July 24, 2014 | 1113 users online

Eye Shadow - NARS - Night Breed

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2010 3:48:00 PM More reviews by Aeternitas

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Night Breed is astounding. This is the ultimate little black dress for eyes, and an obligation for sexy smokey eyes. You need no other black eyeshadow with silver sparkles! I put Night Breed to the test up against Urban Decay's Oil Slick, which is their very own black with silver sparkles, and, as much as I love you Urban Decay, Night Breed seals the deal.

Between the two, Night Breed's pigmentation of black is simply undeniable compared to Oil Slick, or any other black eyeshadow I have tried. I want to call it "nightmare black" ;). The silver sparkles within Night Breed are fine and abundant, however the sparkles do not dominate, which is perfect for me. Even though the black is powerful, it is extremely easy to blend. A primer is not necessary, but will definitely get the sparkles to stick to your lid and stay there all day.
As for the texture, it goes beyond words! Most glittery shadows have a crumbly texture to the point where I thought all shadows had to be made that way in order to have glitter in them. Nars does away with these "rules" and made this ultra-rich and nearly creamy. Luxurious is the right word; with the price and quality, luxury is exactly what you get. What else could possibly be amazing about Night Breed?... Lasting power? Check. The best part: NO FALLOUT!! YES! Check plus. They should have called this one "Black Magic".

Night Breed leaves me entirely satisfied. I will buy this repeatedly, every time I run out. With this generous portion of product, I don't think I will need to re-buy any time soon.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2010 5:26:00 PM More reviews by jkhan

this product is just amazing! it's a super pigmented black with light sparkles (when padded on!). if you swipe it across your lids, you won't get any sparkles. it also looks fantastic as a liner. although i doubt i'll run out of this any time soon, if i do i will definitely buy it again! LOVE!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2010 3:15:00 AM More reviews by nelson

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Your gonna laugh but i actually think this works really well as an eyebrow powder! After being dismayed with my extremely oily lids turning every dark pigment minus liquid liner into a panda like mess i was resigned to having to pass this on or chuck it out when i thought "what the hell" and gave it a go as a brow powder as i'd just ran out! I use my Smashbox eyebrow brush and lightly swipe it over, then brush the excess off on my hand and lightly 'fill in' the areas of my eyebrow that are quite sparse. As this is richly pigmented it gives a very natural look and has saved me from buying new powder! Staying power is great, largish glitter particles stay on my hand so don't be alarmed i am not starting a new "glitter eyebrow" look! Only recommended for dark brows of course, but seriously i have always used lipsticks as blush and i'm a big believer of using whatever works, regardless of their intended use! Very good for your bottom line!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/1/2010 3:14:00 PM More reviews by ameliabirch

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The packaging on NARS eyeshadows is fabulous and Night Breed is no exception. In fact, with it's deep black and silver shimmers it looks wonderfully luxuriant and expensive with the stylish NARS packaging. The only thing I found with this eye shadow is that it is really soft which made it difficult to apply without dusting the underneath of my eyes and the tops of my cheeks with black powder. This made it really difficult to use dry as a liner. I haven't tried it wet but to be honest I don't ever like to use water with dry eye shadows for hygiene reasons so this shadow just didn't work for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2009 9:27:00 PM More reviews by laqueron1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great Black eyeshadow...the glitters look overwhelming on the pan...but the transfer on to the eye...is much more subtle...this black eyeshadow is love.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2009 9:10:00 PM More reviews by itsmek

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

My favorite black shadow, and I've tried several. Most wind up showing up as a dark charcoal and not a true black, or have a green or blue base that becomes very obvious when blending. It's highly pigmented, much more than MAC's black tied or carbon. So far, it is the only black shadow that shows up as a true dark black on my NC15 skin.
The down sides to this product is the amount of fallout you get when you apply it- definitely apply this before your foundation and qtips handy for clean up. The amount of fallout is very similar to urban decays glittery shades. The packing is pretty annoying too- they need to get rid of the mirror and lower the price of the shadow or give more product instead. It's too small to be useful and just gets dirty.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2009 10:17:00 AM More reviews by firework_girl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Night Breed is probably my favourite black shadow with silver glitter.
Deeper, richer black than MAC's Black tied, which tends to fade to a softer black once blended. This is more akin to Carbon if it had the glitter.
Applied dry, you do lose a lot of the glitter. Not neccesarily a bad thing, glitter isn't always appropriate. Used wet, it's another story altogether. A spritz of Fix + on your brush & patting it on (as opposed to swiping) will give you exactly what you see in the pan.
Also looks beautiful as a liner, particularly when used with something like Illamasqua's sealing gel or Trish McEvoy's Finish Line, which will keep it sparkling & in place all day.
It's such a huge pan it will take an age to get through, but if I do, I'll definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2009 12:29:00 PM More reviews by bvbvvbvvv

i love this back eyeshadow, the case is nice and has a mirrow on it. and the color is great!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2009 10:20:00 PM More reviews by beautifulscorpio83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got this eyeshadow from my sister and i adore it! it's a pigmented black with lots of silver sparkles/glitter. I applied it dry with my 231 brush over my feline kohl power, and my eyeliner stayed the entire day. I didn't think the sparkles would show up, but they did! in a nice subtle way. When i would turn my head in the mirror i could see little twinkling bits that were the glitter in this eyeshadow! since i got this carbon, and nehru have been sidelined for a bit. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2009 11:16:00 PM More reviews by niclyf

One of my hands down *favorite* black shadows! Night Breed is an insanely gorgeous jet black shadow infused with microshimmer! The shimmer mostly disappears when applied .. but it's incredibly beautiful used in the crease for the ultimate smokey eye and equally stunning used wet as a liner. I barely have to touch my brush to this shadow because it's SO heavily pigmented! I can't rave enough about this baby!!