December 22, 2014 | 879 users online

Fragrances - Chanel - Coco

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2014 2:05:00 PM More reviews by grayeyedkat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

You can't argue with top-of-the-line quality. Chanel is reliable and delivers predictable outcomes, very classy. This was first introduced to me by my mom's friend, who sold Avon. I was only about 16 but I was enamored. My mother gave me both a bottle of Cristalle and Coco. I kept them, actually, until I was old enough to wear them. (I'm still waiting because I'm only 30 and these are definitely scents better designed for someone at least 35.) I think of them as a sort of career-dowry or inheritance to myself that I've just had to curate.

Coco is stronger and has a heavier spicy note. It isn't in the least sweet or fruity, but has a slight floral undertone. It primarily relies on a powdery spicy scent that evokes exotic imagery and amber colors. It's a very sophisticated scent and would be ideal for women over the age of 40. It has the emotional feel of being an established career woman, a woman of status, and of experience.

Pros: Very high quality scent, will guarntee meld with your unique chemistry to create an individual signature scent, will give you the impression of sophistication through a sophisticated scent, long lasting so you don't need to use much to apply

Cons: EXTREMELY expensive (about $150 for 3.4 oz), bottle is gawky and wide and hard to grip, have had problems with the plastic parts breaking and the nozzles clogging up, for a specific age group so not widely accessible for a large client base

6 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2014 5:49:00 PM More reviews by Livinginhope

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a sexy going out in the evening perfume. My teenage daughter has 'borrowed' it and I'll probably never see it again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2014 2:33:00 PM More reviews by ninaulrich

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I sprayed Coco edp. on my wrist in the store and I swear, I could smell this wonderful scent through my winter coat when I rode my bike home later that evening. I love a strong scent that stays powerful during the day and I find this to be the case with Chanel fragrances. I've been using Coco Mademoiselle edp. for 7 years, and while I still love it (though it does start out pretty sharp and metallic before the dry down), I had been eyeing Coco for a while for a spicier, more mature and classic scent.

As soon as I tested Coco in the store I knew I had to have it. I bought it later that week and I normally never buy these expensive fragrances outside the tax free, but I just HAD TO HAVE Coco, it's that beautiful. It's freezing cold in Denmark right now and Coco will carry me through the winter. It's such a warm, intoxicating and deeply comforting scent, timeless classy. Exactly how I want to smell and I feel it completes my outfit. I'm 27 and I don't feel too young for Coco at all. This is not something you smell on every girl out there which makes me love it even more. My boyfriend loves it too and he's very picky with scents.

I'm gonna wear this all winter and then my other Chanel favorites, Cristalle edp. and Cristalle Eau Verte for warmer weather.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2013 11:15:00 AM More reviews by misscocktail

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

If you have seen the Coco commercial with Vannessa Paradis swinging in the birdcage, you'll understand the emotions that occur to me when I spray on this wonderfull fragrance. First, there's the search for something that's weird, strange, something you are looking for but you can't exactly pinpoint what it is. Then, when you finally give in to that sweet, nearly sickening and addictive scent, you swing on the trapeze which is Coco and you simply enjoy, and cross all your boundries.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 11/10/2013 7:23:00 PM More reviews by BrigitteBardot

Another Chanel scent that is just too strong and mature for my tastes. I tried both the EDT and the EDP. They both smell like Chanel No. 5 on my skin. My top Chanel fragrance recommendation is still Chance. That smells really good and young. Mademoiselle and Allure are better than Coco too.

I heard Nicole Kidman mixes this with Vanille Abricot (which smells yummy by itself). I tried that, and I still couldn't appreciate the scent of Coco.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2013 12:34:00 PM More reviews by FlannyCupcake

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have own my bottle of Coco for a long time 5+ years and the scent and color has never faded. (I keep my scents in a shaded spot in my bedroom) This spicy scent is the longest lasting perfume I have ever used. You don't need much and you will be smelling fabulous all day long.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2013 8:57:00 PM More reviews by sillage

Mmmm, so beautiful. So comforting. In either EDP or EDT, it doesn't matter -- I love both equally. EDP wears more like a secret -- denser & closer to the skin. EDT is lighter & fresher, wafting more.

Coco is my January holy grail -- this and Aromatics Elixir. When it's freezing cold, gloomy & getting dark early, trees bleak and bare, skies cloudy -- what fits better than Coco? A sweet & spicy, dark & resiny, elegant & classic oriental. And very comforting. For me, dark scents are comforting, and I appreciate cold weather in order to be able to wear them.

I once had a 20-ish sales associate at Belk discussing RL Notorious with me (newly launched at the time), and she wrinkled her nose and said, "I don't like Notorious -- it smells like Coco" (spoken with revulsion). And I thought awwww -- I felt bad for Coco and wondered if this was yet another classic perfume that young girls were hating and classifying unflatteringly. It makes me sad when that happens.

Another time, I was standing at the Belk Clinique counter, and I smelled something dark and beautiful and rather sultry/mysterious approaching behind me.

I turned around and a blond in her 30's stood further down the counter - and I suspected she was wearing Coco. To me, Coco smells like the color black, which is the color clothing she was wearing. I was mesmerized by her scent and thought she smelled soooo much better than I did. I didn't ask her, since I was fairly certain she was wearing the wonderful Coco.

This perfume was featured in the futuristic Steven Spielberg movie "AI" -- it was the mother's only perfume, saved from the past, she was carefully rationing her precious last drops -- but her son spilled it all (on himself), and she was crushed that she had no more Coco left.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2013 7:21:00 PM More reviews by twinkle70

Coco by Chanel is fabulous.... from the starting gate of it's elegant, art deco bottle to the juice inside. I personally use the EDT. I like the brighter, soft spicy kick that it has as opposed to the EDP. Although, I would not turn my nose up (no pun intended) to a gift of the EDP. I find that the EDT has the easiest day-to-day wearability as well. I have very bad allergies, and this scent does not bother me at all. Silliage is good, and on moisturized skin - the lasting power is great. You can just tell that this is an expensive, well thought out scent. It evolves. It's versatile from day to night, from dressed up to cozy-in for the night. I do not see this as an 80's perfume at all. I view it as a classic that is timeless.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2013 8:15:00 PM More reviews by Lilmissabby

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this perfume. When I read the description of it, while it was still on the Macy's site, I loved every word of it. Then I smelled it, it was like heaven, so complicated yet so simple and straightforward! I'm a very girly girl, polite, elegant (the floral and amber notes), and at the same time, not as a second trait but these two are always present, a very tough, rustic, old school American type gal(referring to the wood and leather scents). Like i would wear hunting boots and old dusty leather jackets on top of a pretty floral tea dress. I guess im a tad ironic, fashion girl meets tomboy attitude. This perfume is so, so perfect! So PERFECT! I'm planning to get me a bigger bottle of it this summer, make it my signature perfume. I want those closest to me to remember me by The scent if coco. Right now I wear no. 5, but it's just not me, as much as I adore it. J'adoré la Coco de Chanel parfum avec un passion. Assez beau!

6 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2013 12:54:00 PM More reviews by browneyedelise

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

With Coco, Jacques Polge took the Opium trend, dialed it back down about 5 notches and added more blossoms. The result is a gorgeous balmy blend of orange blossom, tonka and resins. You will find the EDP far more heavy on the blossoms than on the spice, and I happen to love the simmering spices that are brought out more in the EDT. This one is sweet and yes has a touch of the 'cola' note upon first spritz, which I imagine is the tonka blending with the sweeter flowers. Make no mistake - it is quietly classy, warm and sexy. This is about as far from the cleaned up, almost metallic patchouli of Coco Mademoiselle as you can get. One of my signatures.

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No