Philosophy Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

3.7

Water, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Coco-Glucoside, Coconut Alcohol, Peg-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood) Wood Oil, Geranium Maculatum Oil, Guaiac (Guaiacum Officinale) Extract, Cymbopogon Martini Oil, Rosa Damascena Extract, Amyris Balsamifera Bark Oil, Santalum Album (Sandalwood) Oil, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Oil, Cinnamomum Cassia Leaf Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Seed Oil, Piper Nigrum (Pepper) Seed Extract, Polysorbate 20, Glycerin, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Yellow 5 (Ci 19140).

on 5/4/2015 4:42:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

First experience:
Bought a $10 sample size of this @ Sephora years ago; didn't really care for it and couldn't get used to the smell. It didn't make my skin feel clean, but this was before I started wearing makeup on a daily basis. I stopped using it, but kept it anyways.

Second experience:
I can't live without it! I got the $60 jumbo sized bottle with the pump from Sephora. Now that I wear makeup on a daily basis, I use this every single day to wash it off. When I first used it, I didn't like the smell but after using it every day, its not that bad. Literally melts away makeup like it claims without much or any scrubbing at all. A little goes a LONG way and a small drop does wonders for cleaning your brushes! I love how it really is a one-step cleanser - removes my makeup, cleans, and does not dry out my skin at all.

on 4/30/2015 3:51:00 PM

to be honest i'm not really picky with cleansers unless i feel they dont clean at all. but i somehow feel this breaks me out. i stop breaking out as soon as i stop using this. now it just sits there as a handwash for when i apply foundation with my fingers since it does remove makeup pretty well.

on 4/28/2015 11:12:00 PM

My sister, who has combination skin and eczema, recommended this to me. I was initially not very excited to try it due to the price, but I'm SO glad I did. I can't count how many products over the years have made me break out, but this one hasn't at all. My face feels clean without that bad tight feeling, it doesn't burn my eyes, and removes everyday makeup. (If I go out for the night with awesomely heavy eyeliner and shadow, it has some trouble.) There's not really much scent and it's also gentle enough to use every day without drying me out.

It does not exfoliate at all, so when I get a bit flaky during the dry winter months, I just use a washcloth to gently scrub my face instead of using my hands like normal.

I've since bought a full sized bottle and gifted another to a friend who has oilier skin and she's now a fan too!

on 4/25/2015 6:08:00 AM

I have sensitive combo skin.
It washes off everything without drying out my skin which was great!
it does not have any ingredients to help with the slight acne i have on my chin- which is bad considering the price
it doesn't break me out.
It has way too much ingredients in it.

overall not bad.

on 4/16/2015 11:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Deep Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I purchased this cleanser because everyone was raving about, no matter what skin type, especially oily skin Youtubers. When I went to Sephora, I got the travel size one cause I did not want to buy the bigger and not like it. Well, I'm glad I got the travel size because I am not a fan of this cleanser. I won't say that I hate it, but more that there are better cleansers then this one. I used it every night with my Clarisonic. People say you get a clean fresh face, I get that too, but it has no active ingredients to help with oils or blemishes. I tried to loved but my face felt the same when I used the Neutrogena Oil Free Acne Wash and I saw no difference on my face and I have been using it for a month. Also, for a cleanser that is worth almost $30 buck, you won't think it come with a pump, but no. No one what a squeeze bottle, it is more efficient to have a pump for a cleanser. When I am done with this cleanser, I'm going to find a better cleanser for the nighttime and will not be repurchasing this cleanser in the near future.

Tried this after reading reviews. It was ok, nothing special. I think there is better stuff for a cheaper price.

on 4/6/2015 2:56:00 PM

I recently bought this product upon the recommendation of another shopper at Ulta. She raved over it. So far I'm very happy with it. I like that it cleans away all my makeup and doesn't burn my eyes. It's non-drying on my very mature skin and leaves no residue. I'll buy it again as long as I can afford it. It's not cheap!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

Received the purity made simple cleanser, daily exfoliating wash and hope in a jar as a pre-Christmas gift.

I use Jargens All-Purpose Face Cream before cleansing, so can't rate based on makeup removing ability; however, it cleansed the remaining residue off my face well and didn't dry out my skin. I have used more hydrating cleansers, but at least it didn't leave my face feeling dry and taut.

Why the rating of one lippie? There's an ingredient in this cleanser that causes my eyes to slightly sting. I don't put cleanser in my eyes :). As soon as I rinse my face, my eyes begin to feel uncomfortable.

on 3/21/2015 4:07:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I just recently started using this product. Overall I love the cleanser and it removes my makeup wonderfully! My T zone is a little oily and I'm trying to determine if the cleanser is causing it. I absolutely love the smell of this cleanser. This cleanser does not over dry my skin.

on 3/16/2015 2:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love this stuff! Nothing gets my makeup and oils off lmy face ike this cleanser. I have dry sensetive skin and i never had a single breakout because of this. Very good for acne prone skin too. It feels gentle on the skin and i love the settle smell! Im on my second bottle, and i will definitely purchase again :) The only thing i dont like is the bottle, sometimes can be a bit hard to get out..