September 20, 2014 | 1437 users online

Moisturizers - Alpha Hydrox - Enhanced Lotion - 10% AHA

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2014 3:02:00 PM More reviews by trickmaus

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really love this whole brand, to be honest. I've used multiple products from their line and none of them have ever broken me out or really pissed off my skin.

As far as this particular lotion, I REALLY love it. I use it for my face, alternating nights. My skin is fairly used to AHAs, so I never really had to work my way up with it. It doesn't sting, though there is a faint chemical smell when I apply it, but it seems to fade over time. The texture is like a slightly watery lotion, easily spread and melts into the skin very quickly. You do have to be careful not to get it too close to your eyes, though.

I'm currently using this product in combination with Retin A Micro, alternating nights between them. For me, this functions as both a way to exfoliate the flaking I get from tretinoin use, as well as helping me to fade my PIH marks even more quickly than I would on the Retin A alone. My skin isn't completely spotless yet, but this really does speed up the fading of my marks, which I love. (However if you are on Retin A Micro, I recommend holding off on attempting this for the first few months of usage, and then going slowly just to make sure that you don't aggravate your sensitive skin!)

When I wasn't using Retin A Micro, I used this by itself to try to keep my skin clear...and it worked better than any other over the counter product I ever tried. I did still get a few pimples, but it tends to dry them up and heal them quickly, without allowing them to leave too much hyperpigmentation afterwards.

I would definitely recommend giving this line a try if you're dealing with acne, clogged pores, dry skin or hyperpigmentation. As far as cost goes, this is about as good as it gets without a trip to the doctor for a prescription. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2014 10:36:00 AM More reviews by thereisalwayshope

What it is good for:

Dry Skin
Uneven Skin
Dark Spots
Red Spots
Exfoliating Dead Skin

Con:
It can sting if you have active acne or lesions. If you have acne you can dilute this with your regular moisturizer in a 1:1 ratio and keep adjusting it until your face no longer seems to sting.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2013 10:53:00 AM More reviews by luckylauram

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm halfway through my second bottle this year and I love it! I use it once daily on my face, neck, chest, shoulders and upper arms. It smooths and moisturizes my skin so well and has completely gotten rid of bumps on my upper arms, and cleared my acne. I have no irritation with this, and it even leaves me moisturized. For $10 at Walgreens, it's cheap enough for me to use all over.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2013 3:57:00 PM More reviews by acv1106

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I only bought this a week ago, but it has already done wonders for my skin. Before using this, my skin always had dry patches no matter what I did. I've used Stridex in the red box, Paula's choice BHA, and physical exfoliation before this, and this lotion is the only thing that got rid of the dry patches. After only a week my skin feels softer and foundation goes on much smoother and much more flawlessly. The tone is already starting to improve. I first bought this anticipating the dryness that would come along, even though it is a lotion. I was pleasantly surprised that my skin actually feels softer. I don't even need to put my cerave in the tub over it for added moisture. I will update this review in a few weeks when I have used it more.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2013 5:31:00 PM More reviews by BeachBunnieXO

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I really like this lotion. I have used AHA's regularly for a while now so I have not had any severe tingling or burns with this at all. It's slightly prickly feeling for a minute or so but then that goes away- that tells you it's working. It's an ACID, it's supposed to do something! I find using this by itself is perfect for my combination/oily skin. I have very little shine throughout the day and my skin doesn't feel dry or anything. Any blemishes I had have dried up with the consistent use of this, and my fine lines have definitely improved. Of course you have to wear a sunscreen with this. You should be wearing one anyway girls! Every. Single. Day. Anyway if you're nt super sensitive I definitely recommend this! The price is awesome, especially when you consider the fact that you get 6 full ounces! That's awesome! Hope you enjoy!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2013 12:28:00 AM More reviews by aimeeestfancy

amazing for adult acne, holy grail status for years

rated 4 of 5 on 10/26/2013 10:43:00 PM More reviews by tori497

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have been using this for about three weeks and so far I am pleased. For reference, I bought this to use as a body lotion, not on my face. I am using this once a day on my legs, arms and chest. I am not noticing any breakouts at all or burning.

I originally bought it for mild KP on the back of my upper arms and tried it on a whim on my lower legs. I epilate and even with exfoliating every day, I get the occasional ingrowns. Not the painful ones but visible hair growing under the top layer of my skin. It has helped the KP a lot, to the point it is close to gone, and my legs are smoother now too. I get the occasional blemish on my upper chest and I am not noticing any new "activity" since using this.

Since I do not use this on my face, I cannot attest to it's use there. For my body, I really like the results. I bought mine at Walgreens for $9 on sale and haven't put very much of a dent in the bottle so far. The scent and consistency remind me of Vanicream. Once rubbed in, I do not notice any scent at all. So far I am having great results with this product and will continue to purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2013 12:52:00 AM More reviews by Isabelle49

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used the Alpha Hydrox many many years ago, probably before I really needed it, but didn't see much change. I believe since then the pH has been adjusted for better performance.

I started using the Enhanced Lotion about 4 weeks ago and have noticed that all of the blocked pores/bumps around the lower eye are gone now. I have also noticed the cross-hatching patch below my eyes is barely visible. My "11"'s between the brows are markedly reduced. After application, there is pretty marked tingling/prickly feeling, but not so bad that I can't tolerate it. There is no skin redness, so not worried about it.

In a nutshell, at age 64, this product works! I will repurchase. BTW recently returned products by Perricone MD because one of them was defective and I think anyone with MD behind their name should never sell a product that is defective. Quality assurance should be very high on their list.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 10/3/2013 1:29:00 AM More reviews by TickleyPickle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

IF YOU HAVE ACNE-PRONE SKIN STAY FAR AWAY FROM THIS! I gave it a try bc it was relatively cheap and I have had good luck with Glycolic acid in the past (Aqua Glycolic) but this stuff was an absolute NIGHTMARE for my skin. I used it for a week and I immediately got 3 large cystic pimples. ONE WEEK! As soon as I started breaking out I immediately discontinued use and threw it away. I know for an absolute fact that it was this product that caused the breakouts. It was the only new thing in my routine and as soon as I quit using it, the breakouts stopped. I thought I was safe bc I know Glycolic acid is supposed to be good for acne-prone skin but this broke me out like crazy! It caused my skin to look like my pre-Accutane days! I know everyone's skin is different but I've seen quite a few reviews of this product where other ppl said it broke them out, too.

I used it during the day underneath my makeup and it always looked horrible. Definitely would not rec it for day use. It is a heavy cream and you can only use a small amount or else it just looks nasty. You can absolutely feel in on your skin the entire time you're wearing it. It made my makeup look thick and cakey. It stings when it goes on your skin and always turned my face (temporarily) red. The stinging was by no means unbearable, and I would GLADLY use this product if it actually worked. But alas, this product was an absolute disaster. It also smelled strongly of urea when I applied my ss on top. That's also another con of this product. It makes your skin more likely to burn in the sun.

As far as packaging goes I like it. You get a very generous amount of product and it comes in a nice enough bottle. That's about all I like about this product....

So do yourself a favor and pass on this if your skin is even remotely acne-prone. There are plenty of other Glycolic acid products out there.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/25/2013 10:07:00 PM More reviews by LauraNH

I have brown/olive skin (I'm black and white). I started using this product to get rid of old acne marks. It DID fade my acne marks BUT at the cost of constant breakouts. After about 2 weeks, the 'purging' was settling down but I didn't use it for a couple of days and I felt as if my skin was Re-purging when I put it on again!! I kept on using it for a couple more weeks but it would get rid of one breakout and create another. I gave this product 3 lippies because I was applying it on my lower legs as well and it did significantly fade scars there with no problems at all! Not the product for my face but thumbs up for my lower legs!