November 22, 2014 | 1952 users online

Blush - MAC - Cubic

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2012 12:23:00 AM More reviews by inasaf

I love this color! I use it whenever I'm not sure what color of blush to use in the morning. The only thing is, sometimes I get too much of it on the brush and end up with a dark pink/brown stain on my cheek... maybe I need a better brush.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2012 9:31:00 PM More reviews by secondadonna

This is a standby everyday colour - very natural light pink, not too warm, but not totally cool either. I was surprised to find I kept wearing this all summer and it gave me an almost sunkissed look with its slight undertone of bronzey beige. It was also useful if I decided to use bronzer, which usually looks very unnatural on me (PPP, NW15 or lighter) - a smudge of Cubic right on the apples of my cheeks helped pull that look together.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2012 2:03:00 AM More reviews by aquatic

Cubic is an awesome rosy color and looks really good on my fair skin. IT DOES NOT HAVE ANY SHIMMER TO IT WHATSOEVER. I'm surprised Cubic isn't labeled as a matte blush. I was disappointed with that but I'm pleased to say that was my one and only disappointment.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/4/2012 5:29:00 PM More reviews by Susan2148

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Been wearing this off and on for a few months, and it has turned out to be a nice, natural bronzy color for me. I've also started wearing it in my crease, and it gives my face that look of having a bit of sun. I wear Bobbi Brown Shell all over my lid, Bobbi Brown Ivory on my brow bone, and Cubic in the crease. No major contouring here, just brushing it on quickly. For a little more eye umph I'm lining with a gray pencil and applying a gray powder on top. This will probably be my look for the warmer months.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2012 7:43:00 PM More reviews by ritalimehouse

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My HG blush! Seriously, this blush packs an all-around punch - great for multi-tasking (work and happy hour!). Its the only blush I've been able to contour with (I'm an NC35) and it doesn't look muddy or garish.

I will definitely repurchase when I run out - though at the rate that I'm going, that probably won't be for a few more years. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2012 8:29:00 PM More reviews by rsidancer

I like this blush, but when applied in anything less then perfect/ bright lighting you really can't tell where it is placed. Have to pack the brush to see anything and I have pretty pale NW20 skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2011 11:52:00 PM More reviews by RussetBrunette

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have NC20 skin and cubic is PERFECT. Where have you been all my life? It looks so natural on my skin, I just cant get over it. I wasn't even looking to get it when I went to MAC and just happened to swipe it for sheer curiosity and wha-la! I highly recommend this as a staple to have in your collection if you have light skin and want a natural looking complexion.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2011 10:39:00 PM More reviews by xAutumnBabyx

This is such a beautiful blush- it has been my Holy Grail for the last 6 months, and I recently just repurchased this after hitting pan on my first one. I often order all of my MAC products online, since my nearest counter is around a 2 hour drive. One day, I had a chance to go to a counter, and wasn't initially aware that this color existed. I wanted something that would go with every eyeshadow look- from dark, bright or neutral. I swatched Buff, Prism, and Blunt- gorgeous shades, but nothing really exciting. I then swatched Cubic and liked how the color was a light dusy rose/beige/pink (I find the color a bit hard to explain) .... I purchased it right away, and when I tried it the first time, I was hooked. This blush looks so gorgeous, it gives the perfect pop of color- without looking to bright. The formula goes on Matte, without the slightest bit of shimmer. I wear a shimmery highlighter, so I don't like any kind of sheen to my blushes unless I plan to skip the highlighter. All in all, I adore this :) and out of my 12 other MAC blushes, I pretty much only reach for this. I'm sure in the future another color will grab my eye, but for now I'm loving this. This matches with my HG highlighter (Revlon's Mineral powder in 'Brighten') and my contour powder (MAC's Refined Golden Bronzer) ....This may not look like much in the pan, but its truly gorgeous!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/15/2011 3:24:00 AM More reviews by aznbunny

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

On me, it's a nude beige-y dusty rose. I don't even know why I purchased it. I already have so many blushes, yet I keep going repurchasing colors like this. It looks great because it's understated and natural so you can wear it to school or work. However, I don't find it anything special. I got it off eBay and saved $10, so I'll say the price is justified because the color payoff and lasting power is exceptional, but the color itself is not so unique.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2011 5:59:00 AM More reviews by Tygerlilee84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been going through a huge blush explosion. I used to never wear blush, and now I own more than I can ever use up. I've been trying a ton of different colors. Cubic is a color I've been looking for for a while. I wanted a muted, neutral, clean, soficticated/officy pink. In the pan, Warm Soul looked perfect, but on it turned orangy. For a while I used Blushbaby, but now I feel like it's a bit orangy and a little muddy looking on me. I finally got Cubic in a swap and it's perfect. On me, it's a clean, neutral, muted pink. Some people describe it as brown or even as a bronzer for the fair. I can see where they think that. However, for me, it's too pink to use as a bronzer. If you look at karlasugar's blush swatches, I feel like that is true to color on me. It's my perfect "at work/professional/natural" blush. This has replaced Blushbaby for me.
Actually, a huge reason it took me so long to try Cubic is because it looks just like Blushbaby in the pan. When I swatch them side-by-side, Blushbaby is distinctly orange and Cubic is definitely pink.
Edit 3/5/12: So I tried Tenderling, I thought adding a comparison might be helpful. Tenderling turns orangy brown unless applied super lightly. If applied super lightly you can't see it within a couple hours. My skin must bring out extremes in colors because if I swatch them they look fairly similar, and applied lightly they look almost identical, but on the cheek if applied with a couple layers one is pink and one is orange. Personally, I'm not a fan of orange.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No