July 22, 2014 | 1646 users online

Moisturizers - Aveeno - Hydrocortisone Anti-Itch Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2006 5:37:00 PM More reviews by Cheeseandrice

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this product! It's my MUST HAVE for combating acne. I'm serious! My friend recommended it to me. She has perfect clear skin and the only thing she uses is this product on the occasional pimple. I was hesitant at first but decided to try it out. I just spot treat it on my zits and it reduces the redness and swelling and brings it to a head in only a day or two! This product is great! My acne goes away in half the time now.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2005 4:08:00 PM More reviews by Heavenllie77

I have VERY sensitive skin and recently burned my face using another "miracle" product that really wasn't. To help get rid of the burning sensation I bought a tube of this cream and applied it on my face. THIS PRODUCT IS WONDERFUL!!! I have very odd skin it's super dry in some spots and super oily in others. I love this cream so much although it is really supposed to be used for skin irritations, I find it is the perfect moisturizer for me through the fall/winter months. It's not oily, a little goes a long way, AND my face does NOT break out at all!! It's a miracle in a tube, forget the fancy creams I'm keeping my accidentally-found yet perfect moisturizer.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/12/2005 12:47:00 PM More reviews by j2blue

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

What is the point
Just buy the cortisone cream GENERIC....it is the same and you get more medicine per ounce for your BUCK

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2005 5:05:00 AM More reviews by twysmith

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I haven't tried this exact product but did try the anti itch lotion without hydrocortisone. I assume it works the same but the other one is better. I don't think this is for daily use. If you are using it daily or all the time I would call an MD or Dermatologist might be something that needs a prescription treatment. I don't know but the lotion seems better than a cream anyways!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2004 1:00:00 PM More reviews by Sonatina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This works really well at reducing skin itchiness due to irritation. It's a fragrance-free cream that absorbs quickly. Nice packaging too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2004 3:56:00 AM More reviews by innamorata

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought a tube of this when my kids had chickenpox this past winter. My son had caught his second case of the pox at age twelve, and he had them BAD...I've never seen a case as bad as he had them. Anyway, I bought a tube of this for him to help relieve itching and discomfort, since he had much of both. He said it made his skin feel better and the itch was much more managable. He still got scars, but that was his own doings, not the fault of this cream. BTW, between the two kids, I went through two 1 oz tubes. Maybe a little more expensive than regular calamine lotion, but IMO it worked better, probably because of the hydrocortisone and oatmeal.

I still keep a tube of this around for insect bites and minor skin irritations. It isn't something to use every day, only if you have something like a bug bite or a rash. My daughter likes to use it on "itchy skin" (translation...she scratched something and now her skin is a little red). I did have a minor skin irritation caused by my pantyhose rubbing on the inside of my leg, and this helped it to feel better and dry up faster. It does smell kind of funky, though, and the pinky color is odd, but it works so who cares? I will say this...be careful when squeezing the tube, because this stuff has a tendency to squirt out all at once and it goes everywhere in big plops. I am seriously tube-challenged... continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2004 10:13:00 PM More reviews by smartypants21

Light, non-greasy, fast-absorbing. Has no smell and relieves itch but I find that I have to put a lot on.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/27/2004 6:29:00 PM More reviews by kirinr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just want to let everyone know that continuous use of hydrocortisone on the skin can lead to collagen of the skin being destroyed and cause skin fragility

5 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2003 3:57:00 PM More reviews by CherryBlossom03

Relieves itchiness from minor skin irritations. Has a funky smell but when you're itchy it doesn't matter. I got it for about $10 CDN while on vacation but when I got back, the local drugstore sold it for about $6CDN.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2003 12:08:00 AM More reviews by cammi51

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The virtues of this cream are manifold.

First and foremost, I use it on my face as a night cream and spot treatment. It is very emollient but is oil-free so it doesn't clog pores. Most importantly, the 0.5% hydrocortisone smoothes the skin and helps blemishes to heal extra quickly without drying. The anti-itch and soothing ingredients diminish redness and roughness.

Secondly, it can be used on your body for anything from insect bites to eczema. I put this immediately on mosquito bites and it eliminates itchiness and swelling in a flash. It's convenient to carry around for dry and itchy spots, especially if you have dry sensitive skin.

Lastly, the price is right! I buy this at the drugstore for around $10 CDN. My colleague swears by Cortate, another 0.5% hydrocortisone cream that costs about half the price (make sure you buy the cream and not the ointment).

I'm not sure if there are any side effects to using this cream regularly on your face, so I use it sparingly, only as needed (not every night).

EVERY woman needs a tube of this stuff! continued >>