July 23, 2014 | 1589 users online

Cleansers - The Body Shop - Tea Tree Oil Foaming Face Wash

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2013 5:41:00 AM More reviews by q8a6y5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

People with bump like rosacea, try this! I use this for a month now. I used to take medicins (accutane). This helped a lot, but I often got a few bumps. I use this at morning and evening and I am bumpfree. I read about tea tree and demodex, so i wanted to give it a try and so far it works great. I know only 100 percent of tea tree kills the demodex in one minute. But I think I have decreased the population. Also another explanation that this works, would be that this foam is antibacterial. When the demodex mites die, they unleash a bacterie.
Give it a try, I bought so many expensive products with great claims with no results.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2013 1:06:00 AM More reviews by nnana

I actually only bought this cleanser because since being pregnant I couldn't stand the scent of my regular facial wash (Clean & Clear) anymore. Somehow the tea tree scent helped soothe my headaches and nausea. As for its actual purpose I would rate it average. It didn't clear my acne, but neither did it cause new ones. I'm not particularly impressed with the foam it created either.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/10/2013 12:58:00 AM More reviews by teddykar97

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product runs out so quickly, it only lasted less than a month for me! When I first applied it to my wet skin it just sank right in and formed no bubbles so that was a bit of a bummer because I like bubbles c: But I massaged it into my skin and washed it off. It felt cool and refreshing but didn't do much for my acne. Also it isn't the best at removing makeup or left over makeup. I don't wear makeup on a everyday basis so it wasn't much of a problem for me but just a fact I'm throwing out there. Overall it's a pretty average cleanser but the fact that it only lasts a month is a set back considering the gel version of the cleanser lasted me WAAAYY longer than that.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/23/2013 11:10:00 PM More reviews by xsharmine

I was kinda excited when the body shop held a sale some time in June this year. I've always wanted to try out the tea tree line of products (I've tried the cleanser before & it worked pretty amazing) but they are a bit overpriced. SGD22.90 per bottle is considered expensive given the fact that another drug store cleanser that costs SGD12~18 may have given similar results. I wouldn't say it's bad, but I wouldn't say it's good. It didn't give me any break outs, but neither did it clear up my skin as they "guaranteed" :( I'm using - Bodyshop's tea tree facial foam + Lush's tea tree toner + bodyshop's tea tree oil on blemishes. The results weren't surprising or anything they just worked like any of my other cleansers I've used (Simple's moisturizing face wash, bioglo's whitening face wash etc). So... To sum it all up for you lazy readers. PROS: - didn't cause break outs (i have sensitive skin so thats a bonus) - smells nice - foamy texture is consistent - refreshing after each wash CONS: - didn't clear up my blemishes - didn't work any better than other drugstore cleansers - slightly overpriced, you should buy it when its on sale OVERALL: I'll see if my skin gets any better. Maybe it's because I dont use the bodyshop's tea tree toner as well? Haha will update soon.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/27/2013 1:30:00 PM More reviews by AnnaSmith11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

It's an average cleanser I would say. Cleans my face but I wouldn't say it's overly amazing.

The reason why I am giving it 3/5 is because of the horrible smell! I really don't mind tea tree scents and have used some products with that scent in the past, however this one was really strong!! I really hated it. If you are not a fan of tea tree I would not recommend this.

Having said that I have been using this every night for some weeks now and got used to the smell... :p But based on my initial reaction I would probably look for something different once this one finishes, maybe one that isn't as strong. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2013 2:22:00 AM More reviews by rodfru

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff! I have spot prone oily/combination skin, and this works perfectly. After a week my spots were gone.

I would not recommend this for people with dry skin as it may be drying, but for people with oily skin it is perfect!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2013 9:32:00 AM More reviews by cocopuffx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this face wash, it really helps prevent acne and reduces redness a little as well. I've used about 3 bottles of this and I'm probably going to get more. I use it twice daily and it doesn't dry out my combination skin at all, unlike the clean and clear foaming cleanser which made my cheeks all dry and flaky. a really good buy :)

rated 3 of 5 on 4/26/2013 3:54:00 PM More reviews by itstotallybea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Only started using this a few days ago (once daily) and I have mixed feelings about it. I do feel how cleansing it is, it is very refreshing and smells of pure tea tree but afterwords my skin feels very tight and as with any face wash with tea tree in it it makes my skin flush quite red for a while, for that reason it's a wash I have to use at night and not in the morning. I like the fact that it foams, it is a nice texture and feels nice on the skin. It can be quite harsh however so I recommend this be a 3-4 times a week thing instead of every day.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2013 6:13:00 AM More reviews by vania28

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I love this product. When I first use it,there were no signs of allergy reaction,my skin didn't dry out,it became less oily,it feels moist,and most importantly the blemishes faded away. Now my skin is clearer than ever before. The tea tree scent could be so strong,and please remember that this is not for the eyes,so be careful when you apply it around the eyes area.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2013 1:35:00 AM More reviews by JellyBellyBean

I've been using this product for about 3 weeks now, and my first impression was this thing sucks! Because the first few days I used this cleanser with the tea tree skin clearing lotion, my whole face was peeling with skin, and it stung. Like a lot. But because I have combination skin, I only use the tea tree lotion on my t-zone, and then apply the aloe night/day moisturizer on my cheeks and chin. Of course, nothing is complete without the toner, so I applied the aloe calming toner before the moisturizer. (I should've put the toner part before the moisturizer.) After figuring out that, my skin doesn't peel after I dry my face that was just washed with the cleanser, and it feels much smoother than before.

Now, for the "getting rid of blemishes" claim, I have yet to see the proof. The on difference I see with my really bad acne is that my forehead isn't as oily as before and it looks much better, but when I feel my forehead with my finger, all the bumps are still there. I guess you have to use it for at least 2 months to see the results.

Other than that, I would recommend this product for only oily/combination skin, because my first few uses resulted in my skin peeling badly.