Revlon Illuminance Creme Shadow Quad - Not Just Nudes

3.9

Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Dimethicone, Talc, Tribehenin, Magnesium Carbonate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Hydroxylated Lanolin, Polycyclopentadiene, Silica Silylate, Isododecane, Nylon 12, Pentahyrdosqualene, Sorbitan Trioleate, Silica, Candelilla Cera (Euphorbia Cerifolia Wax) (Candelilla Wax), Phenyltrimethicone, Polyethylene, BHT, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, May Contain ( /-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Mica (CI 77019), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163) (CI 77163), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Carmine (CI 75470) (CI 75470), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Red 40 Lake (CI 16035), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Blue 1 (CI 42090) (CI 42090), Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI 77289), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510) (CI 77510), Manganese Violet (CI 77742)

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

Wow I guess I am in the minority here because I love this quad.I use them only as a base, I see alot of the ladies here uses it as eyeshadow. I used these shadows for a base for a neutral eye or a bit in my inner tear ducts to brighten my eyes. As for creasing I didnt have that problem because I also used an eyelid primer underneath. One of my fav makeup staples!

on 9/9/2012 1:05:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Ive never really been a fan of creme eyeshadows but when i saw this at the drugstore i couldn't resist. I love nudes and earthy tones. I ended up really liking this product. The colors are gorgeous. Im defiantly going to invest in some more of these quads!

on 8/30/2012 10:41:00 AM

I think this palate should be a staple in every asian girl's eye makeup collection. The colors are so useable and go on nice and creamy. Its so versatile! I love how there are two matte colors and two shimmery colors - good for use as highlighters, contouring, eyeshadow. My favorite way to wear it is to use the lightest two colors in the corner of my eye for a wide awake look or use a eyeliner brush and brush a line of the the darkest shimmery color above my normal black eyeliner - it gives it depth for an everyday polished smokey look. The thing I don't like about this product is the creasablitiy factor!!! even though I use my Two Faced Shadow insurance under it! ugh. The colors could also be a little more opaque but for a drugstore its pretty good.

on 8/3/2012 4:34:00 PM

I feel like these cream shadows are comparable to my MAC paint pots. It has a nice creamy consistency and did not crease on my eyelids without a primer. I liked the two lighter shades way more than the darker ones. I wish Revlon released these cream shadows individually.

on 7/31/2012 11:08:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Because of the great reviews, I decided to give this a try; to start off, the colors are absolutely beautiful for a nude eye, but there's one problem... They crease on my lids like crazy! I don't have oily lids nor dry, and even with a primer it would still crease :(

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I bought it today at target with $2 off coupon for $3.94 and i think the colors are so natural, creamy. The lightest color can be used a highlight for the inner corners or the browbone. The taupe looks good on alone with black eyeliner. The dark chocolate brown can be used for a smokey eye!! <3 this neutral quad! :D

on 6/9/2012 8:01:00 PM

The colors are so pretty and practical for everyday and I wish I could give these a higher rating but just like many other reviewers have mentioned the creasing is just too bad. However, I found that if I use a primer underneath, then a very light layer of the shadows followed by pressing a translucent powder into them they do not crease. By a light layer I mean that I lightly tap my fingers into the product then swipe that on my lids. The problem is it takes a little too much time to put these on (at least in the mornings when I don't have extra time) and It really sheers out the colors. That being said it makes the 2 darker colors more wearable and I use those as all-over eyelid colors and for daytime/school looks that is all I really need. As for the two lighter shades I use those for as inner corner and brow highlight shades. And sometimes I will dip a eyeliner brush into the lightest matte color and line my waterline with it and it actually lasts a good amount of time (I don't know if these are waterline safe but so far no problem with me and I know everyone is different). I have also seen/heard other people who use these on their face as highlight/contour and I might try that. I had put that I would not buy these again because as far as cream shadows go I want something I can just swipe on without too many steps, but I will use them up.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I love using these as bases for eyeshadow, or even just to swipe on right before an event. I would highly recommend this. The colors are so pretty and would look great on any skin tone. People tend to forget that with makeup, you pretty much get what you pay for. So that being said, a every good make up for the money.

on 5/30/2012 3:06:00 PM

worst eyeshadow I can remember. Glad I bought it half off. Tried once with just primer, and it creased terribly. Today I used with TFSI, powder and UD All Nighter to set. Still creased terribly. It's a shame since I liked the neutral colors

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

This is a pretty good product, especially for the price you pay for it (I got it for about $4). For a cream eyeshadow, it actually lasts for a fairly long time (around 8 hours), but it creases a little bit.
The only shadow that I use, is the first, lightest beige color. After I apply my concealer base, I apply the beige to my lids. Personally, I don't wear any other eyeshadow on a day to day basis, since I do thick eyeliner.
Sometimes I use the darkest color at the outside corner of my eye. I find that I can't use the two middle colors at all, because I find that the colors will smear together by the end of the day. It's not really a problem for me though, since my daily makeup look is fine without them.
I haven't had a problem with the packaging before, but lately I find that it can be hard to open the lid. This morning, it actually snapped completely off, but I found that you can snap it back in.