Aveda Light Elements Smoothing Fluid

4.3

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Dimethiconol, Phenyl Trimethicone, Dimethicone Crosspolymer (all preceding ingredients sourced from Silica), Jojoba Seed Oil, Rice Bran Oil, Lavender Oil, Soybean Oil, Tocopheryl (sourced from Soy), Fragrance (including Certified Organic Vetiver, Lavender, Blond Orange, Marjoram, Rosemary, and Cinnamon Leaf), and Limonene.

on 2/11/2011 11:59:00 PM

I love this. Have had the same bottle for a year now and looking forward to another year, maybe 2, of shiny, herbal smelling hair. It's actually an amazing value for how much you get considering a bottle could last you 2 or 3 years. It's perfect for smoothing but not weighing down, exactly what it says it does. Like most Aveda products, i'm in love with the smell of this. Lavender with a touch of bergamont. Aveda is my favorite hair care line, I wish I could afford to use all of thier products!

on 1/6/2011 8:46:00 PM

I use this as sort of a smoothing serum once my hair is dry/styled. Works well to keep frizzies away and gives my hair a nice healthy shine. Replaced my matrix serum with this. Will definitely repurcahse.

on 12/20/2010 9:44:00 AM

Does everything for softness and nothing for shine. Used as a leave in while my hair was damp and then blow dried. My hair was EXTREMELY soft but lacked the shine that I was expecting with using a serum. Applied a little more after blow drying and still not much shine. Next day - hair was still soooo soft but lacked the shine...I have dark hair so it doesn't take much for shine to show up on my hair. Overall, pretty good product, smells good but the scent quickly disappates, I like the pump applicatior, the price is expensive for a serum but I've paid more. I will keep this product for use as a leave-in on damp hair but will not repurchase once this bottle runs out.

on 11/11/2010 2:35:00 PM

I really like this product, but I can see why it doesn't work for everyone.

My hair is fine and wavy, relatively long and I have a lot of it. I wash and blow it dry every other day to straighten it, and use three pumps of the smoothing fluid while my hair is still damp prior to blowing it dry. It smooths my hair and keeps it straight and shiny, and is light enough that I don't need to wash it out every day. Having used many other products (John Frieda, Body Shop, Redken, Shiseido) that promised to do the same and didn't deliver for me, I am ecstatic to have finallllllly found something that does. In spades!

While on vacation, however, I decided to skip blowing my hair out and let it dry wavy in the breeze. I applied my usual three pumps, brushed it through and headed out. When I got back to my room, though, my hair was a limp and frizzy mess...so I pulled out the smoothing fluid and tried adding an additional two pumps to my dry hair. It looked...oily. The frizz was a little less frizzy, but overall I looked like I needed a wash in the worst way. Not pretty.

So used as a styling aid this stuff is golden: it gives me my best-ever hair. But if you need a quick-fix to perfect your messy hair before you run out the door...keep looking. And when you find that elusive gem, let us all know!

on 10/7/2010 1:01:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I have long black shiny thick hair. I got this to smooth the baby hairs that likes to stick out hear and there, but I should probably use hairspray instead of the smoothing fluid. The packaging is misleading as the fluid doesn't actually "spray" out of the bottle; it oozes out of the bottle and flows to wherever gravity decides to take it. It is light weight and I can imagine it giving other people the shine factor, but for me it was a redundant shine product that I didn't need. I would not buy this again, but it's a good product that I would recommend to others.

on 9/17/2010 1:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This serum works great for my coarse asian hair to make it smooth and shiny. Also love that's that not that greasy like the Brillant serum. I've used it for several years and love it. Wish they would make a travel size so I can take it on the road with me.

on 7/22/2010 7:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Nice light shine serum. Smells good and does a great job attacking frizz and adding shine. Would I buy again? No, lots more fish in the sea to try.

on 6/3/2010 7:44:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I adore this product. I have very fine hair with a little frizz and some fly-aways.

How I use it:
I apply one pump to damp hair starting halfway down my hair and through to the ends. I then apply Bumble & Bumble Does It All spray and dry my hair with a hot-air brush.

Pros
- Doesn't weigh my fine hair down at all
- Greatly reduces number of fly-aways and frizz
- My hair feels soft and smooth - like I've just been to the hair salon
- Hair looks shinier

Cons
- Price

on 5/7/2010 1:41:00 PM

I really love this stuff for taming fly aways and eliminating frizzies. Works great but go light on the amount of product b/c you can look greasy if you use too much.

on 3/15/2010 1:47:00 AM

I have been using this product for a couple of years and love it. It is a little pricey, but a little amount goes a long way as it's quite concentrated. Plus the pump dispenser makes it super user friendly. I normally use this after flat ironing. It gives really nice shine, reduces fly aways and frizz. My hair feels smooth and silky, never greasy or limp. A worth while investment that I adore using.