longer, I will pump some MAC lipglass into the tube once it's about half empty. The color is still great, but it's less sparkly and just the tiniest bit sheerer, and I like the result even more than I do with pure Rose Glace by itself. I find myself very impatient to use it up to the point where I almost can't wait to be able to put some Lipglass in there! It can be a little messy for a beginner, but I've mastered the art :)

on 3/12/2006 7:47:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I love this l/g and hereīs why: My favourite eye makeup is anything lavender/purple colored, and this l/g works really well with those. Itīs almost a YLBB on me (I have very pigmented lips), but it still makes such a difference and sort of makes the rest of the makeup look better. I also like the texture (itīs not sticky and goes on very evenly) and the staying power is ok. No complaints at all

on 1/25/2006 8:25:00 PM

I love this gloss. It feels great on and makes it through day. It doesn't have the sticky feel that most brands have. I have been search for a while for a glass that is not sticky with good color. I have tried many glosses and am a Sephora junky. I have found that I can't deal with the tacky texture or Mac ECT. Glosses I hate when your hair sticks to your lips. With this gloss I have found a great wearable gloss. It has great packaging and the prettiest shimmer that is classy without being too much. It is worth every cent.

Popular Lip Glosses