April 17, 2014 | 896 users online

Cleansers - The Body Shop - Tea Tree Oil Foaming Face Wash

rated 3 of 5 on 5/27/2013 1:30:00 PM More reviews by AnnaSmith11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

It's an average cleanser I would say. Cleans my face but I wouldn't say it's overly amazing.

The reason why I am giving it 3/5 is because of the horrible smell! I really don't mind tea tree scents and have used some products with that scent in the past, however this one was really strong!! I really hated it. If you are not a fan of tea tree I would not recommend this.

Having said that I have been using this every night for some weeks now and got used to the smell... :p But based on my initial reaction I would probably look for something different once this one finishes, maybe one that isn't as strong. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2013 2:22:00 AM More reviews by rodfru

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff! I have spot prone oily/combination skin, and this works perfectly. After a week my spots were gone.

I would not recommend this for people with dry skin as it may be drying, but for people with oily skin it is perfect!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2013 9:32:00 AM More reviews by cocopuffx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this face wash, it really helps prevent acne and reduces redness a little as well. I've used about 3 bottles of this and I'm probably going to get more. I use it twice daily and it doesn't dry out my combination skin at all, unlike the clean and clear foaming cleanser which made my cheeks all dry and flaky. a really good buy :)

rated 3 of 5 on 4/26/2013 3:54:00 PM More reviews by itstotallybea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Only started using this a few days ago (once daily) and I have mixed feelings about it. I do feel how cleansing it is, it is very refreshing and smells of pure tea tree but afterwords my skin feels very tight and as with any face wash with tea tree in it it makes my skin flush quite red for a while, for that reason it's a wash I have to use at night and not in the morning. I like the fact that it foams, it is a nice texture and feels nice on the skin. It can be quite harsh however so I recommend this be a 3-4 times a week thing instead of every day.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2013 6:13:00 AM More reviews by vania28

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I love this product. When I first use it,there were no signs of allergy reaction,my skin didn't dry out,it became less oily,it feels moist,and most importantly the blemishes faded away. Now my skin is clearer than ever before. The tea tree scent could be so strong,and please remember that this is not for the eyes,so be careful when you apply it around the eyes area.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2013 1:35:00 AM More reviews by JellyBellyBean

I've been using this product for about 3 weeks now, and my first impression was this thing sucks! Because the first few days I used this cleanser with the tea tree skin clearing lotion, my whole face was peeling with skin, and it stung. Like a lot. But because I have combination skin, I only use the tea tree lotion on my t-zone, and then apply the aloe night/day moisturizer on my cheeks and chin. Of course, nothing is complete without the toner, so I applied the aloe calming toner before the moisturizer. (I should've put the toner part before the moisturizer.) After figuring out that, my skin doesn't peel after I dry my face that was just washed with the cleanser, and it feels much smoother than before.

Now, for the "getting rid of blemishes" claim, I have yet to see the proof. The on difference I see with my really bad acne is that my forehead isn't as oily as before and it looks much better, but when I feel my forehead with my finger, all the bumps are still there. I guess you have to use it for at least 2 months to see the results.

Other than that, I would recommend this product for only oily/combination skin, because my first few uses resulted in my skin peeling badly.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2013 6:18:00 PM More reviews by KittyKat226

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff is amazing. Not only does it help my oily skin, but it also helps my chronic eye condition. I have Blepharitis, a chronic inflammation of the eyelids. I cannot wear eye make up or any makeup near my eyes at all. I leave this on my face and eyes for five minutes a night. My eyelid margins are less red and irritated since I have started using this product. Tea Tree Oil is excellent for Blepharitis, and this is the first Tea Tree Oil Product I have found that both helps my skin and helps my eyes. Thank you Body Shop.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2013 9:52:00 PM More reviews by chupachups79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product is suitable for my skin which is oily and prone to break out easily. Love the foam dispenser that it comes in. Best thing is there was no allergic reaction to this cleanser. Beware of the strong tea tree fragrance.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/21/2013 4:18:00 PM More reviews by hollywoodhr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

I have never used a face wash product, so I thought I would and tried this one. I bought it to get rid of the blemishes.

The reviews I read about it on the official site of The Body Shop, had very positive ones, most of the people said that this product really helped with their acne and over-all skin condition. So it was a green light.

I have used it for a month at least and I only now noticed that my skin is very dry and blemishes are still there. So, basically the only thing it changed is the condition of my skin and in a negative way. I now need to apply moisturizer two coats, because the skin feels so tight and by the evening my skin gets too oily for my tolerance.

But the packaging is really nice and the product lasts a long time. I use it only in the evenings. Also, I think it removes make up very well (not the eye make-up, this cleanser is not for the eyes).

rated 1 of 5 on 1/10/2013 6:40:00 PM More reviews by Missmakeupgeek

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product didn't work for me! After use my skin felt really tight and throughout the day my skin got oiler! There was no balance. Didn't feel like my skin was clean afterward but just felt like it had, had chemicals on it.