July 24, 2014 | 1772 users online

Moisturizers - Alpha Hydrox - Enhanced Lotion - 10% AHA

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2013 5:31:00 PM More reviews by BeachBunnieXO

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I really like this lotion. I have used AHA's regularly for a while now so I have not had any severe tingling or burns with this at all. It's slightly prickly feeling for a minute or so but then that goes away- that tells you it's working. It's an ACID, it's supposed to do something! I find using this by itself is perfect for my combination/oily skin. I have very little shine throughout the day and my skin doesn't feel dry or anything. Any blemishes I had have dried up with the consistent use of this, and my fine lines have definitely improved. Of course you have to wear a sunscreen with this. You should be wearing one anyway girls! Every. Single. Day. Anyway if you're nt super sensitive I definitely recommend this! The price is awesome, especially when you consider the fact that you get 6 full ounces! That's awesome! Hope you enjoy!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2013 12:28:00 AM More reviews by aimeeestfancy

amazing for adult acne, holy grail status for years

rated 4 of 5 on 10/26/2013 10:43:00 PM More reviews by tori497

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have been using this for about three weeks and so far I am pleased. For reference, I bought this to use as a body lotion, not on my face. I am using this once a day on my legs, arms and chest. I am not noticing any breakouts at all or burning.

I originally bought it for mild KP on the back of my upper arms and tried it on a whim on my lower legs. I epilate and even with exfoliating every day, I get the occasional ingrowns. Not the painful ones but visible hair growing under the top layer of my skin. It has helped the KP a lot, to the point it is close to gone, and my legs are smoother now too. I get the occasional blemish on my upper chest and I am not noticing any new "activity" since using this.

Since I do not use this on my face, I cannot attest to it's use there. For my body, I really like the results. I bought mine at Walgreens for $9 on sale and haven't put very much of a dent in the bottle so far. The scent and consistency remind me of Vanicream. Once rubbed in, I do not notice any scent at all. So far I am having great results with this product and will continue to purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2013 12:52:00 AM More reviews by Isabelle49

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used the Alpha Hydrox many many years ago, probably before I really needed it, but didn't see much change. I believe since then the pH has been adjusted for better performance.

I started using the Enhanced Lotion about 4 weeks ago and have noticed that all of the blocked pores/bumps around the lower eye are gone now. I have also noticed the cross-hatching patch below my eyes is barely visible. My "11"'s between the brows are markedly reduced. After application, there is pretty marked tingling/prickly feeling, but not so bad that I can't tolerate it. There is no skin redness, so not worried about it.

In a nutshell, at age 64, this product works! I will repurchase. BTW recently returned products by Perricone MD because one of them was defective and I think anyone with MD behind their name should never sell a product that is defective. Quality assurance should be very high on their list.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 10/3/2013 1:29:00 AM More reviews by TickleyPickle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

IF YOU HAVE ACNE-PRONE SKIN STAY FAR AWAY FROM THIS! I gave it a try bc it was relatively cheap and I have had good luck with Glycolic acid in the past (Aqua Glycolic) but this stuff was an absolute NIGHTMARE for my skin. I used it for a week and I immediately got 3 large cystic pimples. ONE WEEK! As soon as I started breaking out I immediately discontinued use and threw it away. I know for an absolute fact that it was this product that caused the breakouts. It was the only new thing in my routine and as soon as I quit using it, the breakouts stopped. I thought I was safe bc I know Glycolic acid is supposed to be good for acne-prone skin but this broke me out like crazy! It caused my skin to look like my pre-Accutane days! I know everyone's skin is different but I've seen quite a few reviews of this product where other ppl said it broke them out, too.

I used it during the day underneath my makeup and it always looked horrible. Definitely would not rec it for day use. It is a heavy cream and you can only use a small amount or else it just looks nasty. You can absolutely feel in on your skin the entire time you're wearing it. It made my makeup look thick and cakey. It stings when it goes on your skin and always turned my face (temporarily) red. The stinging was by no means unbearable, and I would GLADLY use this product if it actually worked. But alas, this product was an absolute disaster. It also smelled strongly of urea when I applied my ss on top. That's also another con of this product. It makes your skin more likely to burn in the sun.

As far as packaging goes I like it. You get a very generous amount of product and it comes in a nice enough bottle. That's about all I like about this product....

So do yourself a favor and pass on this if your skin is even remotely acne-prone. There are plenty of other Glycolic acid products out there.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/25/2013 10:07:00 PM More reviews by LauraNH

I have brown/olive skin (I'm black and white). I started using this product to get rid of old acne marks. It DID fade my acne marks BUT at the cost of constant breakouts. After about 2 weeks, the 'purging' was settling down but I didn't use it for a couple of days and I felt as if my skin was Re-purging when I put it on again!! I kept on using it for a couple more weeks but it would get rid of one breakout and create another. I gave this product 3 lippies because I was applying it on my lower legs as well and it did significantly fade scars there with no problems at all! Not the product for my face but thumbs up for my lower legs!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2013 6:46:00 PM More reviews by Giginana

WOW! WOW! WOW!
After reading such great reviews I decided to purchase this. I bought it for 11.99, at Walgreens, which really isn't that much, but for a college student that doesn't have a job.....eh. Anyways I've been using this for about two weeks, and Im starting to see great differences. I'll go step by step.

Fist thing, I put this all over my face at NIGHT only, and ten minutes after I but a layer of moisturizer because I noticed some dryness when i don't.

The first week I did not experience any tingling or burning, which I found weird, but a week later I started feeling a little tingle, but nothing unbearable.

I broke out the first week, but it was very minor, and I just stuck with it, SO GLAD I DID.

Today, my skin looks radiant. I still have some little acne bumps, that are going away slowly, and hyper-pigmentation on the cheeks, but this has definitely started to fade them!

Im extremely satisfied with the results I have seen in a matter of two week. Can't wait to see what my skin will be like at he one month mark, will def. do an update!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2013 10:47:00 PM More reviews by aharb013

Yay, AHA! This does a good job of doing some moderate exfoliation without any irritation. It doesn't clog my pores or cause breakouts, and helps to even my skin tone and texture and keep my skin clear. It's fairly priced for an effective AHA product. I can use it everyday if I wanted without irritation, but I tend to use it every second day (not after manually exfoliating during shower). I don't need another moisturizer on top either, unless I am going outside and need some spf.

Definitely check it out!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2013 8:20:00 AM More reviews by paradoxical76

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a great AHA for me. I've noticed a big difference in my face, overall clearer and the *11's* between my eyebrows are less pronounced. I've never had a problem with it stinging, or the scent. I use it 2x a day, morning and night. I also really like to use it on my feet at night...apply it, then a heavy lotion. Put some socks on, feet are baby soft in the morning. It's around $13 at Walgreens I think, kind of expensive by drugstore standards, but for all the more you need it lasts awhile and is well worth it. It's also great to mix a tiny bit with cuticle remover! For as great and multi purpose as this is, I can't wait to try some of their other products.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2013 2:36:00 PM More reviews by Eire1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I brought this while on vacation this summer. It is really hard to find an AHA or BHA that has a pH and amount of keratolyctic solution together that works. I have tried 2 similar products by Olay that had these defects.
The lotion is 6 fl oz, so it should last a reasonably long time.This also does not have amy fragrance which is a plus.
I wish they had added some more beneficial ingredients in here (like antioxidants). If you are looking for something with a little more 'oomph' the AHA souffle by the same company is slightly better than this. This has 10% glycolic acid that is a little high , so if you have sensitive skin beware, and as always you must wear a sunscreen with this.