October 25, 2014 | 1835 users online

Conditioner - Paul Mitchell - Super Skinny Daily Treatment Conditioner

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2012 8:07:00 PM More reviews by junomacguff

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

The Ulta lady rec'd this and the matching shampoo to help with frizz on my fine hair. This stuff is crap! My hair had no slip but felt slimey after rinsing. The end result was awful using the two together, hair was weighed down but oddlly still frizzy. I don't expect miracles obviously but this shampoo and the matching conditioner combo were just bad. I've tried other PM shampoos and conditioners, they've never worked for me though some of their styling products are pretty decent. I returned both.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/25/2012 12:43:00 AM More reviews by babyraflotin

Goodness. This conditioner really felt soft in my hair when I was showering so I had high expectations. But, when I blow dried my hair, it felt so greasy and disgusting and absolutely abominable.

Well, I will just probably give this out to someone I hate, haha - kidding.

Anyways, Paul Michelle products are really good, this one is exceptionally a disgrace...

rated 1 of 5 on 1/29/2012 8:06:00 PM More reviews by ajohan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Worst hair product ever. My hair felt so gross after I used this. My hair is naturally wavy and generally disobedient, but after I used this my hair looked like Hermione's in Harry Potter. And I'm not talking her hair in the later movies. I'm talking the very first one where the hair stylists probably spent hours ratting her hair. Its too bad because they could have saved a lot of money by just having her wash her hair with this. Also, it made my hair feel like sticky straw. I threw out a nearly full bottle it was so bad. I would have been better off not putting conditioner in my hair at all. It took me days for my hair to return to normal.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/18/2012 6:13:00 PM More reviews by Darkswede

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Take what you think is your worst shampoo and conditioner and set them aside because you're going to need them later. Use any shampoo and then the Super Skinny treatment. Dry your hair and then feel it, or better yet, try to brush through it. You don't remember using cheap, sticky hairspray, do you? Now rewash your hair using your old, so-so stuff. Not so bad now- is it?

I bought this conditioner even after reading the horrible reviews. I'm so sorry Makeup Alley- I thought maybe everyone was wrong, since this is Paul Mitchell- how could it be that bad? I even gave it a second chance since the first time I left off my regular leave-in conditioner. The second time I used my leave-in and it didn't make any difference. Not only did it make my hair feel like there was hairspray in it all the time, but it was horribly staticy too. Don't waste your time and money. I'm returning mine asap. Suave and Dove aren't so bad after all.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/12/2011 2:48:00 AM More reviews by rambow

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this with Shampoo Two (clarifying) for about a week now.

I have fine, mostly straight, chin-length hair. I bought this because, though I have flat hair, it does tend to get flyaways and tiny bits of frizz in humidity, and I wanted to smooth it out.

This has filled the bill, so far, and it smells nice. It's a bit stiff as a conditioner goes, and my bottle flip-top has been a pain to get open, but I really can't complain. It's done what I wanted it to do.

I haven't had the issues with a film that other reviewers have mentioned. I sort of wonder if it's the combo of the Super Skinny shampoo with this conditioner that might cause problems? Oh well. Either way, I'm satisfied.

ETA: Still works okay, but I don't know if I would repurchase because my hair still seems rather static-y even after using this conditioner.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/3/2011 2:13:00 PM More reviews by jonie_k

Blech! This stuff leaves a weird film on my hair - it feels dirty. Doesn't smooth my hair or reduce drying time. I've tried using less product, rinsing more, etc. - still horrible results.

Don't waste your money on this!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2010 2:40:00 PM More reviews by simi531

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have only used the conditioner once, but liked it quite a bit...This whole line seems to work for me and nothing ever seems to work well for my crazy hair. I have not tried the shampoo but like the super skinny balm and serum when I use them together, not just on their own. My hair does not feel greasy or waxy like the other reviewers stated after using this condish...I don't know why? It is not a super heavy conditioner, but not too light either. It def. seemed 2 cut down on my drying time, but so does the serum and balm. My hair looks shiny and is light feeling. I have some serious damaged hair right now, so I have been using heavy duty conditioners that have been weighing my curly frizzy hair down. This was a good balance for me. Definitely not the best or worst conditioner i have ever tried..and I have tried tons of them. It seemed to do what it was intended to. May purchase again in the future, but expensive.
EDIT: I get it with the wax feeling thing. Washed my hair this morning and it feels like there is some weird coating on it that I cant wash out. Down to 2 lippis b/c my hair did at least look and feel good when it was dry yesterday after using it, but I wont be using it again!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/29/2010 9:34:00 AM More reviews by moppie2005

The Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Shampoo and Conditioner is one horrible set. After washing my hair and drying it, I was wondering why my hair felt like there was glue, wax, or grime still on my hair. Hair felt very matted, instead of soft and smooth. I thought maybe I did a bad washing job that time and just rewashed it the next day with regular drugstore shampoo. All better.

I decided to try the Paul Mitchell stuff again the next wash and gosh, the same thing happened with gluey hair. Now I definitely know it's not my bad washing job, but the product itself.

I have 2 giant bottles now just wasting storage room. Once I get fed up with it enough, I'm just going to throw it out. Complete waste of money.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2010 3:30:00 PM More reviews by Chickadee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a horrible product. It doesn't moisturize my hair at all. I always keep 2 different shampoos and 2 different conditioners in my shower for my different moods, and I always needed to re-condition my hair after using this. It does not perform at all, and may be one of the only higher-end products to see the bottom of my trash can, before the bottle was empty!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2010 11:29:00 AM More reviews by ShannaLoren

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I liked this product. I am african-american though so the weight it leaves was fine for my hair and it left it super sleek. I no longer use it now though.