August 30, 2014 | 1759 users online

Eye Shadow - Revlon - Illuminance Creme Shadow Quad - Not Just Nudes

rated 4 of 5 on 8/3/2012 4:34:00 PM More reviews by ahuang300

I feel like these cream shadows are comparable to my MAC paint pots. It has a nice creamy consistency and did not crease on my eyelids without a primer. I liked the two lighter shades way more than the darker ones. I wish Revlon released these cream shadows individually.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/31/2012 11:08:00 AM More reviews by Purplexoxo

Because of the great reviews, I decided to give this a try; to start off, the colors are absolutely beautiful for a nude eye, but there's one problem... They crease on my lids like crazy! I don't have oily lids nor dry, and even with a primer it would still crease :(

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2012 10:01:00 PM More reviews by xxpunkgirlrockxx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought it today at target with $2 off coupon for $3.94 and i think the colors are so natural, creamy. The lightest color can be used a highlight for the inner corners or the browbone. The taupe looks good on alone with black eyeliner. The dark chocolate brown can be used for a smokey eye!! <3 this neutral quad! :D

rated 2 of 5 on 6/9/2012 8:01:00 PM More reviews by jessadores

The colors are so pretty and practical for everyday and I wish I could give these a higher rating but just like many other reviewers have mentioned the creasing is just too bad. However, I found that if I use a primer underneath, then a very light layer of the shadows followed by pressing a translucent powder into them they do not crease. By a light layer I mean that I lightly tap my fingers into the product then swipe that on my lids. The problem is it takes a little too much time to put these on (at least in the mornings when I don't have extra time) and It really sheers out the colors. That being said it makes the 2 darker colors more wearable and I use those as all-over eyelid colors and for daytime/school looks that is all I really need. As for the two lighter shades I use those for as inner corner and brow highlight shades. And sometimes I will dip a eyeliner brush into the lightest matte color and line my waterline with it and it actually lasts a good amount of time (I don't know if these are waterline safe but so far no problem with me and I know everyone is different). I have also seen/heard other people who use these on their face as highlight/contour and I might try that. I had put that I would not buy these again because as far as cream shadows go I want something I can just swipe on without too many steps, but I will use them up.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2012 10:51:00 PM More reviews by hakunamatata13

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love using these as bases for eyeshadow, or even just to swipe on right before an event. I would highly recommend this. The colors are so pretty and would look great on any skin tone. People tend to forget that with makeup, you pretty much get what you pay for. So that being said, a every good make up for the money.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/30/2012 3:06:00 PM More reviews by mehays

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

worst eyeshadow I can remember. Glad I bought it half off. Tried once with just primer, and it creased terribly. Today I used with TFSI, powder and UD All Nighter to set. Still creased terribly. It's a shame since I liked the neutral colors

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2012 2:01:00 PM More reviews by littlereveries

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a pretty good product, especially for the price you pay for it (I got it for about $4). For a cream eyeshadow, it actually lasts for a fairly long time (around 8 hours), but it creases a little bit.
The only shadow that I use, is the first, lightest beige color. After I apply my concealer base, I apply the beige to my lids. Personally, I don't wear any other eyeshadow on a day to day basis, since I do thick eyeliner.
Sometimes I use the darkest color at the outside corner of my eye. I find that I can't use the two middle colors at all, because I find that the colors will smear together by the end of the day. It's not really a problem for me though, since my daily makeup look is fine without them.
I haven't had a problem with the packaging before, but lately I find that it can be hard to open the lid. This morning, it actually snapped completely off, but I found that you can snap it back in.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2012 6:17:00 PM More reviews by glittermeup15

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product is absolutely great! I love it. I use the second color in the quad all the time, it is great. The creasing doesn't happen until the end of the day and it's not a big deal. It's perfect for a natural smoky eye. It was a great investment, and I love creme shadows, MUCH better than powder shadows! It's moist and shiny, all the colors are lovely. I would definitely buy it again, the only con is that the packaging is kind of annoying, I have broken a couple nails trying to get it open. My friend and I both got one at Target in January and we love them. The price was fair for such a great product! I would totally tell you to get it if you are looking for an easy to apply natural eye shadow, it's sophisticated, simple, and pretty. Thanks!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2012 4:53:00 PM More reviews by Christinaann5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have to say i am a huge fan of cream shadows and the Revlon Creme Shadow quads are one of my favorite products from the drugstore esp since you get four cream shadows and tons of options.. Not Just Nudes is def a must have if you are a fan of cream shadows or want to try using these as a base....
=PRICE/AVAILABILITY=
The Revlon Creme Illuminance Quads can be found wherever your Revlon cosmetics are found. Ive seen them in most drugstores like Walgreens, CVS, Rite Aid as well as both Walmart & Target. I have also seen them online in different sites. The price will vary depending on your location as well as where you purchase them. Obviously, getting them on sale/discount/coupons is best. The price is typically around $5-7. I have purchased mine for less than $4 though. i always wait for a good sale! But different quads may not be available in certain places & i have seen vary few Limited Edition quads released which i couldnt ever find in my local stores.
=SHADE/FORMULA/PERFORMANCE=
On to the most important part, Not Just Nudes is a MUST have in any girls makeup collection. Why you ask? I think you get 4 very basic but much needed cream shadows. Whats great is that they are mattes & metallic/shimmer finishes. Not Just Nudes contains four basic but beautiful nudes that can be worn by anyone- alone or as a cream base for your other shadows.
From left to right (mirror on top when looking)
1st shadow- this is a great basic milk chocolate brown that does have somewhat of a metallic finish to it. Its a deepend bronze brown that is great for defining the outer v or lining the lash line when using light wash of shadow. Its also great for creating a brown smoky eye.
2nd shadow- this is my Favorite of them all probably bc i dont see many matte cream shadows like this ever. This is a mid tone MATTE brown. reminds me of the shadow in the WNW Vanity palette. Its great for using all over for brown smoky look or running a slight layer on the crease outer v area. Such a unique & gorgeous shadow. Love it!
3rd shadow- this is another beautiful color, its a toasted champagne shadow. this is a great color for all over the lid alone or paired w/ any shadow esp earthy tones. this shadow does have a metallic finish.
4th shadow- this is a great basic white champagne skintone cream shadow that is more matte. This is great for many things. can use this to top ANY shadow, this is great for all over wash on the lid to brighten the lid, this can also be great as a thin layer on brow bone for a matte natural highlight.
So all four shadows are beautiful! I love using these as cream bases for my powder shadows to cling to. Meaning, these will help your less pigmented or powdery shadows work a little better. I always use an eye primer (mainly Elf eyelid primer) then i use very thin layer of these & than top them with shadows. They key is using a primer & using thin layers. The more you place on your lid, the more likely they will be to crease esp if you have oily lids. Then these need to be set with a powder since they do have somewhat of a cream to powder finish (they have been updating these with a better formula) But if you want these to stay put for longer or have little creasing i def suggests to use a thin layer of powder whether it be your face powder or a powder shadow. I also suggests priming your lids, letting that sit in then using a dusting of face powder on lids & letting that set and then using these (if you have oily lids) this will def help. I have normal lids so i can wear these w/ primer & a dusting a powder. These will stay put for over 7-8 hrs without hardly any fading or creasing if used correctly! I love these. Esp paired w/ my powder shadows. These allow my powder shadows to show up more vividly & be more pigmented as well as allow them to last longer! These help pick up differnt undertones to shadows & bring out different colors.
Not Just Nudes is a great quad with four neutrals that can be used on a daily basis. Its one of my most used makeup products and will def continue to use!
=PACKAGING=
The Revlon Creme Illuminance Quads come in a rectangular black compact with Revlon logo & 4 see thru pop up windows that allow you to see the different shadows inside (this is actually where the shadows are inside). On the back is a logo/label information as well as shade name on the top corner. Then inside- you get four circular pans of cream shadows. There is also a mirror on the back panel that is actually very nice & ive used when i was in a pinch & needed one. There isnt a great deal of product but enough for the price. I wish they would make them a tad bigger for the cost though. The compact is slim and compact and is great to slip in your bag or purse if needed. The plastic is sturdy and i havent had any damage done to mine. I think its simple and classic & sturdy.
Overall, NOT JUST NUDES is an amazing quad of neutral tone cream shadows that i adore and love! esp since there is two matte shadows- there isnt many if not none at the drugstore. I use this quad alot and def recommend to anyone looking for cream shadows to use alone or as bases! I love this quad and will most def repurchase over and over. I havent hit pan on any four but know i will soon! i love all four shadows and will def rebuy when i run out!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2012 10:11:00 PM More reviews by bbybreanna

once applied the colors are not that pigmented, but easy to blend. they do crease on their own. these shadows are really creamy. so sad theyre not long lasting. they have a slight shimmer in it. u