MAC Loose Powder

3.8

I bought this in NC15 and it's lasted for years. It's nothing special-- you could find the same quality in a drugstore brand at a lower price and the MAC powder compact is easier to apply and gives longer-lasting results. The packaging is awkward and messy.

on 5/9/2009 3:13:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

looking for a studio fix powder at mac, i stumbled upon this. the ma said that it would be better to set my foundation with this instead of the msf natural or the studio fix. i purchased this in nc40. it was okay for a while..i liked the sheer coverage it gave me. but then i noticed that i would get dry patches on my face.

on 4/20/2009 7:37:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I've started paring down my daily routine to let my skin breathe. So instead of slapping on concealer and foundation, these days I get by with just concealer and loose powder. Having been an ardent MAC fan for years, I reached for the loose powder and I've found it to be absolutely everything I hoped it would be. My skin is oily/ combination and this keeps my shine at bay. Admittedly I have to have a mid-day touch up but that does not bother me. My skin is in a much better condition than it used to be and it takes me a lot less time to do my face in the mornings!

on 3/22/2009 2:31:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

This is a standard powder. It sets my makeup nicely and provides sheer coverage. It's pretty standard though. I'm taking one lippie off due to the price, you can buy something similar at the drug store for a lot cheaper. I don't like the container either, it's too messy. I prefer compact powders since they are much neater.

on 3/22/2009 12:25:00 AM

This powder gives a very nice finish to my face and it is noticeable when I forget to use it. However NC 15 is still too dark for my skin and I mix it with Ben Nye Bloody Mary Goth powder (which is pure white) to get the correct tone. It's a bit drying on some parts of my face, like the sides of my nose and between the eyes. However it's the best loose powder I have found and I love it.

on 10/19/2008 6:55:00 AM

At first, this product gave great shine control, but after a while I started breaking out all over in huge pimples! I had to visit my dermatologist again and she ticked me off for ruining years of "work" that had gone into my skin. For now, I'll stick to brands like Clinique and Bobbi Brown that work fine with sensitive/acne prone skin.

on 9/27/2008 3:15:00 AM

I've been using this for about a year now, and although I like it, I feel like the minerlized pressed powders are a lot better. they really luminated my skin, and lasted longer. I didn't feel like this product was at all drying to my skin. If anything I'd say that It didn't keep the shine under coltrol like I would have preferred.

on 5/6/2008 2:38:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

this product is very drying after a couple of hours..i looked so dry and dull when i looked in the mirror 2 hours later...i loved the fact that it controlled oil at first because my skin use to be soo oily, but now i prefer the oil, atleast i looked hydrated...and dont drop this accidently b/c its soo flimsy and the top cracked on mine, but its ok since im not using it anymore..

on 12/21/2007 12:31:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I am really digging this loose powder from MAC. It really sets my foundation well, (I don't use MAC foundation, I alternate between Becca foundation stick and MUFE mat velvet). It leaves my skin looking dewy, but not shiny and it sets my foundation all day. I have combo oily skin and I have yet to break out from this (don't think I will). Its kind of spendy for a product, but you get so much product, and you use so little for every application...I think its worth it, IMO. I took a chance and swatched myself online (it came out ok), but you might want to go to a MAC counter and get swatched if you aren't familiar with MAC products.

All in all a good product. I would repurchase.

Feels nice and light on my skin, okay shine-control. I'm not sure if the quality is worth the price you pay though.

Recommended for Normal Skin