Shu Uemura Eye Shadow

4.7

ingredients: for matte:, ingredients , talc , calcium carbonate , zinc stearate , boron nitride , silica , phenyl trimethicone , neopentyl glycol diethylhexanoate , lauroyl lysine , polymethyl methacrylate , squalane , simmondsia chinensis / jojoba seed oil , phytosteryl macadamiate , dimethicone , dipentaerythrityl hexahydroxystearate/hexastearate/hexarosinate , polyglyceryl-2 triisostearate , octyldodecanol , octyldodecyl myristate , caprylic/capric/myristic/stearic triglyceride , methicone , tocopherol , canola / canola oil , phenoxyethanol , methylparaben , ethylparaben , propylparaben , butylparaben , , may contain: mica , ci 77891 / titanium dioxide , ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499 / iron oxides , ci 19140 / yellow 5 lake , ci 42090 / blue 1 lake , ci 73360 / red 30 , ci 75470 / carmine , ci 77007 / ultramarines , ci 77742 / manganese violet , ci 77288 / chromium oxide greens , ci 77289 / chromium hydroxide green , ci 77510 / ferric ferrocyanide

on 11/13/2009 3:22:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

Great pigmentation and staying power. The product is nice, silky and smooth in application. Downside is they are expensive per shadow.

on 10/25/2009 4:46:00 AM

This is quite simply the highest quality pressed eye shadow in the world. I've been using Shu's eye shadows since 1990 (with ME Silver 945, now ME 850, quite religiously for that long). The colors and texture are both unparalleled. The lasting power is brilliant, and the powders are so highly pigmented that one eye shadow will last you a very, very long time. I understand how some people complain about the packaging, but I really think that with a collection like Shu's a woman needs at least 4 shades of these anyway, and when you have 4 you can just stick them in the mini compact palette (for $12). Ultimately it's more practical to carry 4 in one case than to haul individually encased Chanels and YSLs and Givenchys etc. It would never occur to me to ever stop buying these, no matter what.

A lovely swapper included one of these as an extra. I love it!! It feels so velvety and goes on smooth. Super blendable and highly pigmented!! I very rarely wear eyeshadow, but this is quite lovely on!! With that being said, only in a swap would I get this again. Would I recommend to all my fellow MUA peeps? Yes!! :O)~

on 9/17/2009 4:01:00 AM

Just started my mini collection on these, got pretty curious and got bored of MAC eyeshadows and was looking for new colors to collect. So far pigmentation is awesome, staying power is great and I'm inlove. <3

No complaints at all.

on 1/6/2009 9:23:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this for my grad last year and I still wear it, and the color (IR green 500) is very pretty! It was kind of expensive for Eyeshadow, but it has last very well.

I *love* these Shadows!

I'm new to the Shu Uemura line, and only starting using the eyeshadows a few months ago, but I'm hooked on them big time! I bought several at Saks during my last trip to the U.S. and recently got one on ebay and love them all. I only have 4 ME shades but would love to eventually collect more. The cheap looking plastic packaging didn't make this line look appealing to me when I first saw it several years ago at a Saks counter but I should have listened to the famous saying. Don't judge a book by it's cover! These shadows apply like butter and are nicely pigmented. Truly top quality! At present there is no Shu counter in my city although I heard a rumour that one would be coming to Holt Renfrew in Toronto.

on 6/23/2008 11:58:00 AM

I really like Shu Uemura e/s, it's of good quality and stunning colors. The e/s I tried so far are highly pigmented and the effect is very pretty! also, it's very lasting!

but it's quite expensive, SIN$31 iirc.

on 12/20/2007 1:08:00 AM

I love this shadow. Pigment is great. I use it as a liner as well. It's one thing I'm willing to splurge on with my "new mommy" budget.

I always get compliments.

on 11/12/2007 9:53:00 AM

Their eyeshadows are very lasting and very safe for contact lens wearers. The colours are gorgeous too. They last the whole day. No eyeshadow base is needed!

on 5/5/2007 2:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I LOVE these eyeshadows. Normally, I'm fairly frugal about makeup, but to me these are worth it. They're super soft, very pigmented, and they last forever. The colors are gorgeous, both in pan on me. Packaging could be nicer, especially on the older ones. I do however like the packaging on the newer ones.

I would definitely not hesitate to buy more of these. They're so vibrant and beautiful.

Top Rated Shu Uemura Products