LUSH Daddyo shampoo

3.5

Fresh Lemon Infusion (Citrus limonum), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Alkyl Sulfate, Toothed Wrack Seaweed Infusion (Fucus serratus), Fresh Sea Water (Aqua), Cocamide DEA, Cocamide MEA, Perfume, Glycol Cetearate, Fresh Lime Juice (Citrus limetta), Coconut Oil (Cocos nucifera), Violet Leaf Absolute (Viola odorata), Rose Absolute (Rosa centifolia), Bergamot Oil (Citrus bergamia), Cananga Oil (Cananga odorata), *Limonene, *Linalool, Coumarin, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Colour 61585, Colour 18050

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I never actually fully bought the product but due to LUSH being very generous with samples I have tried this shampoo maybe 6 or 7 times. I used it for a while on my freshly ombred hair , to try and tone the orange ness down. It worked well and reduced my brassy ombré to Carmel brown. However now that my hair is tonned I will not use this, it's too expensive for me and it seems to be deteriorating the condition of my hair by drying it out and not cleansing my roots properly. But if I re ombred my hair I may use this in conjunction with other products to tone again.

on 12/27/2013 5:31:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I thought I'd try this out as I love Lush bath/shower products. I have naturally black hair and have been bleaching it blonde for the past 4 years. Been using this for a few months now and am not too pleased with the product. I find it actually very irritating to my scalp and it has even caused my scalp to become dry and flaky. For a purple shampoo it does tone, but I have found many other purple shampoos with the same effect, without leaving my scalp so dry. Waiting till it runs out and will not use again....

on 12/26/2013 9:08:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This product is okay it leaves my hair really clean but doesn't dry it out. I was told in the store that it makes hair a bit lighter which I think it does as my friend used it repeatedly on the bottom half of her hair and it went a lot lighter after a couple of months however this product doesn't really stand out to much to me but would be perfect for someone with lighter hair.

on 12/18/2013 3:53:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

The LUSH Daddy-O Shampoo is simply wonderful.
I bought this shampoo randomly as I was shopping at LUSH and was pretty much picking any products that caught my eye.
Daddy-O is a purple shampoo, which purple shampoos help tone brassiness in hair. Personally, I am a brunette, but I don't feel like it really matters as I really do not see a major difference in the loss of brassiness in my hair at all. Nonetheless, I don't really care that it doesn't remove brassiness all that well, because this shampoo is amazing at cleaning the hair effectively but at also leaving it with the perfect amount of moisture as well. It smells very unique; like lemons but also like this sweet floral scent as well. I can't put my hand on the exact smell, but it is definitely different than anything I have ever smelled before. It really grew on me the more I used it.
Lemon is the first ingredient in here and lemons are known to really brighten the hair, making it super shiny, which I definitely can tell.
I really recommend this shampoo to really any hair types, I feel like it would work well on oily hair just as well than on dry hair.

I like the smell, and I like the colour, but it doesn't help tone my hair. It cleans and leaves behind a nice scent, so I'll probably use the rest of the bottle :)

on 9/1/2013 11:50:00 PM

I've been using the shampoo for a couple of weeks. I found that using it on it's own doesn't make my hair feel very nice but if i mix it with my regular Tresemme anti-breakage shampoo i still get the benefits of a purple shampoo but with a toned down smell and cleaner feeling hair. I've gotten many compliments of how nice my hair smells and how bright and lovely the colour is. This one is a win for me!

on 8/25/2013 10:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

If this works for you, awesome. I wish it did anything for me other than induce a violent wave of frustration. want to like Lush as much as the rest of the world, but I can't help but feel that there "natural and all fresh" schtick is nothing more than a wordy pile of bullcrap. Yeah, their stuff smells good, but the cost of their products is ridonkulous, given that even the stuff they claim to be "gentle" contains high levels of irritants, and cheap ingredients.

The scent is headache inducing, but I can get over that if the product works.I've used this product here and there in the hopes that it would liven up my dirty blonde hair. I haven't seen a noticeable difference, because I've been able to consistently use this. Let a lone drying out my strands, this product causes rashes and pustules on my forehead. Sustained use is impossible; the thought of itchy, scratchy bumps sends me grabbing for my most gentle products.

Blah. I'm sick of Lush.

Just remember that natural does not mean better, and that no matter how natural they say they are, the ingredient list reveals their secrets.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have full set highlighted hair which is blonde ! I bought this and I have very dry hair, but it works wonders! After styling my hair, my hair was light, bright, felt good, shiny and clean. It is not drying if you condition your hair, its so dark that it really helps tone the color and make hair feel light. All you need is a drop and yes its expensive but you get what you pay for, it lasts forever. I have had mine a week and it has hardly gone down ! I would recommend :)

on 6/25/2013 11:45:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I really like it for my highlighted blonde hair! I don't apply it to my ends and I do follow up with a good conditioner so I don't really agree with the other reviews that say this is drying. I rotate washes with this and LUSH's Big shampoo, which I also love. I do a deep repair mask every few washes.

Yes it is expensive and blah blah, but remember your paying for more than a product when you buy LUSH. When you compare ingredients lists to regular shampoos, there really is a difference. Also it’s supporting jobs in your country, good ingredients and high moral standards like recycling and not testing on animals. All this costs more than bulk manufacturing! There need to be more companies like this!

I used this three times before giving it away. It's just to drying for my hair. Even with a powerful conditioner it was leaving my ends fryed. I didn't wait around to see if it helped my hair with color.

Top Rated LUSH Products