November 21, 2014 | 1809 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Super Lustrous in Blackberry [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2012 1:01:00 AM More reviews by girlndocs

It does look super brown in the tube, but not when I put it on -- it's a pretty, muted neutral red. Kind of nice for fall because of that muted quality.

No strong scent, decent texture (not super moisturizing but less drying on my lips than NYC Retro Red), satin finish, good pigmentation, and decent staying power.

I have pale, yellow-tinged cool skin and deep auburn dyed hair verging on wine and this shade is pretty flattering on me. Going by the fact that it also looks great on olive-skinned women and fair women with dark hair, I'd agree it probably is as universally flattering as people say. It's dramatic without being necessarily punch-you-in-the-eye arresting.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2012 8:30:00 PM More reviews by celestdelune32

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Im obsessed with red lips so this product is a steal! I usually go for deep color lips and this is a winner.My only favorite red lipstick!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2012 12:56:00 PM More reviews by ml44

I dug this out from under my car seat this weekend. It hadn't melted out of the tube and was amazingly intact. I have been aware of this lipstick for a long time because it looked amazing on one of my extended family members. I didn't remember to what extent I liked it on myself. However, it was in my hand so I gave it a try as a stain by dabbing it on and blending. It really looked great that way. I tried it full on later and it is too vampy for me, partly because of my age (50s but holding up well). Using it as a stain gave it more of a deep summer berry look. I wore it for an afternoon and it really lasted and as others reviewers said, it fades to a lighter berry. I tried it with MAC Beet lipliner lightly at the lipline; this is a good liner with it that brings out more of the red quality instead of the dark quality. I'm not a super big fan of Revlon lipsticks, but some of them are really great and most are worth a try. This one seems to be popular with a lot of people. I'm pale wih gold tones; my family member is pale with pink tones, so this lipstick probably has a range of people that it would suit.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/25/2012 4:46:00 AM More reviews by jamster86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this as a slightly more conservative alternative to my usual bright reds as I heard it was a nice sophisticated looking red. The colour is certainly nice and the texture is fine too. I wear it quite sparingly otherwise it looks a big vampy. I really wanted to love this as a lot of other people do,and I cant really find anything terrible to say about it - it's just... fine. I might buy it again as its very very cheap for occasional use, but I don't think its anything to rave about unfortunately

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2012 6:50:00 PM More reviews by GucciDiva

Super beautiful red. I'd describe this as...expensive looking. It has a very different feel than a bright red. It looks luxurious and is perfect for fall/winter. It is a dark blood red with slight brown undertones. I have pale skin with neutral undertones and I've had a problem finding a nice dark winter red, and the color of this is beautiful.
    However...the formula. It is so slick. Not what I want from a dark color. I'm still on the hunt for the perfect dark red.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/15/2012 8:19:00 PM More reviews by dpet0153

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

This lipstick is great. It's a deep red. It leaves the lips with a gorgeous stain after it wears off. An awesome color for fall. It is also an exact dupe (in my opinion) of Nars Fire Down Below, swatched on my hand next to each other, they looked about identical
    Edit: I changed my rating on this one because, I sort of stopped wearing this because it's so slippery on my lips and just doesn't last. it bleeds and smears too much. Also the packaging is pretty bad, because the cap is always falling off. So it's not purse safe. Not going to buy again, instead I'll continue using NARS Fire Down Below, because it's the same color but with a matte finish that lasts all day. This one just wasn't worth the 7 or 8 bucks I paid for it

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2012 2:56:00 AM More reviews by Jowina

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

This is my first real red lippie and it is phenomenal. It is dark vampy red on the tube but applied and lightly dabbed on is a very wearable red for day. Revlon is my go to brand for DS lippies

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2012 10:15:00 PM More reviews by sweetgardenangel

After some research here on MUA, I finally tracked down this great lipstick, called Blackberry. It's a fantastic dark red, bordering on the vampy, yet evocative look of the Evil Queen on Once Upon a Time! This works really well with the pale faces like myself!

Moisturizing, creamy, it isn't a shimmer, nor a sheer! It lasted a good, 5-6 hours, fading away to a nice deep berry stain on the lips. Reds sometime turn pinky on me, but this doesn't. It stays true to the dark red. I matched a plum lip liner from Avon with it, to avoid any possible feathering.

I really don't have a dupe of this fantastic color in my small cache of lipsticks. So, if you are looking to expand your "reds", give this one a shot. It will be one that you will grab more often that you think! I just love this "old Hollywood" red! It's a great performer!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2012 10:00:00 PM More reviews by DecoDolly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

LOVE this lipstick. Deep, dark, vampy, gorgeous red. Creamy without looking wet or shimmery. I'm a red lipstick fiend and this is among my favorite shades. I use it with Avon lipliner in "deep plum".

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2012 12:19:00 PM More reviews by loudmouth

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

i've been looking for this color ever since i heard it was a dupe for mac dubonnet... seeing as i don't own dubonnet, i can't claim it is, but it looks really similar to the swatches i've seen online! this lipstick is lovely. it's a nice brown-toned neutral red that looks great on me, my mother, and all of my sisters! we all have different skin tones, so i think that attests to how universally flattering this lipstick is. this is especially good if you have a warm undertone. as usual for revlon lipsticks, blackberry is super creamy and pigmented. it has a creme finish, so it's not completely matte, nor shiny. i've heard that this shade is discontinued, or going to be... not sure how completely true that is. i found this lipstick at target, after not having been able to find it at walgreens or walmart. so yeah. i love this lipstick! it's the perfect red for me.