August 1, 2014 | 1748 users online

Shampoo - Redken - Hair Cleansing Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2014 12:58:00 PM More reviews by cheshirecatds

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I began using this 1-2 times a week when I started using sulfate-free shampoo because I noticed a lot of buildup near my roots. It works beautifully, getting rid of the heavy, greasy feeling without stripping my hair. Smell is a bit strong, but pleasant, and doesn't linger in your hair. Definitely recommend it to those in need of a clarifying shampoo.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/14/2013 6:52:00 PM More reviews by RoseannaDanna

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I recently bought a bottle of this shampoo hoping it would be of the conditioning/clarifying variety. While some of the reviews stated that it was just that, others stated that it left their hair dry and unmanageable. After washing 3 times with the shampoo I realized that my results fit under the latter category with the additional adjective: tangly. I just returned the bottle to Ulta.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2013 6:16:00 PM More reviews by threecats

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My HG shampoo. Clarifying but moisturizing. My hair seems to stay cleaner for a few more days when I've washed with this. And it does not strip my color (double processed hair). My hair seems softer, more manageable after I've used Redken Hair Cleansing Cream. I get the 1 liter bottle and alternate it with my next favorite, Rusk Sensories Calm.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2013 6:38:00 AM More reviews by rocksmom

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Love this stuff. While I don't use a lot of product, I do have super hard water and this really helps remove the mineral build up. I noticed after the first use that my ends were softer and my hair overall looked less brassy. I usually leave it in for several minutes, not sure if it makes a difference or not though. I haven't noticed any dryness from it, and just use regular conditioner afterwards. Nothing heavy needed. I would definitely recommend it for those with well water or other source of hard water.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2013 12:37:00 AM More reviews by juicyjub07

WOW. Such a big revelation. I would have never believed that a cleansing shampoo could be so effective. It has been more than one month that, every time I washed my hair, my roots would be all greasy. I though that it was stress but it turns out that it was building up from the shampoo I was using (Herbal essence- honey). After the first use, I had no more greasy hair, all gone! It's been 4 days that I haven't washed my hair and they still look clean. The smell is nice (citrus I think) and it doesn't take much of product to be effective. I would buy it again, anytime.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2013 3:03:00 PM More reviews by TrendyTina88

I have fine blonde color treated hair, and I was looking for a clarifying shampoo that would not be too harsh. I also have oily hair and my hair can get lifeless really easily from all the build up. Let me just say this product takes the cake! For starters it got all the gunk out of my hair and left my hair full of volume and bounce. The ends of my hair start to look and feel like straw when I have build up, and this shampoo cleared that right up too.
I had to use a deep moisturizing mask (Kerastase) afterwards on the lengths, but that was just enough moisture to give my hair the shine it needed!
Overall I loved it because it gave my hair its zest back, didn't dry it out or damage it, AND i was able to go 4 days before it got greasy again! Normally my hair gets greasy within a day, so that was wonderful. I really think that clarifying hair every other week is CRUCIAL to having healthy locks. Especially if you are more oily or use a lot of dry shampoo, hair spray, mousse, etc. LOVE THIS!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2013 11:07:00 AM More reviews by rp1017

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really hate to bust up the great reviews, however, Redken's Hair Cleansing Cream did not work at all on my hair and if anything it made my hair look worse. I never had an issue with hair build-up ...... I always thought that hair build-up would make your hair look greasy but that is not always the case as my hair looked dry, and frizzy but I had a few sections that felt sticky so after googling my hair issues and doing research here at MUA, I decided to try a clarifying shampoo ...... the Hair Cleansing Cream had such great reviews but it made my hair look horrible after my first use even though I used a deep conditioner afterwards ..... I decided to purchase VO5's clarifying shampoo and conditioner which also has excellent reviews and I could not believe the difference (I still had to use a deep conditioner, however my hair felt and looked great.) If Redken's Hair Cleansing Cream does not work for you, please try VO5's clarifying shampoo and conditioner.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2013 11:54:00 AM More reviews by aimeejmpr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i use this once a week to get all the build up products OUT of my hair. i absolutely love this stuff. i can definitely feel a difference in my hair afterward and it feels good just knowing all that gunk is out of my hair. i follow up with my redken extreme deep conditioner to put the moisture back in. my hair feels flawless. it smells lemony! girls with colored hair, be careful because it will wash out some your color if you dye your hair darker!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2013 10:57:00 AM More reviews by jpe020

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

My hair is frizzy, puffy and sometimes wavy sometimes curly. I have to use a lot of product if I want my hair to look good. I use shea moisture curling shampoo (wish I love) however, it does leave build up in my hair. I use the Redken shampoo every now and then (maybe 3 times a fortnight) and it definitely removes all the build up! Leaves my hair super clean and soft. Not squeeky at all which is great! Definitely recommended!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2013 9:58:00 AM More reviews by MisstinaaR

Amazing. I use this once every 2 weeks to get all the product and dry shampoo build up out of my hair. Works great! And my hair is clean and feels fresh after! Use a moisturizing shampoo with it and a good conditioner because it can be drying because it's taking all the buildup out of your hair. Do not use more than once a week! Depending on how much buildup you have in your hair, you may not even need this or only have to use it about every 2 weeks! Depends how much product you use on a daily basis!