July 28, 2014 | 1987 users online

Polishes - Chanel - Le Vernis Nail Color

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2012 7:14:00 AM More reviews by primadonnablue

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Expensive maybe but worth every penny. It does not discolour your nails and the colour goes on very smoothly. It dries fast but you need to put at least two coats for good colour as it's quite thin. Quite honestly I may like the Revlon nail polish slightly better for consistency but Chanel has way better colours.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/4/2012 1:37:00 PM More reviews by itslokey

HORRIBLE. Cannot express my dissatisfaction with this product enough! It completely ruined my nails. I've never had nail problems, in fact very little chipping or maintenance. I'm the girl who can grow them out to look like fake nails with no problem. This, made my gorgeous nails peel, chip, flake and look horrible. I thought it was just a bad bottle- It wasn't considering all 3 I own do this to me. OPI & Essie are a million times better. Chanel needs to stick to perfume and purses!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2012 7:35:00 AM More reviews by YoHarajuku

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Hands down the best nail polish I have ever tried! Before I discovered Chanel Nail Color I wasn't much into varnish. Any brand I tried chipped so quickly I didn't see the point of all that work painting my nails for it to last 2 days. Chanel however goes on like a dream and requires little effort to get that professional manicure look. With base coat and top coat it lasts almost two weeks for me. It only starts to chip after maybe 10-11 days and its usualy minimal and not visible. Its price yes but when you consider how long it lasts in my opinion it works out the same price than if you bought OPI. The less time you have to spend doing your manicure and how much better it looks is really value for money.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/1/2012 8:17:00 AM More reviews by ellenmarie1959

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

My first Chanel nail polish purchase and I picked a great one: #543 Frisson. Frisson is a pale shimmery pink coral that to me, would look good on anyone. It reminds me of NARS Orgasm blush, a universal favorite that looks great applied with a light hand or layered. I am middeleaged and overweight and my hands are not as pretty as they were in my 20's, so I'm self conscious about using color on my nails, but this shade made me feel pretty.

Only reason I gave it four instead of five lippies is that the formula is rather thin, like many high end polishes, and it's sheer to begin with, so to really see the color you have to do at least four coats.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/28/2012 12:02:00 PM More reviews by buranylk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This was my first Chanel Le Vernis Nail Colour purchase. I love the color (549 Distraction) and the packaging. The consistency on application is great; two thin coats always provides a smooth, even finish. However, the polish does not wear well and consistently chips in less than 24 hours.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2012 3:15:00 PM More reviews by mshin

I love my chanel nail polish in dragon but it chips like crazy! A day after I put it on it chips immediately. If I'm lucky, it will last a day. I also use seche vite base and top coat :( Maybe I need to invest in better ones? They work for my other polishes though -- my cheap drugstore ones last like 1.5 - 2 weeks..
I love the color and the packaging though so I probably will be suckered into buying it again.

Edit: I tried using a different top coat (cheap one actually - Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear) and then layered Seche Vite on top of the Sally Hansen one. Surprisingly, it has made this polish stay on great! It's been a whole week and no chipping. :) Also, I only need one coat of this color so the product will last a long time to make up for the expensive price. I am changing the overall rating from 3 to 5 because the color is just gorgeous and now I have no chipping.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2011 12:59:00 PM More reviews by cerulfox

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

**EDIT: Bumped my review from 2 to 3 lippies as I found that Zoya's base and top coat work quite well with this and stopped the early chipping problem. However, Chanel's np is still WAY overpriced for colors that aren't particularly different than what other less expensive brands make. Splurge on the truly unique colors (which I'd give 4 lippies to), but otherwise look elsewhere.

**ORIGINAL REVIEW
I bought my first Le Vernis, Rouge Carat, with the current holiday 2011 collection. As much as I love the color and the thick formula, it took forever and a day to dry, and the amount of chipping in just a few days is *inexcusable* for a $25 polish. I'll be sticking with Zoya and OPI, of which I can buy several bottles at the cost of one Chanel, and know the color lasts at least two weeks. Also, on a nitpicky note, why does Chanel include a plastic cap on top of the np handle? Just extra unnecessary plastic IMO.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2011 1:36:00 AM More reviews by catherinesophia

I have bought every kind of nailpolish on the market, and I can honestly say that Chanel lasts the longest and it truly is worth the extra money. However, you have to apply the colors correctly. I gave myself a manicure last week, and none of my nails have chipped and they still look beautiful. I do a manicure as they would do it in a salon. Here are my steps:

1. Remove nail polish with nailpolish remover on cotton balls. They are the best to use. Get a cuticle remover gel (I use Sally Hansen as I have horrible cuticles from going to salons for years and getting acrylics-never again!), let it sit for a minute, then push the cuticles. Then soak my nails for 5 minutes in water. Then I scrub them with a nail brush. Then I cut any loose cuticles with a cuticle cutter.

2. Dry off nails and use a nail file to shape the nails. Use a nail buffer to buff the surface of the nails (one of those 4 sided block things you get at any drugstore. This step is something that is often skipped, but it is VERY important. It creates a smooth surface for the polish to adhere to.

3. Lightly soak nails again and dry nails off. Wipe the nails with alcohol soaked cotton balls (to get off any product or oil that may be on the surface).

4. Apply Base coat - wait 5 minutes - Apply Chanel color - wait 5 minutes - Apply 2nd coat of Chanel color coat - wait 5 minutes - top coat - wait 10 minutes, dip nails in cold water to set, then wait another 15 minutes. Waiting 5 minutes in between coats prevents those pesky bubbles from forming. I hate the bubbles, because they ruin the beautiful sheen of the top coat :) Maybelline Express finish is a FANTASTIC top coat and I have been using it for many years. I have tried many fancy brands, and this is my favorite; it dries fast with a glossy shine.

Thats all I do, and I have beautiful nails that don't chip and I save $40 a month by doing this myself. I put on a movie and start the process. If I don't have time to do a full manicure every week (my nails grow very fast), I gently file the tips and add a clear fresh topcoat. My polish easily lasts for two weeks, but my nails grow so fast that I try to do it each week.

UPDATE: I think this polish looks better without a base or a top coat. It also wears better. This shaves off 30 minutes from m manicure. I love this nailpolish :)

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 8/31/2011 10:04:00 PM More reviews by xyz07

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I have been painting my nails for years and I have lots of nail polish. This isn't my favorite because it chips so easily and is prone to peeling. It's one of those luxury products where the price you pay is simply for the name. However, they are the pioneers when it comes to the next craze in nail polish colors so I am tempted to buy Peridot but I think I will wait for a dupe.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2011 3:22:00 AM More reviews by stev9079

I bought this nail polish in Peridot. I love the color, its a really beautiful mix of gold and green and changes depending on the light. It goes on smooth and dries pretty fast. It didn't really last longer than any other nail polish though. It is also pretty pricey, but if you love Chanel, you'll love this nail polish.