December 21, 2014 | 1230 users online

Brows - The Body Shop - Eyebrow kit

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2013 3:19:00 AM More reviews by Sjess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

My first brow powder! Normally I use Too Faced Brownie in the dark brown version but I wanted to try something different because Too Faced isn't sold here in the Netherlands anymore. TBS had a makeup special offer (25% off if you bought 2 items) so I bought this little kit together with a colour crush lipstick. At first I wasn't really happy with it, I have it in 3, and while the dark brown is spot on, wth was I supposed to do with the black..? I revisited the reviews here and BAM! Lightbulb!! As a liner! (Yup, I can be a bit dim sometimes :) ) Normally I use a felt tip eyeliner to draw a neat little line right on my lashline but now I use this! It gives a real natural effect as opposed to the eyeliner. Love it! The soft little straight brush is perfect for applying it as well. About the other brush I'll tell it straight: crap. Too rough and scratchy. I use an ordinary slanted brush from the DS instead.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2013 5:55:00 AM More reviews by cocoacloud

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

The Body Shop - Eyebrow kit

The Body Shop has really been stepping up their products over the years, especially their makeup and skincare products, and I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised with the quality of their eyebrow kit! To be honest, this is the first brow powder I bought, so perhaps take my review with a grain of salt!

The kit comes with two shades (there are 3 shade duos in total), I got the dark brown/black duo (for reference, I have Asian skintone and black hair). It comes in a round, mirrored case, and a folding brush applicator. As I'm lazy, I do actually use the brush applicator to do my brows and while I recognise that it's not the best, it does its job, and it does it well! As a result, my brows are soft and tapered, and not one bit harsh. I tend to use dark brown most of the time, as black is a little severe on my complexion. I find that it's hard to mess up when using this, as it's quite a buildable product.

It's worth mentioning that I live in Southeast Asia where it is very humid the whole year round. As I don't use any brow primer/brow gel, I find that it is able to last up to 8 hours or so!

I don't think I'll be repurchasing this anytime soon, because it actually lasts for ages (I've been using this here and there for 2 years, and I haven't made a dent), and also because I would want to try other brow pencils in the future.

UPDATE 23/9/2013
Alright, I've upgraded this brow kit to 5 stars, and I will repurchase in the future because I've finally equipped myself with an eyebrow brush, and after applying it with a proper tool, I'm quite impressed with how well it glides on, fills in my brows, and stays put the entire day - even without eyebrow gel! Also, during this time I was invited to a Tom Ford makeup event and bought myself one of their pricey eyebrow pencils. The pencil was pretty nifty, and was angled in a way that allows you to fill in your brows easily, but to be honest, I prefer this brow kit because of its duo shades, WAY more affordable price, and very reliable staying power!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2013 10:30:00 AM More reviews by nurfitras

I've been searching for the perfect match color for my eyebrows since they're a bit sparse, together with my black hair and medium skin tone. I have used dark grey brow pencils before (even dark brown eye shadow) to fill my eyebrows, and they don't look that natural.
The pursuit is over since I found this kit! Definitely my holy grail eyebrow filler kit ever. I have this little eyebrows (and life) saver in shade 03. I prefer my eyebrows to have similar color to my hair so I feel more confident and comfortable with 2 darker shades this 03 offers. The applicator included inside is not useful at all, so I use my etude slanted brow brush. To get the perfect and natural shade I just mix the colors, tapping the brush over brown and grey. It stays all day! Never use it for liner though.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2013 8:03:00 PM More reviews by keekz

I would def. purchase this again and has become an HG for my eyebrows. The looks is so natural yet striking, if that makes sense? I used to use thousands of different eyebrow fillers, from pencils to liquid fillers and now this powder.

I cant remember what the price was at the time, but i dont remember it being steep. I like the fact that there are two colours, although i only use the darker shade of brown for my eyebrows. I use the lighter colour for my contouring (sneaky hehe).

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2013 12:41:00 PM More reviews by Roaa94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

I love this product! I bought it in 03 at first sense I have a dark brown hair and my eyes are black, but because my skin is light and my brows are thick it kinda looks a little bit harsh. after a while I bought it in 02 which is kinda light, so now I use the 02 (the darkest one in the 02) over my brows and add 03 (the lightest one in the 03) on the end -tail- of my brow. That gives me an ombre effect and super natural look! Also, this may sound extreme but I use the lightest shade in 02 to contour my face! this sounds crazy but the shade is just perfect because it doesn't have orange-y tones and it's more of taupe-y, grayish color so it's amazing for contouring!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2013 3:04:00 PM More reviews by ShanxCora

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My HG!!! Ive got this in the shade 03 which is the dark brown and the black shade
Im a brown caramelly colour and i dye my hair jet black - mixing the two powder shades (which last all day unless i want to top it up lightly if im oily forehead has washed away some of the colour) so its not a block black colour works a wonder, i use the brush the short end, its rather and doesnt help shape so i suggest you pencil outline first but filling the brow in is just fine
I would buy it again and again and for 10 ive had it since before the summer and its just great ive not hit pan and theres still so much product there to last

A definite go getter !

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2012 10:13:00 PM More reviews by metisroyalty

I picked this up today on a whim. TBS was having a 50% off sale on makeup, and since I've been without a good eyebrow product for a while I bought it. It was only $9.25. The saleslady suggested I use the lighter version but I have such dark hair and eyebrows/lashes as it is I thought the darker version would suit me better. The brush that comes with it absolutely sucks. I tried it out in the car after we left the mall and it scraped off some of the shadow. I definitely don't recommend using it. I used my Quo slanted brush when I got home and got fantastic results. If you're looking for smooth application (with the proper brush) and fantastic staying power I suggest this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2012 7:25:00 AM More reviews by RehamArfaj

I love this product so much, it is heaven.
Even though i dislike the brush comes in the kit.
I definitly will buy it again and will throw the ugly brush

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2012 5:27:00 PM More reviews by whiteblackcat

Great product! Easy to apply, long lasting. Offers dark brown shade for more natural look, black - for more drama look. One of my favs!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2012 4:59:00 AM More reviews by Myra122

I simply love this product! I have thick Dark Brown hair but my eyebrows are sparse which somehow make me look tired. I dont even remember how I landed up using this product but I am glad I did because it makes my eyebrows look great and totally natural. I somehow never got the hang of eyebrow pencils because they take a lot more time and precision to apply and the end result is never completely natural. With this nobody is able to tell that I have filled them in.

PROS
1) Two colors so can use either or both depending on the requirement.
2) Very long lasting.I have been using it for the past two years every single day and there is still a lot left!
3) Easy to apply.Takes me just a minute or two.Seriously.
4) Looks natural.
5) Lasting power is allright.If it isnt too humid then it might even last all day.

CONS
1) Could be a little cheaper but considering how long it lasts I dont really mind.
2) The applicator inside is unnecessary. I use a different brush.