October 25, 2014 | 1850 users online

Liquid - Marcelle - Oil Free Matte Finish Make Up in Normal/Oily/Combo Skin [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2010 9:02:00 AM More reviews by kristina123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Great product, for my oily skin it stays on very well.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/26/2010 1:04:00 AM More reviews by crystal9

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

it didn't break me out, which is a good thing. however, it's not a matte foundation as the name suggests.
    -coverage: i think this is a rather sheer and watery foundation, while somehow still managing to making you look like you're wearing makeup, which is terrible.
    -staying power: not that great. i have oily skin (which this foundation is meant for) and when i blot my face throughout the day some foundation comes off onto the blotting paper. if i dont blot, the foundation forms this.. pattern.. where they clump wherever there's no pore/oil. hard to describe, but basically looks horrible.
    -colour: i'm NC25 and i found this in Almond to work best for me. for me though, i could use a bit more yellow undertone. i can't speak for any other colour though.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/27/2009 11:38:00 PM More reviews by RTDsbb

I've used this for more than a month now, and i do like it, but it is defintlely not my HG. What i do like is that it doesnt make my face break out (which is really a miracle, becuz pretty much everything does), it looks really natural. However, its really thick which i dont like. It's not a mask type feeling that makes it thick, its the consistency, which i find harder to blend. It is also very light weight and gives very minimal coverage, and doesnt really stay matte that long. Overall i will keep using because it doesnt irritate my skin, but I'm still searching for my HG!!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/21/2006 10:29:00 AM More reviews by ravenmcc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I used this for a week and every night I couldn't wait to wash it off my face. This was not matte at all and left my skin feeling greasier than usual.
    I wanted to love it. The colors are fine, and matched alright. I have a very oily t-zone and I think I'll stick with powder foundations in the future.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/15/2006 8:37:00 PM More reviews by kings_20

I had really high hopes for this since I was in the market for a matte foundation. This did not do it. A couple of hours later my nose was as shiny as ever and the colour selection was really limited and the shaade I chose was a tad too light. It blended quickly and it did stay pretty matte, everything that is except for my nose! I don't even have oily skin, just combo. I prefer Colorstay to this. It did come with a bonus blush/powder combo so the price was definiely right. Not terrible but not great.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/27/2006 5:12:00 PM More reviews by steph22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

YESSS, I finally found a good foundation for my sensitive, yet pretty oily skin!!! This mattifies, and is thick, but easy to spread, and looks like my own skin. This is super natural looking and mattifties pretty good. I like Marcelle products and will continue to use their toner, powder and of course this!!
    EDIT: Loved it for like a day or two; still may be good for those really sensitive days. I prefer the old revlon colorstay, for it's better staying power and awesome mattifying abilities, I really can't get enough of it, too bad it's discontinued, I use the last of my stash sparingly.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/14/2005 1:30:00 PM More reviews by nonpromqueen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Awesome foundation. One of the few I've found that doesn't cause me to break out.

I use "Barely There" and it's not noticable in the least. Very very light on the skin! Will definately buy again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2005 11:28:00 PM More reviews by Kat2004

Great lightweight foundation for oily skin, I haev super oily skin and this foundation give a nice matte finish. Reasonalbly priced too at $9 bottle. Marcelle products have always been good, i'll repurchase this in a lighter shade for the winter months.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2004 5:14:00 AM More reviews by OliveBunny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this foundation. It feel so nice and light weight on my skin, I can hardly feel that I am wearing anything. I tried almost all of the drug store brand foundation and at least 1/2 of the department store foundations, this one feels the most comfortable on my skin because it goes on like 2nd skin. It does not break me out (great news), it is not greasy, does not change color on my combination / oily skin and it does not dry out the dry area of my skin either. With a lot of foundations for combination skin I find the finish either too heavy (that you can feel a layer of cream color on your face) or too drying for the dry areas of the face. This foundation leaves a soft matte finish, and I do find the matte finish does stay on a little longer than other "oil absorbing" foundation I tried. I still have to blot my face every few hours, but the oil production is noticably less. I must also mention the quick setting time of this product. For some foundation you put it on and it feels like it still haven't fully set in 30 min (and you get foundation all over your collar). But this foundation sets in less than 5 second for me and it last a good 6 hours. I do find this a little expensive for a drug store brand ($12.99), but trust me it's worth it. If they have more color selection & a pump bottle for this foundation I would give it a full 5 lippie. The color selection is a hectic for people with yellow undertone & medimum tone skin. The colors are either too pale or too pink. I had Linen, which is a less than perfect color but I still wear it every day. ^.^

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2004 2:43:00 AM More reviews by smee123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Awesome product. I took a lipstick off because I don't think the color selection is very good. I ended up getting Almond and it blends in with my skintone but other brands have better colors. The bottle doesn't bother me that much because you're supposed to shake it anyway before use so all the foundation goes to the top anyway. The coverage is light to medium. Very natural looking.