April 18, 2014 | 1760 users online

Cleansers - Philosophy - Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

rated 1 of 5 on 4/2/2014 1:16:00 PM More reviews by bflytilidy

This may be my first or second review, not sure, but this product compelled me to write another one! What on earth are people who like this product thinking? It's a soap-based cleanser full of junk. After watching numerous youtube gurus rave about it, I decided to pick up a bottle to see what the hype was all about. I thought the amount of product for the price was reasonable. Although the feel of washing your face with the product is nice, the smell is quite strong and unpleasant. Immediately after washing, you face feels nice and smooth. Well... you're in for a real surprise if you wait a few minutes... My face was so dry and tight! I have combination/oily skin and hate it when a cleanser strips all my natural oils in an effort to clean. I think it does more harm than good, resulting in breakouts. This cleanser also claims to be "one-step," which it is not as it left traces of makeup behind and lots of non-waterproof mascara. Major disappointment and it is going back to the store today.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2014 9:29:00 PM More reviews by Borovichka29

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Works great to remove all makeup, even waterproof mascara. I use it to remove my makeup and then go in second time with my Clarisonic Mia to deep clean my face. It feels gentle and creamy for every day use. Does not over dry my skin. Usually I would have to proceed with my serum and moisturizer right the way but with Purity I can take my time because my skin doesn't feel dry or tight.
The packaging can be better, I prefer pump on my cleansers or squeeze tube. I tend to get out to much.
Overall great quality gentle cleanser even for oily skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2014 5:48:00 AM More reviews by Sjess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This was my favorite cleanser until I discovered the Clarins one. I used it with my Visapure facial brush, it worked fine. I find it a tad too harsh, that's why I've gone on to a softer cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2014 4:54:00 PM More reviews by MarJH

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was very surprised about the negative reviews. I really like this cleanser. The smell is lovely. I have oily acne prone skin and I did not have a single break out from this product. It makes my skin feel clean and soft and I have noticed my pores are smaller. I use it morning and night with the clarisonic. It also has a wonderful smell.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2014 8:21:00 PM More reviews by prettysaysay

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

HG of facial cleansers ! My skin is combo oily, and, coupled with slight bouts of eczema (ugh), I have to be VERY careful what I put on my skin as to not exacerbate the condition. I've tried everything from Aveeno to Clarins, and nothing does the job quite like my Purity. I normally do one quick pre wash to remove makeup, then go over again for a more thorough cleansing. Adding my Clarisonic Mia to the mix & I struck cleansing/exfoliation GOLD. no breakouts, excessive dryness, just clean, well balanced skin. Little known fact, Purity is also awesome for cleaning your makeup brushes. Love love love !

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2014 11:06:00 AM More reviews by catalia

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I got the full size at Ulta for $10 (reg. $23) because they ran out of the Philosophy Purity Facial Wipes special product they were advertising for the 21 days of beauty steals. I love the smell! You don't have to use a lot so it should last a while which is worth the money if paying full price. I have sensitive skin and sometimes get those horrible under the skin pimples which hurt and are ugly and I happened to have one when I started using this and I am happy to say it is going away quicker than usual! These ugly pimples will last weeks sometimes and I got this product on Sunday got the ugly pimple on Tuesday and today is Friday and it has made the pimple almost go away! I don't care for the hard bottle because it is hard to sqeeze for me (I have arthritis in my hands) but I manage. That is my only complaint, the bottle! I will buy this again and again!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/20/2014 8:44:00 PM More reviews by BexieMUA

The first time I used this, my skin felt great! The second and third time? Acne ahoy. Not just lots of regular acne, but cystic pimples as well. Such a shame because I loved the way it felt on my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2014 6:48:00 PM More reviews by xenalyte

The *only* cleanser I'll use. I've been using Philosophy products since they kept my mother from going all ashy during chemo, and this is the best cleanser for me there is. It foams nicely, you don't need a lot, it smells good, and it cleans so well and so gently. Get you some. You will dig it. Trust.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2014 6:21:00 PM More reviews by ke1125

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this cleanser! I use this cleanser every night with my Clarisonic Mia 2 and they work perfectly together. I like that it foams up a little bit but not a lot. I have oily skin and even though it is a gentle cleanser, it still does a really good job of removing makeup and oil. My skin feels fresh and clean afterwards.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2014 8:50:00 PM More reviews by emsfitzgerald

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The best cleanser bar none! I use nightly with my Clarisonic Mia. There is no other, believe me I have tried it all. This removes all my makeup and leaves my sensitive skin feeling soft! I will never use anything else again!