November 24, 2014 | 1278 users online

Conditioner - Pureology - Pure Volume

rated 1 of 5 on 1/23/2010 1:55:00 AM More reviews by doe07

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

All I can say about this conditioner is bad, bad, bad! I bought the shampoo and conditioner, and my hair felt ruined after the very first use. It was much like getting a really bad, overprocessed perm. My hair actually crunched under my fingers.
I ended up keeping the shampoo, and using it followed by a very good quality conditioner (Terax crema), but I just had no desire to try and save the conditioner. It was quite pricey, so I was disappointed to have to throw it out. If your hair leans at all toward being dry, avoid this line of products.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2009 2:17:00 PM More reviews by cainca

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

this jacked up my hair big-time. i like their volumizing shampoo with the hydrating conditioner - but my hair looked really really really REALLY bad when i used the volume conditioner. it got dry and frizzy and just looked as bad as it has ever looked. i couldnt believe it given my happiness with their volume shampoo and hydrate conditioner. not nearly conditioning enough, i really hated this product. i threw it in the garbage because i'd lost the receipt - complete junk, i would rather throw it away than put it on my hair, please think about how bad i think it is then to literally toss a $50 bottle of conditioner rather than continue to use it up. one of the worst products i've ever used

rated 2 of 5 on 9/16/2009 2:20:00 AM More reviews by infusion77

This is the worst conditioner I have tried. I had damaged hair due to to medications and illness. My hair was not doing well at all. My stylist swears by this stuff, but it does nothing for my hair. Usually conditioner makes your hair feel softer, smoother, and just better. This conditioner made my hair hard to brush (and my hair is short), frizzy, and lifeless. I now use Joico Moisture Recovery and my hair is back to normal and very healthy again. Too bad I have huge bottles of this shampoo and conditioner. The shampoo is okay, but not the conditioner.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2009 10:59:00 AM More reviews by monkeysss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

My friend gave me Pureology's Volume shampoo and conditioner because she disliked the smell and she knows how much I like their hydrating line. This product is a pale colored balm with a sweet smell, which I believe helps make up for the not as wonderful smell of the shampoo. As far as its effects on color treated hair I find that Pureology has been the best at protecting my color and not making it fade as much as with other lines I've used. I don't find this product ideal for my layered fine, frizzy wavy/curly hair. If I don't put a product in my hair that eliminates frizz or run a flat iron over it a bit, my hair looks like a frizzy poof ball. This does its job of aiding volume, but doesn't help enough with keeping the frizzies away. I am glad that I received this for free, because I do not find it worth the price. This would probably work fine for other hair types that aren't quite so damaged.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/23/2009 2:40:00 PM More reviews by prettylildevil

This stuff is really something awful. Upon putting it on in the shower, my hair would feel instantly dryer and very brittle. When I would wake up in the morning (after showering at night) my hair was SUPER tangled and really frizzy, which it never is. I had to rake it into submission. I did this for almost a week before giving up. I was so mad I had paid so much for this crud!

So, I went to WalMart, bought a big bottle of Tresemme, and nurtured my hair back to health! It was only $3.84 for a 32 oz. bottle of stuff that really worked!!!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/12/2009 12:59:00 AM More reviews by ABB

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

Just o.k. and I'd like to give it a 2 1/2. The smell is annoying, I prefer the woodsy scent of the straight shampoo over this sickly sweet scent. It is very rich feeling and concentrated although it doesn't work wonders on my hair. I get much better results from Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose conditioner. I didn't notice any increase in hydration, shine or volume with this conditioner and it should do something amazing to justify the cost.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2009 7:15:00 PM More reviews by floydus

I use this with the shampoo and have been very happy with the results. Great combo!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/21/2008 10:34:00 PM More reviews by r3ll3

This stuff is FANTASTIC. Made my dry, frizzy, breaking hair into a bouncy, fluffy, hydrated mane!! Yes, it is expensive, but you honestly only need about a dime-sized amount. It is that powerful. It also leaves my hair smelling pretty, natural, and herb-y. LOVE.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2008 6:17:00 PM More reviews by louy

Was okay. Didn't like the price but though "what the heck, let's try it." I think I can find better.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2008 3:26:00 AM More reviews by kylesmom27

I love this conditioner! It's moisturizing but not too heavy for my fine hair. It also smells wonderful, the scent stays with me all day long. I don't use it everyday, I alternate it with Bumble and Bumble Creme de Coco for extra moisture. When I blowdry my hair after using the PVC, my hair is shiny and smooth but still bouncy. I find that I can go every other day washing when using this conditioner with the matching Pureology shampoo. Will repurchase definately, but just bought a liter and it'll take a while to get through that.