September 21, 2014 | 996 users online

Moisturizers - Burt's Bees - Evening Primrose Overnight Creme [DISCONTINUED]

rated 2 of 5 on 12/11/2008 11:48:00 PM More reviews by twixy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this product online and did not know what to expect, especially after reading the negative reviews. I was curious to smell it after the descriptions on here. It arrived yesterday and I don't quite know how to explain the scent yet. It isn't very pleasant and I find it distracting. It's definitely earthy, like a compost tinged with roses.

It's quite thick and gritty and not easily spreadable. I don't see how it can be used for all over the face but it seems best for select areas like around the eyes. It goes on greasy and shiny.

I've only used it once so I'll see if I develop a liking toward it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2008 5:23:00 AM More reviews by Ravey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

i'm reviewing this as a lip balm, which is the only purpose i find it useful for. the second i put it on my lips i can feel them soaking in the moisture-- it feels wonderful and makes them incredibly smooth and appear fuller? maybe i am imagining it... the smell is kind of interesting but i don't hate it. i wear it at night alone as a treatment and during the day under a gloss or lipstick.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2008 10:47:00 AM More reviews by stabby

Fabulous product for dry skin! Makeup trick: Put on your daily moisturizer and foundation and then wait 15 minutes and then apply a thin layer of this product OVER your makeup. It gives your skin a dewy luminescent look.

My skin is normally dry and kind of dull (it's aging!) and I always get compliments on my skin when I do this. It knocks ten years off my face. Yay!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2008 10:17:00 PM More reviews by unloveable82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is a godsend. that being sid it is NOT for evryone. i have the driest skin on the planet, including psoriasis and extreme sensitivity. This is the most moisturizing face creme I have ever used. It has a very salve-ish feel to it. yeah its greasy but not bad greasy, like protective and nourishing. This has great possibilities for anyone one with mature or very dry skin. the smell is fairly organic, flowery, not a big deal.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2008 2:51:00 AM More reviews by clairecuixin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

very moisturizing but the scent is disgusting.

It gets a 5 as hand cream in winter time by the way.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2007 8:31:00 PM More reviews by Bhree

I use this as a lip balm. If you don't mind the taste of flowers and the gritty feel, it's super moisturizing. I learned this from another MUA user. Whoever it was, thanks! I was about to toss it, you saved me a lot of money.

On another note, if you have dry, mature skin I think this would be good for nighttime use. I just wish it didn't come in a pot, it's pretty hard to get off the fingers.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/26/2007 7:33:00 PM More reviews by pandabee

This has the consistency of lip balm and the smell of my grandmother. I hate the scent. Though it moisturizes fine, it's too heavy for my face. I considered using this for my hands, elbows or cuticles, but I cannot stand that awful scent. Thankfully, I received a sample from a swap, so I didn't waste any money on it. I would definitely not recommend it. Yuck.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/8/2007 5:56:00 PM More reviews by amor_peace

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've just used this for 2 times, and stopped. The creme doesn't feel soft at all but thick and hard. I can't even rub over to my face and I don't like the smell of it. After applying it all over face, it feels sticky and rough. Maybe I'll use it for foot or elbow.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2007 11:51:00 PM More reviews by mandrakey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

a must have for facial eczema...completely transformed my skin and allowed me to stop using harsh perscriptions creams and steroids

rated 3 of 5 on 7/29/2007 8:57:00 PM More reviews by rchickie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Me: combo, sensitive skin.

As an overnight cream, this gets a 1. Incredibly heavy and broke me out.

As a eye cream, this gets a 3. Okay, nothing special...no breakouts near the eyes. Not much compared to the BB repair serum (though I don't have wrinkles [just dark circles] so this might work for that).

As a lip cream, this gets a 5. I tried it because of the comments here and was actually quite shocked that it worked. My lips are pretty full naturally so I only use this on my bottom lip, otherwise I end up in Lisa Rinna territory. But all the lines and dryness? Gone.

I'm not sure if I'll repurchase because, as others have said, the sample pot will probably last forever. But if you're interested in other Burt's Bees products, definitely try the kit.