April 19, 2014 | 833 users online

Shampoo - Paul Mitchell - Super Skinny Daily Shampoo

rated 1 of 5 on 2/11/2013 11:19:00 PM More reviews by PerfectManicure

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I used the shampoo and conditioner together, so I'm going to review them both as "one" product - in other words the cumulative and over all effect of this duo:

The good: smells like apples.
The bad: It really weighs your hair down and not in a way that simplifies straightening - it felt as though my hair took longer than normal to dry and even when dry it was hard to run my hands through. It feels as though the hair is heavily coated from the outside in with something waxy.

Basically, I was thrilled when this was finished (because I really don't like to waste anything if I can help it) - but I will never (ever!) be repurchasing. Thankfully I purchased the set on sale - otherwise I'd be really upset about wasting so much money on a bad product set.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/1/2013 10:07:00 PM More reviews by AmCam28

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I received this as a gift & I agree with other posters' criticisms. I have thick, straight, fine, oily hair that is below my shoulder blades. I hoped I'd have a positive experience, but no such luck. I used this with the corresponding conditioner and they left my hair slightly dry and tangly. It feels like either, maybe both, of the shampoo or conditioner didn't completely rinse and it made my hair take forever to dry. I'm happily returning to my Dove shampoo & conditioner.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2012 7:10:00 PM More reviews by PISALISA

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Hey, look! I just conditioned my hair with an Elmer's glue stick! Yes, this conditioner is THAT bad. As a matter of fact, it is the worst product that I have ever used on my poor hair. I've followed the simple directions of apply and rinse. Gave it 3 tries. It left my hair impossible to manage, sticky, and a lot like gummy hay. The frizz was worse and it was not fixable. What in the blue hell was Paul Mitchell thinking when they let a "conditioner" on the market like this one? It also claims to
reduce drying time. Uh, no. Do not buy this conditioner! Read the reviews and see just how bad this crap is.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/16/2012 3:07:00 PM More reviews by edendani17

There's a Paul Mitchell hair school near where I live, and before I met my stylist I would go there and get my hair cut. The last time I went in they were having a sale on their one liter shampoo and conditioner bottles. She talked me into buying the Super Skinny shampoo/conditioner duo. (She tried to get me to buy the serum, but just these two put a big dent in my pocket) So I go home, use it, and the first time I really like it! Smells good, and although it had a bit of a different texture once I dried and straightened my hair (like I didn't rinse quite all the way), it worked and I was happy. Second day, HORRIBLE. I have no idea what happened. It just felt like I couldn't rinse enough and it seemed like there was a lot of build up.

So here I am, three months later, and last night I decided to try it again. Now usually I can't put conditioner on my roots because it will make my hair super greasy, but that's how all the stylists use conditioner, so I decided to do that and just make sure I rinsed it out. Of course I was very happy with the results and it didn't seem as build-up-y, but I'm scared that when I wash my hair tonight, it will do the same thing. My only suggestion would be to put the conditioner on your roots, but RINSE WELL!!!! That may not even work.

Bottom line is I'm not super impressed. Too expensive. Dove shampoo is a lot cheaper, and works better, IMO!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2012 9:15:00 AM More reviews by futurePMpro

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this line. I used the SS shampoo, lathered twice. Applied the SS conditioner, left it on for 5 minutes. I love the how soft it mad my hair and it made it easy to comb through. After that i applied the relaxing balm ( about 4 pumps) and then about 2 drops of the SS serum. I blow dried and did not need to iron. I have coarse, frizzy, unruly hair. This works great when all the products are used in conjunction. I bought the SS Shampoo & Conditioner for $20 ( each bottle is 1 Liter)

rated 3 of 5 on 7/3/2012 8:59:00 PM More reviews by SweetKaceyJane

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am disappointed. This stuff leaves my hair so dry.

It smells nice enough though.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2012 8:05:00 PM More reviews by junomacguff

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

The Ulta lady rec'd this and the matching conditoner to help with frizz on my fine hair. This stuff is crap! It foamed nicely but my hair had no slip after rinsing and felt kind of rough. The end result was awful using the two together, hair was weighed down but oddlly still frizzy. I don't expect miracles obviously but this shampoo and the matching conditioner were just bad. I've tried other PM shampoos and conditioners, they've never worked for me though some of their styling products are pretty decent. I returned both.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/2/2012 1:44:00 PM More reviews by nudylipstickgirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This smell good, but the preformance is mediocre at best. Glad I bought this on sale as a end of the holiday gift set because I didn't think it was special enough to deserve more credit. Got better result from suave. I didn't think my hair came out any cleaner, smoother, or dried the hair any quicker than what it claims. The bottle is the skinny, but not the price per ounce.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/18/2011 8:49:00 PM More reviews by angelinhell

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This shampoo felt great on my wet hair but after my hair dried, it was horribly dried out and crunchy. I will never buy another paul mitchell shampoo product!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2011 8:50:00 PM More reviews by MistyRiver

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This shampoo can honestly be my HG!!! I have tried so many different kinds of shampoos from drugstore brands to salon brands and this is the best I have yet to top. I bought this on a whim because I like the PM Super Skinny Serum and it works fabulously. When I wash with it, it feels like my hair is getting conditioned at the same time. I have never found a shampoo that has done that before.

It doesn't lather as great as other shampoos but that's ok because that doesn't mean your hair is not getting clean. That just means there aren't a lot of sulfates in it to make the bubbles because sulfates damage your hair, but it still cleanses. When I rinse it out, my hair feels so soft like I just rinsed out conditioner. It's like you don't really need a conditioner because your hair feels so soft after the wash, but I definitely don't skimp out on a conditioner because I have really dry ends that need extra care. Which is more than I can say for the SS conditioner itself, it's crap! I tried so hard to want to like the SS conditioner because I like using sets but it was horrible and didn't leave my hair soft and sleek like the shampoo.

But this is amazing and it will leave your hair so healthy and smooth! I still have yet to find the perfect conditioner but I will always repurchase the SS shampoo because it works! Thank you Paul Mitchell for this wonderful product.