Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Daily Treatment Conditioner

2.4

Not tested on animals

on 7/7/2012 8:56:00 PM

I bought this on the recommendation of my stylist... WOW, what a horrible product! My hair is somewhat course, but with this junk in it, it felt like sandpaper. I would rather have no conditioner than this stuff.
Looking forward to a trip to the drugstore!

on 5/29/2012 12:19:00 PM

I feel compelled to write a review on the worst conditioner I have ever used.

After 2 attempts at getting used to the product; it has been banished from my house.

The conditioner feels amazing and smells great when it is being applied. The texture is that of a regular conditioner, so I was shocked when I started to blow dry my hair. It felt like I had wax in it, at first i thought I couldn't get it to dry, but realised it was deposited product. In sort - it was atrocious. My hair actually felt drier as a result of using this product, the spilt ends were more visible and my hair was matted!

Very disappointing. I would not recommend this to anyone.

on 5/12/2012 8:07:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

The Ulta lady rec'd this and the matching shampoo to help with frizz on my fine hair. This stuff is crap! My hair had no slip but felt slimey after rinsing. The end result was awful using the two together, hair was weighed down but oddlly still frizzy. I don't expect miracles obviously but this shampoo and the matching conditioner combo were just bad. I've tried other PM shampoos and conditioners, they've never worked for me though some of their styling products are pretty decent. I returned both.

on 2/25/2012 12:43:00 AM

Goodness. This conditioner really felt soft in my hair when I was showering so I had high expectations. But, when I blow dried my hair, it felt so greasy and disgusting and absolutely abominable.

Well, I will just probably give this out to someone I hate, haha - kidding.

Anyways, Paul Michelle products are really good, this one is exceptionally a disgrace...

on 1/29/2012 8:06:00 PM

Worst hair product ever. My hair felt so gross after I used this. My hair is naturally wavy and generally disobedient, but after I used this my hair looked like Hermione's in Harry Potter. And I'm not talking her hair in the later movies. I'm talking the very first one where the hair stylists probably spent hours ratting her hair. Its too bad because they could have saved a lot of money by just having her wash her hair with this. Also, it made my hair feel like sticky straw. I threw out a nearly full bottle it was so bad. I would have been better off not putting conditioner in my hair at all. It took me days for my hair to return to normal.

on 1/18/2012 6:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Take what you think is your worst shampoo and conditioner and set them aside because you're going to need them later. Use any shampoo and then the Super Skinny treatment. Dry your hair and then feel it, or better yet, try to brush through it. You don't remember using cheap, sticky hairspray, do you? Now rewash your hair using your old, so-so stuff. Not so bad now- is it?

I bought this conditioner even after reading the horrible reviews. I'm so sorry Makeup Alley- I thought maybe everyone was wrong, since this is Paul Mitchell- how could it be that bad? I even gave it a second chance since the first time I left off my regular leave-in conditioner. The second time I used my leave-in and it didn't make any difference. Not only did it make my hair feel like there was hairspray in it all the time, but it was horribly staticy too. Don't waste your time and money. I'm returning mine asap. Suave and Dove aren't so bad after all.

on 11/12/2011 2:48:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've been using this with Shampoo Two (clarifying) for about a week now.

I have fine, mostly straight, chin-length hair. I bought this because, though I have flat hair, it does tend to get flyaways and tiny bits of frizz in humidity, and I wanted to smooth it out.

This has filled the bill, so far, and it smells nice. It's a bit stiff as a conditioner goes, and my bottle flip-top has been a pain to get open, but I really can't complain. It's done what I wanted it to do.

I haven't had the issues with a film that other reviewers have mentioned. I sort of wonder if it's the combo of the Super Skinny shampoo with this conditioner that might cause problems? Oh well. Either way, I'm satisfied.

ETA: Still works okay, but I don't know if I would repurchase because my hair still seems rather static-y even after using this conditioner.

on 1/25/2011 10:04:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Simply awful. I love the Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum and was really excited to try the Daily Treatment. What a waste of money. I should have listened to other negative reviews I read, but I really thought this would be great for my hair type. I have extremely dry, coarse, thick hair, prone to breakage and damage. My hair is naturally curly but in a frizzy, wiry way. I flat-iron every time I wash my my hair to smooth is out. My hair LOVES conditioner and can soak it up without ever getting greasy. But not this "daily treatment" which I can't even call a conditioner. I wanted soft, swingy, shiny hair and got stiff, dry, dull hair from this treatment. My ends look drier than usual and my hair feels awful, like it has a gummy coating over it. It's not shiny at all either, just dull and stiff. I rinsed the product out very, very well so I don't think it's a matter of not rinsing long enough. I've read that this product works really well for some people-I just wish I was one of them! If you have coarse, dry, naturally curly hair I would not recommend this product at all. (The Super Skinny Serum is awesome though-just not with the Daily Treatment.)

on 1/3/2011 2:13:00 PM

Blech! This stuff leaves a weird film on my hair - it feels dirty. Doesn't smooth my hair or reduce drying time. I've tried using less product, rinsing more, etc. - still horrible results.

Don't waste your money on this!!

on 10/13/2010 5:35:00 PM

i recieved this as a birthday gift. it had the full shampoo and conditioner, and had a small bottle of the serum. i love how much the frizz on my hair is reduced, but beware of the serum. i used ONE pump, and my hair felt gummy the next day (i shower at night and let my hair air dry). ive reduced it to half a pump, and it works fine now. by the way, i have thickish, wavy hair. i would buy the set again, with some modifying, you will luv it (:

Top Rated Paul Mitchell Products