August 20, 2014 | 1089 users online

Fragrances - Chanel - Coco

rated 2 of 5 on 11/10/2013 7:23:00 PM More reviews by BrigitteBardot

Another Chanel scent that is just too strong and mature for my tastes. I tried both the EDT and the EDP. They both smell like Chanel No. 5 on my skin. My top Chanel fragrance recommendation is still Chance. That smells really good and young. Mademoiselle and Allure are better than Coco too.

I heard Nicole Kidman mixes this with Vanille Abricot (which smells yummy by itself). I tried that, and I still couldn't appreciate the scent of Coco.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2013 12:34:00 PM More reviews by FlannyCupcake

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have own my bottle of Coco for a long time 5+ years and the scent and color has never faded. (I keep my scents in a shaded spot in my bedroom) This spicy scent is the longest lasting perfume I have ever used. You don't need much and you will be smelling fabulous all day long.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2013 8:57:00 PM More reviews by sillage

Mmmm, so beautiful. So comforting. In either EDP or EDT, it doesn't matter -- I love both equally. EDP wears more like a secret -- denser & closer to the skin. EDT is lighter & fresher, wafting more.

Coco is my January holy grail -- this and Aromatics Elixir. When it's freezing cold, gloomy & getting dark early, trees bleak and bare, skies cloudy -- what fits better than Coco? A sweet & spicy, dark & resiny, elegant & classic oriental. And very comforting. For me, dark scents are comforting, and I appreciate cold weather in order to be able to wear them.

I once had a 20-ish sales associate at Belk discussing RL Notorious with me (newly launched at the time), and she wrinkled her nose and said, "I don't like Notorious -- it smells like Coco" (spoken with revulsion). And I thought awwww -- I felt bad for Coco and wondered if this was yet another classic perfume that young girls were hating and classifying unflatteringly. It makes me sad when that happens.

Another time, I was standing at the Belk Clinique counter, and I smelled something dark and beautiful and rather sultry/mysterious approaching behind me.

I turned around and a blond in her 30's stood further down the counter - and I suspected she was wearing Coco. To me, Coco smells like the color black, which is the color clothing she was wearing. I was mesmerized by her scent and thought she smelled soooo much better than I did. I didn't ask her, since I was fairly certain she was wearing the wonderful Coco.

This perfume was featured in the futuristic Steven Spielberg movie "AI" -- it was the mother's only perfume, saved from the past, she was carefully rationing her precious last drops -- but her son spilled it all (on himself), and she was crushed that she had no more Coco left.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2013 7:21:00 PM More reviews by twinkle70

Coco by Chanel is fabulous.... from the starting gate of it's elegant, art deco bottle to the juice inside. I personally use the EDT. I like the brighter, soft spicy kick that it has as opposed to the EDP. Although, I would not turn my nose up (no pun intended) to a gift of the EDP. I find that the EDT has the easiest day-to-day wearability as well. I have very bad allergies, and this scent does not bother me at all. Silliage is good, and on moisturized skin - the lasting power is great. You can just tell that this is an expensive, well thought out scent. It evolves. It's versatile from day to night, from dressed up to cozy-in for the night. I do not see this as an 80's perfume at all. I view it as a classic that is timeless.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2013 8:15:00 PM More reviews by Lilmissabby

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this perfume. When I read the description of it, while it was still on the Macy's site, I loved every word of it. Then I smelled it, it was like heaven, so complicated yet so simple and straightforward! I'm a very girly girl, polite, elegant (the floral and amber notes), and at the same time, not as a second trait but these two are always present, a very tough, rustic, old school American type gal(referring to the wood and leather scents). Like i would wear hunting boots and old dusty leather jackets on top of a pretty floral tea dress. I guess im a tad ironic, fashion girl meets tomboy attitude. This perfume is so, so perfect! So PERFECT! I'm planning to get me a bigger bottle of it this summer, make it my signature perfume. I want those closest to me to remember me by The scent if coco. Right now I wear no. 5, but it's just not me, as much as I adore it. J'adoré la Coco de Chanel parfum avec un passion. Assez beau!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2013 12:54:00 PM More reviews by browneyedelise

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

With Coco, Jacques Polge took the Opium trend, dialed it back down about 5 notches and added more blossoms. The result is a gorgeous balmy blend of orange blossom, tonka and resins. You will find the EDP far more heavy on the blossoms than on the spice, and I happen to love the simmering spices that are brought out more in the EDT. This one is sweet and yes has a touch of the 'cola' note upon first spritz, which I imagine is the tonka blending with the sweeter flowers. Make no mistake - it is quietly classy, warm and sexy. This is about as far from the cleaned up, almost metallic patchouli of Coco Mademoiselle as you can get. One of my signatures.

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2013 7:30:00 PM More reviews by alina08

Coco takes a while to get used to if you are not used to heavier perfumes. It is heavy, but a little goes a long way. The scent is very romantic, more of an evening scent really. It is a bit spicy, undercut by light floral undertones. I very much enjoy this perfume- but sparingly. This is too romantic for everyday use.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2012 3:07:00 PM More reviews by Princess2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Lovely fragrance that lasts for up to 5 hours. It is a fragrance that can be used when you go to work, parties, events, etc. Spray lightly on because the spray is powerful and can be overwhelming when you do not control it. Lovely and excellent quality perfume.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2012 12:50:00 PM More reviews by Lipstickluvah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Where to begin?....Coco is utterly fabulous. Coco is effortlessly chic, a fragrance that turns heads and draws attention, without being harsh or severe. I've worn Coco Mademoiselle for years, and while I do still wear it from time to time, it will never compare to the original Coco. It is a fragrance that you *must* smell on your skin to appreciate. When I first smelled Coco at the Chanel counter, on a tester strip, my first impression was that it was another overly intense, crowded, stuffy and overwhelming scent, like #5. But I tried it on anyways, walked away, and went back to the purchase the large bottle after about ten minutes- after the scent settled a bit, it was glorious! It is one that needs to melt into your skin to be fully enjoyed, and it wears even better as the day goes on. An instant pick me up. I've worn it every day since, which is saying A LOT, as I am one who tends to have a wandering eye, never completely satisfied with any of the dozens of perfumes I own. But not with Coco, no, Coco will forever be my signature scent. It just "works", every day, every occasion, every outfit. I would feel as comfortable wearing Coco in a wedding dress as I would jeans.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2012 7:33:00 PM More reviews by Shadow_Witch

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This review is for the EDT. On me it is a mossy, clove-y rose and tonka skin scent. It's so easy to wear, whether I dress up or down. It loses a lippy on packaging. The EdT bottle is a boring rectangle bereft of Chanel style.