October 25, 2014 | 1660 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - L'Oreal - Dermo Expertise Gentle Eye Make Up Remover for Eyes and Lips - WATERPROOF

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2012 10:54:00 AM More reviews by lollsazz

I really like this! I have gone through probably 10 bottles already (used it for many years). To finish up one bottle takes me about 1,5 months, but it's individual how much people use. I do get that some people might not like this, but I guess I use this in a slightly different way than other people.
This takes off any of my waterprood makeup - even Estee Lauder's Double Wear foundation and Avon's Shock Waterproof Mascara :) I wear a full face of makeup every day, and much of it is waterproof, which means I really need to get all of it off - else I'd ruin my skin. Aside from that this takes off everything, I also love it because it doesn't irritate my sensitive skin.
How I use it: I shake it up, put a little in my palm, take a little over in my other palm and rub it all over my face with my hands. I began cleansing my face like this because I have sensitive skin, which means excessive rubbing is really bad for it - hands are good, but cotton pads feels like sandpaper on my skin. After I have smeared all of my makeup and I see that all of it is dissolved, I wash my face with a cleanser, because the oils would probably have broken my skin out if I just left them on my face. As the last step, I moisturise my skin.
My method of removing makeup is probably the main thing (together with using the right type of moisturiser) that has kept me black-head-free. Would I recommend this? Yes, to people with sensitive skin that use a lot of makeup and are willing to take an extra step to remove this with a soapy cleanser, because I'm not sure about how the skin would react if the oils were just left on it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2012 6:52:00 PM More reviews by Kayraven

I am on my second bottle of this and absolutely love it! I have been using Lancome's Bi-Facil before until I found this. It's quite the same thing, but costs much much less. I also tried RoC's Multi-Action MU Remover Milk, which stung my eyes and wouldn't get eye MU off without rubbing hard. So I went back to this. It is very gentle, doesn't sting the skin, doesn't require any long rubbing, doesn't smell much and conditions the lashes and skin with the oils. It does a great job removing waterproof and strong MU like gel and liquid eyeliners and mascara. I also use it for removing long-wear or matte lipstick, also works great.
Tip: first, shake well before use. Then apply to a cotton ball or pad and press it gently to your lid. Hold it for a couple of seconds (depends on how much eye MU you have on) and wipe it all off. Most probably all of it won't come off with one wipe and you might want to wipe once more to get rid of everything.
I would not recommend using it on your entire face because the oils in the liquid could clog pores or break out sensitive skin.

UPDATE: I have realized that this is what has been erosive to my eyes after the sales girl pointed out that it was too harsh! And I was blaming Estee Lauder eye creams! This has totally eaten away and burned out my extremely sensitive eye area. This is a nice product unless you have sensitive skin. Switched to Clarins' Instant Eye Make Up Remover, so much better!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2012 1:44:00 PM More reviews by Kirs13

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this, it doesn't hurt my eyes, it get the makeup off without too much trouble and it doesn't leave that greezy feeling almost all other makeup removers I have tried does. My best friend uses Clinique Take The Day Off and if I remember correctly(used it once at a sleepover, before buying this) it was slightly better. So I don't doubt that there are better makeup removers out there, but not at this price and I am not willing to pay 3 times as much for something thats maybe slightly better. So I think I'll be stiking with this, if something works don't fix it :P
(I use waterproof mascara daily)
Edit: Just wanted to share a little side note. Before I switched to this makeup remover I was using a really poor one and my lashes turned really thin and extremely troublesome to work with, I started applying abit of extra virgin olive oil to my lashes every night and they are now in a much, much better condition. :) Just a little tip (you can also use vaseline.)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2011 11:21:00 PM More reviews by Kklaz

This did a great job of removing waterproof mascara. It took about 1 moistened cotton ball per eye. It did not sting my eyes like I expected and seemed very gentle. It does leave a greasy residue, but I take my makeup off at night and wash my face, so it wasn't a concern for me. The only downside was that it seemed to run out quickly.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2011 4:37:00 PM More reviews by kblakes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This product is great at removing waterproof and water-resistant eye makeup without having to rub. Doesn't sting or make my vision cloudy.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2011 5:22:00 AM More reviews by racmal01

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This stuff matches or bests all the high-end water-proof makeup removers I have used. I would sincerely recommend you try this. To me it almost identical to the Clarins eye makeup remover at less than half the price.

I have used Lancome, Estee Lauder, Clarins, and Clinique routinely for years. Clarins was always my preferred remover and it costs AUD$42 in the department stores. This was I think about AUD$16? in the supermarket *chuckles*

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2011 8:02:00 PM More reviews by coutdl

After I heard about this on youtube, I looked EVERYWHERE for this. I must have looked 7+ places and almost gave up, but I am SO incredibly glad I didn't give up. (I think it's at some K-marts and Walgreens!)
I use the most ridiculously waterproof mascara and nothing would take it off. I tried everything including vaseline. It didn't even work as well as this did.

I use two "tips" for each eye, hold the cotton pad over my closed eye for about ten seconds and WIPE (don't have to rub!!) off. I'm super lazy so I usually slack when it comes to makeup removal, but this doesn't take more than a minute total. It is very greasy, but if you take off your eye makeup before you wash your face you're good to go.

I've used this for about a week and I love it. I felt my eyelashes the other day and couldn't figure out why they felt so weird...Then I realized they were CLEAN. No residue whatsoever, and my eyelashes look healthy and haven't been breaking off! Next time I go out I'm stocking up because it was hard to find and I can't imagine using anything else!
Definitely worth a try. For $7 might as well!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2011 5:04:00 AM More reviews by jjbug82

very affordable and very efficient! and most important, it doesn't irritate my eyes (my eyes are sensitive because i wear contact lens very often). during travelling i actually just use this alone for all makeup removal, and it seriously cleanses everything and not irritate the skin at all. i recommend this product to my friends, a good stuff that can't be missed!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2011 3:50:00 AM More reviews by janjarang

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Why did they discontinue this good product in Europe!?! I don't know about other places but I can no longer find it anywhere in France, Austria or Switzerland. This eye makeup remover works so well and doesn't irritate my eyes. It takes everything off (tip: to get rid of your mascara easily, rinse your lashes with warm water first. That way, you won't have to rub your eyes too many times, which also minimize future wrinkles). The price is sooooo cheap. Now I'm using another brand that works but it cost 6 times more expensive. Please bring it back!

EDIT: Now they brought the product back! It is on the shelve again :-) Hooray!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2011 2:18:00 PM More reviews by idiewmil

great product that is affordable and does its job well - removes waterproof eye make-up effectively.