Burt's Bees Evening Primrose Overnight Creme [DISCONTINUED]

3.6

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

sweet almond oil, beeswax, rosa damascena (rose) flower water, glycerin, sesame seed oil, evening primrose oil, rosa canina (rosehip) seed oil, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, avocado oil, tocopheryl acetate, grapefruit seed extract, rosa damascena (rose) flower oil, lavender oil, ylang ylang flower oil, tocopherol, rosemary extract, beta-carotene, sodium borate, glucose, glucose oxidase, lactoperoxidase

on 12/11/2008 11:48:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I bought this product online and did not know what to expect, especially after reading the negative reviews. I was curious to smell it after the descriptions on here. It arrived yesterday and I don't quite know how to explain the scent yet. It isn't very pleasant and I find it distracting. It's definitely earthy, like a compost tinged with roses.

It's quite thick and gritty and not easily spreadable. I don't see how it can be used for all over the face but it seems best for select areas like around the eyes. It goes on greasy and shiny.

I've only used it once so I'll see if I develop a liking toward it.

on 9/8/2008 5:23:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

i'm reviewing this as a lip balm, which is the only purpose i find it useful for. the second i put it on my lips i can feel them soaking in the moisture-- it feels wonderful and makes them incredibly smooth and appear fuller? maybe i am imagining it... the smell is kind of interesting but i don't hate it. i wear it at night alone as a treatment and during the day under a gloss or lipstick.

on 3/29/2008 10:47:00 AM

Fabulous product for dry skin! Makeup trick: Put on your daily moisturizer and foundation and then wait 15 minutes and then apply a thin layer of this product OVER your makeup. It gives your skin a dewy luminescent look.

My skin is normally dry and kind of dull (it's aging!) and I always get compliments on my skin when I do this. It knocks ten years off my face. Yay!

on 3/27/2008 10:17:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This product is a godsend. that being sid it is NOT for evryone. i have the driest skin on the planet, including psoriasis and extreme sensitivity. This is the most moisturizing face creme I have ever used. It has a very salve-ish feel to it. yeah its greasy but not bad greasy, like protective and nourishing. This has great possibilities for anyone one with mature or very dry skin. the smell is fairly organic, flowery, not a big deal.

on 3/12/2008 2:51:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

very moisturizing but the scent is disgusting.

It gets a 5 as hand cream in winter time by the way.

on 12/10/2007 8:31:00 PM

I use this as a lip balm. If you don't mind the taste of flowers and the gritty feel, it's super moisturizing. I learned this from another MUA user. Whoever it was, thanks! I was about to toss it, you saved me a lot of money.

On another note, if you have dry, mature skin I think this would be good for nighttime use. I just wish it didn't come in a pot, it's pretty hard to get off the fingers.

on 11/26/2007 7:33:00 PM

This has the consistency of lip balm and the smell of my grandmother. I hate the scent. Though it moisturizes fine, it's too heavy for my face. I considered using this for my hands, elbows or cuticles, but I cannot stand that awful scent. Thankfully, I received a sample from a swap, so I didn't waste any money on it. I would definitely not recommend it. Yuck.

on 11/8/2007 5:56:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I've just used this for 2 times, and stopped. The creme doesn't feel soft at all but thick and hard. I can't even rub over to my face and I don't like the smell of it. After applying it all over face, it feels sticky and rough. Maybe I'll use it for foot or elbow.

on 8/20/2007 11:51:00 PM

a must have for facial eczema...completely transformed my skin and allowed me to stop using harsh perscriptions creams and steroids

on 7/29/2007 8:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Me: combo, sensitive skin.

As an overnight cream, this gets a 1. Incredibly heavy and broke me out.

As a eye cream, this gets a 3. Okay, nothing special...no breakouts near the eyes. Not much compared to the BB repair serum (though I don't have wrinkles [just dark circles] so this might work for that).

As a lip cream, this gets a 5. I tried it because of the comments here and was actually quite shocked that it worked. My lips are pretty full naturally so I only use this on my bottom lip, otherwise I end up in Lisa Rinna territory. But all the lines and dryness? Gone.

I'm not sure if I'll repurchase because, as others have said, the sample pot will probably last forever. But if you're interested in other Burt's Bees products, definitely try the kit.